L2 Off Dev

Marlin

Question

Hello im looking for a L2 OFF dev that could help me setup an l2 off server on my machine. I am a noob at L2 Off and just want to get a basic server up and running in order to learn about it. Please no flame or troll post if your interested in helping me get a server setup please message me on here or add me on skype "marlinmcclelland"  Thanks guys!

8 answers to this question

I would suggest you find\buy the pack of choice - and start doing it yourself.

Please do not but ANYTHING from anyone pm'ing you going "YO BRAH I GOT GREAT INTERLUDE HIGH FIVE L2OFF BRAH BUY FROM ME".

There are 3 leaks of NCSoft files - c1,c4,GF and any other chronicle is the work of certain developers\projects that can be counted on 1 hand.

Meaning there isn't some little random developer that's developed a "great pack" - there's 3 of us groups left and buying from others generally leads to crap.

So again - use your brain if people contact you.

Rough steps are "fairly" simple to just get it running.

1. Install MSSQL.

2. Unzip pack into a folder.

3. Run SQL scripts provided - including the one creating a first account and adding your server to lin2db.dbo.server table.

4. Configure ODBC (FileDNS) (for c4 remember 64bit vs 32bit).

5. AuthD\HauthD -> CacheD -> L2Server > L2Npc. Done.

And if you fail at certain steps, post here and people will help you.

Edited by mcbigmac

I know its not that hard but my biggest problem i guess is finding the right MSSQL and server files :( im looking for c4 server files. If anyone wanted to take the time and link me to correct programs for the server i'd really appreciate it. I have tried a couple SQL programs but none of them are like what i've seen in the guides

It doesnt scare me i finally installed the correct program and was following that video except my files that i had needed a serial code which i do not have :( i believe i had some old C4 files but i dont think that will work. Anyone have files that i wont need a serial code for?

Currently have C4 Files and SQL program most steps are completed . Looking for someone to guide via teamviewer  Pm me on here or add me on skype "marlinmcclelland"  Thanks