Advanced Texture Management

tantoma

Hello, i have strange idea and i need help. So my problem is:

I have HF5 client and armor set for it. In game i want equip Linen Shirt(nograde item) and receive visual effect of full armor set. Not bonuses, not stats - just textures. I try different ways combining m(x) & t(x) fields in armorgrp.dat but no result =( Show me right direction plz.

P.S. Sorry for my eng.

UPD: i Forgot -  this need only for m_DarkElf

Edited by tantoma

You can achieve it without client modification by implementing part of so called dressme system. While having Linen Shirt equiped, you could just send visual packets of other armor.

Looks like "dressme system" is server side modification. I want to use these features on freeshard PTS server and i can't modificate server files)

go find the entry for formal wear in armorgrp. change meshes and textures

yep, i make this and assign to VLB. When i equip Vorpal Leather Bresplate - i have textures of full set, but when i paste same code to Linen shirt line it has no effect. Looks like "underwear" slot not viewing textures. Any ideas how fix it?

So the best way, would be to find the place in the core where Linen Shirt is set as the No-Armor-Worn. You could also make modification in the core that would do the same thing as .dressme is doing - change packet with chosen armor id(catch the packet and replace the value).

I am sorry but i can't really help in completing any of those ways because i don't know much about creating such modifications.

So the best way, would be to find the place in the core where Linen Shirt is set as the No-Armor-Worn. You could also make modification in the core that would do the same thing as .dressme is doing - change packet with chosen armor id(catch the packet and replace the value).

I am sorry but i can't really help in completing any of those ways because i don't know much about creating such modifications.

It's nice idea, but i also don't know much =)

On start i have 4 ways:

1. Simple retexture items(bad way cuz other players also dressed in my textures

2. retexture some rare ingame item (i chose this way, but stuck)

3. Learn about "Try on" system in lineage shops(when you get texture for 10 seconds) but can't find info.

4. Trying use html code in clients help menu to summon textures (what i say? i don't understand)

and i have #5 way - use l2phx  >:(

• 3 weeks later...

calmd down you guys

i tink the client suports up to 6 lines of codes, i mean 6 meshes and the 6 textures in one id, you just need to add them

this it was just a test i made so i can't remember if its realy 6 lines but

first you take the linecodes of armor part like meshes and texture

take an armor that uses full slots, duno of formal weare is a good idea

basicaly take a full body armor and edit the lines

a crap this is hard ill make a tutorial only if you guys require

i know i managed to add some extra lines so i had in one pice of armor the uper lower gloves boots, i tink you can add shoulders too if its a full uperlower mesh

i can't remember well

but ill retest it if you want and tell you guys !