[Java Help Request] Pvp Ranking System

improved

Question

Hi,

I'm sorry if i took wrong section, but since the creator of this code/system is inactive i would like to ask everyone's help.

So what I'm talking about? - Masterio Rank PVP System 3.8.9 [iL - H5]. 

I know its old, so i have made it to fit my owns l2jfrozen latest rev's code. I know you might don't have idea what's that system and how many faults there might be, but i get only 1 problem, maybe you could help me out:

When i write ingame .pvpinfo (it should drop me a htm with targets pvp info table) i get GS error:

ERROR Client: [Character: Admin - Account: admin - IP: 127.0.0.1] - Failed reading: [C] 38 Say2 ; null
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.l2jfrozen.gameserver.masteriopack.rankpvpsystem.RankPvpSystemPvpStatus.preparePage(RankPvpSystemPvpStatus.java:146)
        at com.l2jfrozen.gameserver.masteriopack.rankpvpsystem.RankPvpSystemPvpStatus.sendPage(RankPvpSystemPvpStatus.java:40)
        at com.l2jfrozen.gameserver.masteriopack.rankpvpsystem.VoicedCommandHandlerPvpInfo.useVoicedCommand(VoicedCommandHandlerPvpInfo.java
:55)
        at com.l2jfrozen.gameserver.network.clientpackets.Say2.runImpl(Say2.java:507)
        at com.l2jfrozen.gameserver.network.clientpackets.L2GameClientPacket.run(L2GameClientPacket.java:77)
        at com.l2jfrozen.gameserver.network.L2GameClient.run(L2GameClient.java:1213)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

PreparePage: In that direction where the error is starting exists theese lines: (146 line starts at: tb:= "<tr><td width=......)

if(RankPvpSystemConfig.RANKS_ENABLED)
		{
			tb += "<tr><td width=135 height=22 align=left><font color=ae9977>Rank</font></td><td width=135 height=22 align=left><font color=ffff00>"+targetPvpStats.getRank().getName()+"</font></td></tr>";

tb += "<tr><td width=135 height=22 align=left><font color=ae9977>Rank Points</font></td><td width=135 height=22 align=left><font color=ffa000>"+RankPvpSystemUtil.preparePrice(targetPvpStats.getTotalRankPoints())+"</font></td></tr>";
		}	

SendPage: The second direction: (40 line starts: n.setHtml (pre.....)

NpcHtmlMessage n = new NpcHtmlMessage(0);

n.setHtml(preparePage(player, playerTarget));

player.sendPacket(n);

So, maybe you could tell what can be wrong with it? maybe i dont see something... Any clues? Maybe im searching for the solution not where i should to?

P.S. While compiling no errors, when applied this patch manually no missmatches.

5 answers to this question

Thank you for your answers.

Well Tessa, the script is not only 1 .java... It would be madness to upload all the data here, but you can find it here:

http://www.maxcheaters.com/topic/141971-rank-pvp-system-389-il-h5/ 

Tryskell - yeah i thought about it also since null pointer exception in mysql meaning is that something is pointing to nothing. But while compiling there was no errors, on those lines no error (X meaning) is shown - becouse targetPvpStats is pointing to something since i tried to edit it into something like targetPvpSummary - and i get errors immediatelly (no meaning). 

Maybe you know where, and how i could track targetPvpStats is going to? I mean where all of the l2j pack meanings comes from? 

Many packs are releasing newer and newer revisions - many meanings are getting changed into newer ones. Maybe im using the old one wich is outdated? So how to know into what that meaning was changed. Or as you said "Verify the rank for that particular targetPvpStats exists" - from what should i start to track it for verifying?

Edited by improved

Serioursly?!

I'v tried so many different things, recompilations, spent hours soluting this problem and kept getting different errors.

And all i had to do is to FIT to my newer revision by changing many of lines (like i did) and do not touch anything else :)...

You can lock/delete this topic - i'v did a mistake in config file - i'v enabled 2 different arguments for 1 job, they ignored each other = both turned off.

Sorry... did not believed i could act that foolish :D "noob" mistake.

Edited by improved