Low Fps With Good Pc?

So u are talking i have a slow HD?                                                                                          (how u can see i don't hava good english) Disco Rígido 1TB, SATA (5400 RPM)

its not fast enough? 

and why i cant feel my cooler expelling air ;3? i'm already forced it in CCC.

5400 RPM, basically the worst speed.

i already did  test in java/off serve... going to test in cleaver right now..i guess are a good serve to test.

When i open l2 usualy go to 50% ram.. and isnt a problem with temps ^^

So i have a good HDD for l2?

Server's emulator has nothing to do with it. You must make several tests on a server that exceeds population over 600, especially sieges. I'm playing Lineage II without a freaking problem, but when it's about sieges and there are more than 200 in my range, my HDD is crying.

Some of you didn't notice that, but Phobiaa has a good point of view, it's freaking old and not very well designed when it comes to these issues. You'll never play it perfectly with their recommended system requirements.

I've made some tests on Interlude, I've increased client's cache and a few more edits on nwindow.dll, and you can see the improvements; the client is loaded 2x faster, the way it's running, teleporting faster and less lag in pvp.

L2 inerlude chronicle is a heavy game? for real

i'm got TERA right now exclusive for test ...in one city where had like 40 60 ppl i got 29 fps playing with all fuking graphics on full... 

so tera is really a heavy game

Yeah TERA it's very heavy you need to use the lowest graphics options you can have.

Ohh do not compare TERA and Lineage it's not the same.

Either you can use low graphics or dunno maybe ED is right.

Hey guys. Although i agree with some of the opinions stated above i disagree with others.

First of all i'll start up with my specs:

CPU: AMD FX-4100 3,6 ghz OC'd to 4,2 GHZ , staying at decent temp.

GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 6670

Memory: 12 GB DDR3 1600 mhz

HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM

SSD: 120 GB Kingston HyperX 3k 2,5 SATA3

Both Windows and Lineage 2 are installed on my SSD , and i still have extremely low FPS during mass pvp's. Meaning i go under 10 fps even 3-4-5 fps sometimes. In very crowded giran full of shops and players i have around 10 fps, and when i'm alone, over 40-50, even ~80. Question is why? Is it my CPU or my GPU or both? I am planning to buy a new graphics card this week in order for lineage 2 to run better. Am i doing a mistake? Should i buy a CPU instead? As far as i see, the graphic card i have right now is bottlenecking my CPU.

Hey guys. Although i agree with some of the opinions stated above i disagree with others.

First of all i'll start up with my specs:

CPU: AMD FX-4100 3,6 ghz OC'd to 4,2 GHZ , staying at decent temp.

GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 6670

Memory: 12 GB DDR3 1600 mhz

HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM

SSD: 120 GB Kingston HyperX 3k 2,5 SATA3

Both Windows and Lineage 2 are installed on my SSD , and i still have extremely low FPS during mass pvp's. Meaning i go under 10 fps even 3-4-5 fps sometimes. In very crowded giran full of shops and players i have around 10 fps, and when i'm alone, over 40-50, even ~80. Question is why? Is it my CPU or my GPU or both? I am planning to buy a new graphics card this week in order for lineage 2 to run better. Am i doing a mistake? Should i buy a CPU instead? As far as i see, the graphic card i have right now is bottlenecking my CPU.

You may be happy with that CPU frequency, but the rest of the statistics are not so good.

As about your GPU, I'd say that it's medium(?) for your CPU and AMD sucks hard when it's big resolutions. Have you installed Catalyst Control Center?

Edited by Tяαnce

Ofcourse. Also , all the details are forced to minimum on Lineage 2 from CCC. Still - bad performance in Lineage 2 on Sieges/Events and when i say bad i mean really shitty , ~5 fps .

Also, my resolution is small, playing only at 720p as my display monitor is small.

I am planning to get a R9 270X from MSI. Should i go for it or should i get a CPU( was thinking about an fx-8350 ) ? I know that either way my GPU will be bottlenecking the CPU or vice versa but im planning to upgrade the other one later too, as i don't have enough money to upgrade both at the same time.

Ofcourse. Also , all the details are forced to minimum on Lineage 2 from CCC. Still - bad performance in Lineage 2 on Sieges/Events and when i say bad i mean really shitty , ~5 fps .

Also, my resolution is small, playing only at 720p as my display monitor is small.

I am planning to get a R9 270X from MSI. Should i go for it or should i get a CPU( was thinking about an fx-8350 ) ? I know that either way my GPU will be bottlenecking the CPU or vice versa but im planning to upgrade the other one later too, as i don't have enough money to upgrade both at the same time.

Haha, R9 270X is more than powerful, even way too powerful for your current CPU, but it's a good choice indeed. No matter what choice you're gonna make to buy first, the other component goes down, but still, you better take a new GPU, in my opinion.

Edited by Tяαnce

Thanks. That's what i'll do. I know it's too powerful for my current CPU but i don't want to buy a shittier/cheaper one even if it's better than my curent one as it would be a waste of money. I'll uprgade my CPU later too anyway.

First of all i wanna start with you zerovelo.As fast as im concerned your CPU seems to be really fine compared to other old-ones.About the GPU can't tell because i dont know much.Regarding what you said (including the term "Bottleneck") here's a video that i'd like you to see on your own. -- > 

Bottleneck is a really strong word and is used by people that oftenly dont know anything about PCs(Im not referring to you).Anyways...

@OnTopic:..Well yeah you definitely got a really great pc that could easily run LoL(Standard Moba game) on full graphics/anti-aliasing/vsync at about 200-300 FPS i assume..I'll tell once again that the main reason you're LAGGING during mass pvps/sieges and so on is the game itself..Its neither your fault nor your computer's..It's Interlude.It's a really old chronicle that people have been working on it for ages but each pack has different files(OFF/Java),different configurations and in general different edited files..If you play on a java x5000 server that has some Frozen files you'll be probably be under 10 FPS on a siege.But if you play on a russian JAVA server you'll be having 20++ FPS.That is because Russian servers have good files modified by good moderators..If you've played Interlude official you would have seen on your own that the lags are WAY LESS since these people were the owners of the files therefore nothing was changed/modified in terms of gameplay  and stuff.Everything was created/applied from them in the chronicle..If you're not convinced from what i am saying then you should test GoD OFFICIAL on your own to see the difference.Even though GoD is a really heavier chronicle in terms of requirements and graphics you'll be able to run it more smoothly just because it's new and the files are made by NCsoft itself.Anyways.That was from me,hopefully you understand that its not about your computer and you dont have to make another purchase if you dont want to.

@Off-Topic:There is a topic i've recently read that talks about how L2 can run from your RAM..Yes your RAM.Im not sure how much RAM you should have and etc.(I think 16 GBs is the minimum) but be sure that the FPS will be sooo much better since RAM has really high speeds comparing to SSDs and HDDs.Hope i've helped you with my big o' wall text,let me know if you need further assistance,have a nice day!

i was talking about tera cause some ppl told it is a la top so cant hope so much, so i was playing tera with full graphics with 40 -50  when i not in mass pvp/pve when im in mass pvp/pve i got like 29 -40 fps ... i guess it is pretty good for one laptop... 

when i are in mass pvp with like 15 pt arounds i get 10-15 FPS

i guess this is software issue CCC i already tried everything(so my computer issue) i was with one friend in mass pvp when we had 30 FPS (recording) i was with 13-18trying to paly ... He told to me he have a video card with 1 gb Dual core 2.2 and 2 gb ram... (cant get more info cause he is pretty noob in computers) 

Srry About englihs ;3

First of all i wanna start with you zerovelo.As fast as im concerned your CPU seems to be really fine compared to other old-ones.About the GPU can't tell because i dont know much.Regarding what you said (including the term "Bottleneck") here's a video that i'd like you to see on your own. -- > 

Bottleneck is a really strong word and is used by people that oftenly dont know anything about PCs(Im not referring to you).Anyways...

@Off-Topic:There is a topic i've recently read that talks about how L2 can run from your RAM..Yes your RAM.Im not sure how much RAM you should have and etc.(I think 16 GBs is the minimum) but be sure that the FPS will be sooo much better since RAM has really high speeds comparing to SSDs and HDDs.Hope i've helped you with my big o' wall text,let me know if you need further assistance,have a nice day!

Thanks for the elaborated answer. I am currently playing on a mid-rate High Five server with Russian files(probably not the best, i agree that the cause of the low fps is indeed also caused by the files, then the game itself, and then my PC). My concern is that other people seem to have much higher fps than i do, even using fraps, with ofcourse better computer specs which leads to the fact that even though Lineage 2 is really badly optimized for newer specs/OS's, the hardware CAN improve your experience. My stated question was if i either needed a better CPU or a better GPU to notice any improvement( i don't need 60 fps in mass pvp's, but 4-5 fps is unbareable and totally needs improvement). I would be more than satisfied to have ~20 FPS during crowded events.