Custom Servers

galos

Writing this short post to ask you guys the following: Why the majority of l2 community doesn't like playing in a custom server? Why is there no serious work being invested in anything custom related? Is it because it's hard to balance stuff? Because it takes away from the "real l2 experience (whatever that means)"? I'm really wondering, would love to see some input.

Ppl are lazy to farm, so their excuse is that custom items are op, destroying the balance. Thats why. No custom items, no farm, 'everyone' is happy.

Right..

Edited by SweeTs

Ppl are lazy to farm, so their excuse is that custom items are op, destroying the balance. Thats why. No custom items, no farm, 'everyone' is happy.

Right..

You forgot to add "'everyone' is happy for an hour".

If people are lazy to farm, why do they still play L2? Is it because they like pvp? Then why every pure x10k pvp server closes after a month max? I still see some people trying to find a decent server, what is it they looking for? What makes an l2 player "happy"? I have to add here that the only server currently standing without a wipe and moving on with a steady pace (6+ years without a single wipe and steady economy) is a well-thought and as balanced as it gets CUSTOMIZED server to a big extend. 

If people are lazy to farm, why do they still play L2? Is it because they like pvp? Then why every pure x10k pvp server closes after a month max? I still see some people trying to find a decent server, what is it they looking for? What makes an l2 player "happy"? I have to add here that the only server currently standing without a wipe and moving on with a steady pace (6+ years without a single wipe and steady economy) is a well-thought and as balanced as it gets CUSTOMIZED server to a big extend. 

You will never find "happy" l2 player..

Everyone will find something to blame admins, it will be the balance, the server economy, the too much farm, the donations, the classes that are useless to play and a lot of things more!

And my opinion is that since everyone is able to create a server even a newbie with 0 knowledge cause he can still get an compiled pack and open a server, people started to get bored of this and now it's hard to trust a server and believe that will be something "unique" or something that fits to their needs and cause of this the most players of l2 community left l2.

Also for example let's take me, since i started to play pvp servers and i was mostly play on pvp servers now i got bored of them but i also got bored of the farm/craft thing so i won't play or i will join a server for a week maybe more and then i will just leave and i will play again after 2,3 months.. And the most of players do the same thing.

wow a post that makes sense! that's new for maxcheaters l2 section

Writing this short post to ask you guys the following: Why the majority of l2 community doesn't like playing in a custom server? Why is there no serious work being invested in anything custom related? Is it because it's hard to balance stuff? Because it takes away from the "real l2 experience (whatever that means)"? I'm really wondering, would love to see some input.

http://l2perseus.com/ - lots of work involved, lots of custom

had some new classes too but they were "op" because they shit on archers and mages

A lot of work on this server..nice work but why are you so ratsism with greeks??you know this if greeks doesnt exist on this world there will be no action?Greek is in All world...o

None can delete our community because our community can teach a lot thinks to the world..lets start with Germany before 50and mor years this people was like animals..Greeks is an examble for.this life now on this country.. :D

greeks are the reason why l2j interlude is the laughing stock of the gaming community

yes, im sure the world can take notes on how to put their country into massive debt 

greeks are the reason why l2j interlude is the laughing stock of the gaming community

yes, im sure the world can take notes on how to put their country into massive debt

No is not only greeks lets be serious now...where is all worlds l2 players...there is nore people than greeks where waiting a ready server ...archer hits 100damage more and i leave the server come on there is not only with greeks but with all people on this world..

No is not only greeks lets be serious now...where is all worlds l2 players...there is nore people than greeks where waiting a ready server ...archer hits 100damage more and i leave the server come on there is not only with greeks but with all people on this world..

ok ok its greeks and mexicans. better?

you're the one in denial when you think its not greeks who open over 10 servers a day with literally the EXACT same features (aka changed l2jfrozen configs) with a weebly or wordpress or ucoz site in 2016

greeks have the lowest standards in servers and provide the lowest quality gameplay with their ignorance and constant complaining

Edited by le memer master

ok ok its greeks and mexicans. better?

you're the one in denial when you think its not greeks who open over 10 servers a day with literally the EXACT same features (aka changed l2jfrozen configs) with a weebly or wordpress or ucoz site in 2016

greeks have the lowest standards in servers and provide the lowest quality gameplay with their ignorance and constant complaining

Sorry but i dont do that..then close all shared packs and lets make lineage 2 like over 18 years to make your server..if there is people who gives already one pack frozen with 20-30 euro what.do you think will be happen..?servers without end..thats will be happened..

Another question I have is what do people still find in interlude that attracts them? The way I see it, high five and above is superior. Bar that, a question to Psyancy. What makes you come back after leaving for 2-3 months? And whoever else does that

You shut the fuck about Greeks. You are moderator on a greek forum here, whose admin is a Greek. Lineage 2 would never be what it is without the greek community player and developing side. 

Edited by Godrics

Lineage 2 would never be what it is without the greek community player and developing side.

What developing side? You want to say that l2jserver and l2jfree team (mainly) was/is full of greeks? O.o

If you are talking about frozen then ha, right. Russian pack with their own fixed fixes which require a fix.

Being a moderator doesnt mean that we cant have our own pov and we have to be kind for community and agree what you say, get real.

----

About what makes you back after long absence. Well, Im not a player for 2 years now, at least. The only thing that can make me get back is/are my friend(s) aka clan. Memories and such. But ye, I'm leaving after a short period of Time cuz they are not playing after 2-3 days cuz of random excuses.. Stated above.

Edited by SweeTs

What developing side? You want to say that l2jserver and l2jfree team (mainly) was/is full of greeks? O.o

If you are talking about frozen then ha, right. Russian pack with their own fixed fixes which require a fix.

Being a moderator doesnt mean that we cant have our own pov and we have to be kind for community and agree what you say, get real.

Greeks contribution to lineage is huge. I can remember very successful servers with thousands of people inside. Famous names such as bnb, l2gold were made by Greeks. This forum's creator is a Greek. L2 would never be what it was without the greek community get over it. If you think Brazilians, mexicans are better in developing or in community or even russians that play on official l2 off type servers have higher perspective than Greeks then you are fooled. 

Edited by Godrics

Im not, but you said it like greeks developed everything. Plus a gr server has nothing to do with developing. That was a private server, so they didn't share a single fix, I bet. They did it for themselves, so your argument is simply invalid. Thats my point :p