Fishing Waters

zilbe333

Question

Hi, I'm confused about setting fishing zone and water zone.

I have hell of a lot fishing zones in my zone.xml file, but almost none works. I wasnt's sure whether fishing is allowed at all, but it says true in config, and only FEW places I managed to fish. So fishing works it self.

I made fishing zone my self, around the water, but still I cannot fish there. WHY?

Nor admin, nor regular player.

Could it be z level issues?

Sometimes admin has his hoo not in the water but behind in the ground!

Edited by zilbe333

5 answers to this question

I've managed to learn/create water zone. But fish zone doesn'tt work when I'm trying to create around water zone, What could be wrong?

could there be some issues with z levels? How should they be set? should I stand right on water level and take coords notes?

These measures minZ='-5223' maxZ='-3752 what do they stand for? water surface and deepest place?

I'm confused.

Edited by zilbe333

I went through a fishing zone, where I was able to fish in few places. All the area of the zone I could fish in like 3 places, others I couldn't! WHY? wtf is going on with the fishing zones?

1.When creating fihing zone, doeas it has to line with water zone or should I make few steps wider area?

2.To be able to fish, should I stand IN fishing zone strictly, or should I be in fishing AND water zone at the same time, or can I be few steps out the zone, but hook and line must be in the zone?

I made a picture: red is fishing zone set around Blue-water. Is there any position I cant fish and is there a position I MUST bet in strictly?

Untitled.jpg

Edited by zilbe333

The bait must reach the fishing zone, other stuff is normally irrelevant. Water zone has to exist for the swim effect. I guess there is 2 different zones types because a fishing zone can be higher than a water zone (otherwise that would be far more simple to simply use fishing zones, which are accurate water zones, while water zones currently cover huge space with only few zones).

I think the Z is based on geoengine if it is on.

Edited by Tryskell

I created  fishing zone in random place outside the town, made from 5 ponts, had it in zone.xml like other fishing zone exapmles, and writen its points in zone vertices in db. I was unable to fish there...

What could be wrong?