vps problem

remigas

Question

6 answers to this question

You should have the IP on mail when you get confirmation. Else you could try to use command to check ip via ssh, I believe. 

Actually if your package has Dedicated IP address you'll get in an Email or you can contact your provider as @SweeTs said, if you lost it somehow  :

On Linux : you can run this command to Terminal or SSH :

ifconfig

you'll get something like this

111222333.png

On Windows : you can go to sites like whatismyip.com

Also make it more clear to people to understand you, since "xxxxx.xxxxx.com" is not an IP, it's a DNS [Dynamic Name System], which will resolve automatically to an IP, so if you sent a Ping request you'll get the IP but DNS in some cases better than using Direct IP, so in case IP Changed you wont need to change it to all clients, just Set DNS Resolver to the new IP and all will connect normally, Also DNS can be useful when working with Security, so you can pass all connections to something like a gateway that check the requests before redirecting it to the real IP Address

Edited by SamDev-Coder

in vps the ip is static. 

if you want to make with letters download no-ip and take your ip. (its static ip) if you want to use from your pc use no-ip for static :)

problem is that my Navicat and all server going on IP Adress and after restart (there was some updates) VPS Start to connect by HostName, so i need to know how to make priority for IP not hostname. i will add pics bellow.

host.png

ip.png