Alliance Lineup Announced, Evil Geniuses North American Lineup Confirmed (10/12)

The new team lineups for Alliance, formerly known as Evil Geniuses, and Evil Geniuses North America, formerly known as Velocity, has been confirmed.

Since the release of the Velocity Esports entire League of Legends roster on November 12, there has been much speculation surrounding the team's lineup heading into the Spring Promotion to qualify into the 2014 NA LCS. Shortly after being released, former Velocity Esports member Joseph 'Vileroze' Bourassa tweeted about the possibility of Velocity selling their League Championship Series (LCS) spot.

Today Evil Geniuses and Alliance have have announced their plans for play in both the North American and European branches LCS. A splash page on EG.NA's website confirms the starting trio of Stephen 'Snoopeh' Ellis, Peter 'Yellowpete' Wüppen, and Mitch 'Krepo' Voorspoels. onGamers can confirm that rumored teammates to join - Tyson 'Innox' Kapler, former Toplaner for Napkins in Disguise, and Eugene 'Pobelter' Park, Former midlaner for Curse - will indeed be the last two players on the roster announced tomorrow.

With Ellis, Wüppen, and Voorspoels in North America, the Evil Geniuses European LCS spot has been acquired by Alliance. The new roster consists of Henrik 'Froggen' Hansen, Mike 'Wickd' Petersen, Erik 'Tabzz' van Helvert from Lemondogs, Ilyas 'Shook' Hartsema - Former Jungler for Copenhagen Wolves, and Martin 'Kazmitch' Hamalčík.

"I am honored to join Alliance with Shook, Tabzz, and Wickd," said Hansen, mid laner for Alliance's League of Legends division. "Alliance is a great organization with a very successful history, especially in Dota 2. We will look to be a top team in to EU LCS, and ultimately our goal is to qualify for the Season 4 World Championships. The first mission, though, is to win against Dignitas in the Battle of the Atlantic this weekend. I am looking forward to playing with my new teammates as we try out Kazmitch and show the world what we can do."

http://www.ongamers.com/articles/alliance-lineup-announced-evil-geniuses-north-american-lineup-confirmed/1100-327/