[L2J] L2Summit

lonsky

Hello fellow L2 players!

I would like to invite you to join our brand new server - L2 Summit! It is an Interlude server based on L2J Frozen files.

You could say: "Bah! Yet another Interlude server? Boooring! There are already lots of them! Go away, to your underground bunker and waste your time for another bullshit!"

Humh.. I would agree.. However, I don't have the bunker yet, and I think my wife won't let me move out into one. That's a pity. Back to the thought: you should reconsider joining us! Why? Here's why: we are really passionate about the server and the game, we are spending every free chunk of time improving it and making it able to fulfill your needs. We are open for your suggestions, feel free to also put your hate on the forum, we are hungry for hate! What else? You can expect active GMs ingame! Automatic events? Booring! With us you will experience real events, led by a human being, not by a few lines of code closed in a while loop!

Ah, you propably would like to hear about the server setup. Our goal is to make it easy to play and level.. but not too easy. We agreed that the leveling and gathering items' parts are some of the most important aspects of the game, so we set the rates to:

- XP rate: 25x
- SP rate: 30x
- Adena rate: 25x
- Drop rate: 10x
- Spoil rate: 15x

For more specific information, take a look at our site:
http://www.l2summit.eu/information

I want to ask you a question: do you like those ordinary GM Buffers and GM shops on servers? Ruining the Lineage 2 fantasy mood with the XXX Uber Pro GM Shop, all things in one place, one NPC? "We don't need the whole town, we can replace it with one NPC!". Damn, I hate it. That's why we introduced some diversity. We tried to put a soul into our NPCs, to write some sentences, to give them some character, not only "buff me, my slave". We also divided the jobs between a few NPCs, not a single one. So, back to the annoying GM Shops. Why the hell is there always a separate, often custom, NPC for GM Shop? Doesn't Giran have a Weapon Shop? Or grocery? Why do not extend the stocks of the available shops? We have tried to alter the already available shops and NPCs to introduce the modifications. Ok, there is, let's call it, "GM Shop", but there is no new NPC. We just used the existing NPCs in Giran.

And one last thing. The donations. Yes.. we need some money to keep the servers alive. Personally, I could put my money for it, but I'm afraid my wife would kill me. In confidence, I can tell you that I already put my money into the servers, but don't tell her, it will be our little secret! I just love this game, and want to take the next step, which is hosting a server. So, we will appreciate the donations and will reward the players. "Reward'? Oh damn, another corrupted server! Hold on.. hold on! Yes, we will reward the players, but take it easy, the rewards will just help the player save time. There will be no super enchanted weapons, or uber items giving the power to rule the world. For donations, you will be able get only things that you can normally achieve with a bit of time effort. Recall the sentence "You have either time or money, you can't have both".

I hope I've encouraged you, at least a little. Let the real fun begins!

www.l2summit.eu

Buffs

• Buffs duration: 20min
  • Songs and dances duration: 20min
  • Prophecy buffs duration: 5min

What's the point of 20min buffs ? Cat and pony time,  2 min? 

Also, the "extended" shops gonna sell up to S grade? A? B? 

Only 20min buffs because we'd like to make getting them from NPCs rather expensive. As for 20min songs/dances, we see it purely as a convenience, bladedancers and swordsinger will still be viable in mass pvp though. Summoner buffs are set to 5min. Extended shops offer items up to B grade. The information on our site has been updated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...