Riot Is Punishing All The Fake Referrals, Removing Any Content Earned From It.

Riot has just started to remove any kind of earning by the fake referrals. People on EUW have a lot of RP-Skin-Champions missing, from the latest bought to the old one. Here is the Riot response about that.

xxx (Riot Games Player Support) Dec xx xx:xx Hello Summoner, Due to suspicious activity involving the Refer-a-Friend program, we removed your account’s access to the program, and removed any content earned from it.

To clarify, we totaled the amount of RP/IP gained through the RAF program and removed content equivalent to that amount, starting from the most recent purchases and working backward.

This may have resulted in the loss of content different than what you purchased with the currency gained from RAF. We realize that you may have lost access to limited content or mystery gifts, but the Refer-a-Friend program is intended to reward Summoners for inviting and playing with their friends. Exploiting this program is unfair and hurts those who sincerely work to bring friends to the game.

Purchasing third-party referrals, using scripts or bots to level accounts, and mass-creating “smurf” accounts hurts more than just RAF participants. Even one bot ruins the game for nine other people every time it joins a game. This action has been taken in accordance with our Terms of Use, which you can read here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/legal/termsofusexxxxx Riot Player Support xx Riot Games

PS: If someone with fake referrals has gift to you something, you'll maybe see something missing.

PS2: This email from the support was not sent to me, i just copy-pasted.

Edited by Stacy Doll
  • Upvote 1

got the mail. i guess...bb 210 skins 56k rp :))))) im out

(max refs/acc was 150 anyway)

every1 will lose redeems...on that acc my last refs was 1 and half year before..

Edited by NinjaStep

People who sold referrals made a lot of money

People who bought referrals lost everything

Yeap I sold about 1 milion and a half level 10 accounts from 2010

they didnt sent me any mail but still

my thingies got removedz0r.

mucho sad

I did not received any email neighter , and all my things got removed from 349 skins I got lower to 204 , 148.000 IP to 400 , but the good thing that from 200 RP now I am 1780 , from 20 page of runes to 18 I think they removed some of the runes too and about champions they removed azir/kalista and rek'sai taking in consideration I ve made refferals on this account from 2011-2012 I bought and other things with it , so they just remove randomly.

A few years ago, I was saying don't buy refs. Referral sellers flamed me and laughed at me, buyers ignored me saying Im just a trol. But its yet another proof that Im aware of shit thats about to happen way before their time.