Source Update

remigas

Question

Can anyone please, give any tutorial, or give me help, how to update source without changeing already maked mods?

I mean if i have already some mods installed in source how i can update like from 340 to 360 rev?. Without damage my mods?

Tnx

2 answers to this question

Well to do that you have to add manually all the diffs from 340 .. 360 which is huge amount of wasting time.

it is better to save all your custom mods and add them after you got your 360 completed

If you speak of aCis, I always say it's easier to port back your customs than to manually apply the diffs. 20 diffs patches is simply huge in term of edition, and you will most probably end with numerous bugs in the end.

Whatever you added as custom, it will always be lower in term of code lines than almost any aCis revision.

Easiest is to create the diff patch of your customs, and to manually apply it if lines don't match anymore. Another tip is to avoid to edit existing classes, and make your own classes. Lesser you impact existing classes, less edits/line collisions you will get.

Edited by Tryskell