L2Jhellas Gameserver

PwnnZ

Question

Hello guys,

When I'm starting the startGameServer.bat, I'm getting this error:

Cache[HTML]: Running lazy cache
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.l2jhellas.gameserver.cache.CrestCache.convertOldPedgeFiles<CrestCache.java:153>
at com.l2jhellas.gameserver.cache.CrestCache.<init><CrestCache.java:65>
at com.l2jhellas.gameserver.cache.CrestCache.getInstance<CrestCache.java:57>
at com.l2jhellas.gameserver.GameServer.<init><GameServer.java:169>
at com.l2jhellas.gameserver.GameServer.main<Gameserver.java:573>

Game Server terminated abnormally

Game Server terminated

Restart<r> or Quit<q> 

Note: I'm using their latest revision (427).

Note 2: I just changed on Database Installer.bat the MySQLServer 5.5 to 5.6, changed gspass="my SQL PW" (installed on Database >> l2jhellas).

Note 3: Also, changed on NetWork (login and game config) the SQL Password, nothing else.

Edited by PwnnZ

7 answers to this question

I'm not pro developer, i'm learning java ;p But for me you have direct where you have problem in core and line in file so open and check what is wrong :)

I did every check. Checking it since 3 days. I did this way on l2jfrozen pack, l2joff etc., and there weren't any problems. I did on this l2j pack (hellas) and I got this problem. I think it's for Lazy Cache. If I set it to False the Lazy Cache from config folder, it stills getting this ERROR.

at com.l2jhellas.gameserver.cache.CrestCache.convertOldPedgeFiles<CrestCache.java:153>

A NullPointerException (shortcuted NPE) means the program expected a valid object but ended on a null object (not even empty, it is simply missing but should exist ; either it has been deleted in the meantime, or a lack of synchronization).

The second line shows where to seek : convertOldPedgeFiles is the method where the code produced the error. The particular line where it fails is the line 153 on CrestCache.

Report directly on project forums, with the complete method and the line 153 outlined in order to get some chances for a support. They will probably add a != null solution.

Additionally, you can check how CrestCache is built on current L2J / other packs and try to fix by yourself. The error can comes from many places.

Edit : did you correctly setted the datapack by any hazard ?

Edited by Tryskell

A NullPointerException (shortcuted NPE) means the program expected a valid object but ended on a null object (not even empty, it is simply missing but should exist ; either it has been deleted in the meantime, or a lack of synchronization).

The second line shows where to seek : convertOldPedgeFiles is the method where the code produced the error. The particular line where it fails is the line 153 on CrestCache.

Report directly on project forums, with the complete method and the line 153 outlined in order to get some chances for a support. They will probably add a != null solution.

Additionally, you can check how CrestCache is built on current L2J / other packs and try to fix by yourself. The error can comes from many places.

Edit : did you correctly setted the datapack by any hazard ?

Okay, thanks.

Answering on Edit: Actually, I didn't touch anything on Java codes, just installed subversion (the latest, because it requires it), and compiled it. After that, changed something on the .bat files and on config files. Nothing else. The files are not in one, they are on different locations / folders. I setted it CORRECTLY.

Edit: I'll try to fix it by myself. If I can't, I'll go in no time to their forums to contact them about this kind of error. THANKS AGAIN!

#Request for lock. :D

Edited by PwnnZ

Okay, thanks.

Answering on Edit: Actually, I didn't touch anything on Java codes, just installed subversion (the latest, because it requires it), and compiled it. After that, changed something on the .bat files and on config files. Nothing else. The files are not in one, they are on different locations / folders. I setted it CORRECTLY.

Edit: I'll try to fix it by myself. If I can't, I'll go in no time to their forums to contact them about this kind of error. THANKS AGAIN!

#Request for lock. :D

ok, locked.

If you need anything else related to that topic just gimme a PM.