Vote where and features u like !!

pvp server interlude
mid rate server interlude
pvp server high five
mid rate server high five
pvp server gracia final
mid rate server gracia final

Edited by Cray-Z

gracia final is dead even if you open a l2off you wont have many players online because they are playing only interlude and hi5

Edited by Master Joda

gracia final is dead even if you open a l2off you wont have many players online because they are playing only interlude and hi5

thanks

Don't care about chronicle, as long as the client is made available.

Feacleturds: As long as someone doesn't go and say "hey we made an innovative breakthrough: we made +17 weapons with dynamics chance" bullshit feature. 

There has to be something to do on server.

I don't like NASCAR race to the top. So before you do anything, ask yourself if there is any reason to make players level up; we've played the game for half a decade. Im sure everyone knows by now what D, C and B grade is like. Nobody cares anymore. If it adds nothing to the game - remove it. Same to everything. 

If I see MP pots sold for 1 adena with 1000x rates I trash the server. Thats just poor design. If the cost of consumables is trivial then there is no point in making them consumable in the first place. There is no significant economy circulating around them so if you don't intend to make the sustainability of MP, HP potions and in general all consumable nontrivial - have the player spawn with them on creation and make them infinite in count.

Changing shit in config is not development. I enjoy playing on servers where it can be see that something was done that wasn't trivial. All this +10 or +16 bullshit - doesn't mean shit. You can't argue that it does either, not until you show the fkn calculations.

When has anyone ever justified the extra HP melee classes would get over ranged classes by demonstrating that that proportion would have been lost in the time it took to reach a ranged class due to the incoming DPS.

The answer is no one. Everyone just goes "This skill is used slightly too often in comparison to other skills so we will just nerf it by 30%" with no real understanding why that amount exactly.

People just throw numbers around.

People just throw random "features" around.

Bollocks. 

Edited by Epiquin

But then again, even after a time which is getting pretty close to a decade, people are still not being bored of the same features over and over again. People have just recently slowly started to move on from C6 to later chronicles and we can see a slow but sustained rise in the number of Hi5 servers. I completely agree with you about the people who are complaining about certain enchant numbers. There is one thing every player has to understand: You can make a +500 enchant server and still make it balanced.

This whole myth about "+10 max enchant or unbalance" is stupid and I'd love to have a chat with the person who came up with it in the first place. Also the "Hi5 = mages weak and unbalanced" and every single retarded excuse server makers and players make up is just driving me nuts.

You can nerf attribute values through buffs, you can reduce the M.def buff's power, or just play around with the base M.def values of jewels, correct the insanely luck based sudden damage spikes thanks to debuffs, critical chance and damage ratios and whatnot. Depending on where the issue lies. Don't know the math? Fine, do it by error and trial. Can't do it alone? Fine, call for help. But these bunch of excuses which are the reason for myths like these to be born in the first place are what completely spoiled the remaining player base and this is what brought us here.

I believe the main problem here is that people just can't let certain memories and the things they got used to, simply go. Players are still looking for servers that are similar to the one they have played previously, they still expect and even demand certain things to be the same as they were on previous servers they have played on, they still hold onto these little fairy tales, because that's what they have learned and have tied their entire L2 carriers to... and this is all because of what? Some lazy prick's excuses who couldn't care less to take a step further and do the extra job. Then another one with the same attitude followed, and another, and another... up to a point where it became common sense. You can call L2 players stupid for not actually stepping up and refusing to play trash servers, but then again, can you actually blame someone who simply does not know better? Out of these L2 players, the server owners emerge and the vicious cycle continous from where it began.

Edited by ranzor

+10 is just the threshold for the least headaches. You can do more and balance it around that, but why? I'm not expecting anyone to do something difficult for sakes of demonstrating that they can do something difficult. That's not the point of my rant. 

I'm just saying that if you do something you should justify it's existence within the global scheme of your server. Maybe you want to do +500 with the purpose of it being a grind - fine. Its great that you explain what purpose it has - it to be a grind. I might not agree but now I know that you have a vision of how it will work out and it may sound somewhat convincing.

Which is why I am saying that low/mid/PvP [chronicle] is a poor indication of anything. Mid and Lows are not exempt from PvP. And PvP-rates do not guarantee PvP. Quite frankly the opposite - a recent trend is to sit inside towns and wait for oly or events. Which is like the bottom line of PvP quality in this game considering that we used to fight over fkn mob spawns and drops.

Hence my concern is - what will you do to address the growing problems? If its a PvP server, how will you ensure that people don't stay inside towns? How will you encourage open world PvP without the hand holding that events provide? How will you propose players generate conflict out of principles and not because the OLY manager said "Ok I matched you 2 guys - one is blue and the other one is red, you hate each other so you should fight each other". 

You are asking the wrong questions. At least at this time. As you said you can adapt any system to virtually any chronicle.  Chronicle and rates is like the last thing I look at when I join. 

My only advice is when and if you make your server and post the advert - keep the advert short. Don't copy paste the fucking config file into the OP like all those stupid kids lol, where they show if they activated the fkn kratei cube or whatnot. Like those god forgotten things that are broken. It just diverts the focus and confuses people and then I have to scroll 6 pages on a 15 inch screen to see the full post.

i'm just expecting someone to make an intelligent server for gods sake. If it's a PvP server and I have to start in Elven village and lvl up on gremlins - its a shit server. If it's a mid-rate and when I open a teleporter it gives my 1000 locations for where I could go - its a shit server. This is an MMO and if I have 1000 locations to go on a 100 player server that means outside of town I see no one. You wouldn't believe how often I log on a server and lvl0-75 is single player hack and slash campaign. 

Poor design = bad server. There is no other way to look at it.

Edited by Epiquin

I would play on a mid rate interlude server. 

xp rates:25-100x

Ideal features:

No custom items, no custom farm zones.  

Gm shop till B or A grade. S only craftable. Mana pots for sure.

22+4 or 20+4 buff slots. 

Sub/nobl with full Q. Maybe a little help with mss via voting for the server. 

Donations without S weaps/armors.

Quest items drops x5-10 on Qs like Zero hour

Quest reward x2-3

Raid bosses faster respawn w/ higher chance for full drop

Epic Bosses retail like.