Help With Finding The Problem...

Salty Mike

Question

Heya. I have some real good files but the problem is that I get an error while installing the SQL.

ERROR 1071 (42000) at line 1: Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes
ERROR at line 4: Failed to open file 'Server : localhost', error: 2
ERROR at line 4: Failed to open file 'Server : mysqlInstaller', error: 2

This is the error I get during the installation of the SQLs into my MySQL. I wonder if it could be the java version or the MySQL version. Is there a way to check which was used while building the files? I mean I have the source and thus ive compiled them myself, but thats not the issue. I just cant figure it out. According to the error code there are too many variables, but where?

Edited by bru7al

1 answer to this question

ERROR 1071 (42000) at line 1: Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes

This issue came up from mysql server 5.6 if I'm not wrong, you have a key value with varchar length more than 1k bytes, (probably in character_variables).

Regarding other issues, looks like Server database doesn't exist.