New Hi5 Server - Your Opinions Please.

Action

Hello,

Im working on a Hi5 high rate server "100x", based on l2jserver pack. I plan to go live at the end of the month, because im still working on customs and sync-ing from l2jserver into acis.

I need expert players/admins opinions.

What should we have and what we shouldn't have?

Your thoughts on classes balance?

For example, no custom armors/weapons...etc

All suggestions and advice are appreciated.

Thank You.

Edited by Action

Hello,

Im working on an interlude high rate server "100x", based on acis pack. I plan to go live at the end of the month, because im still working on customs and sync-ing from l2jserver into acis.

I need expert players/admins opinions.

What should we have and what we shouldn't have?

All suggestions and advice are appreciated.

Thank You.

Q: What should we have and what we shouldn't have?

A: You should: keep adena economy alive. This means: 1) add GM shop with A/S stuff (+ regular enchant scrolls) to shop for adena and 2) set low adena rate, such as 2x or so. No-B grade equip should be free or for very low price. WATCH OUT THOUGH, you need to get your anti-adenahack stuff done, because running adenahack on Interlude is so easy even white kid can do that. Anti-adenahack protection must be absolutely flawless. +EXTRA: Make loads of event everyday. For event coins, add for example: Soul Crystals 11-13 (OK price), Random-S-grade-equip-box, BEAA/BEAS/BEWA/BEWS (whoa price) and RB jewels (For price nobody will ever achieve, but its something to chase for). Also, make event coints tradable to help the economy. And that's where you'll need the anti-dualbox protection...

You shouldn't: Enable MP potions in PvP. For farm/raiding it's okay, let them have 500 MP potions with 1 sec reuse, but once they flag - MP potions disabled. Because what's more annoying than immortal bishop spamming F1 for GBH and F2 for mana potions? Seriously, that's all they need. Because f*ck Major Heal, not fast enough, who cares about saving mana, I have le infinitzi manapoul.

Well that's a huge question, if I wanted to be brief, it would take me approximately 1 hour to explain. But there's one main vital part in Interlude PvPs - game-deciding debuffs. To make the PvPs a bit more interesting, INCREASE land rate of skills such as Silence, Paralyze, Fear and such and drastically DECREASE their duration - for example Silence should land in about 80% cases on regular char without special resists, but it should last no longer than 5 seconds. That's it, there're many really HUGE subjects (for example implementation of buffers to regular PvPs), but that's all I can tell you for now :P

Mother of goodness NO! No freakin' custom textures and no freakin' custom enchant glows. Every change like this looks extremelly amateurish. Furthest one can go is changing stats of current armors (such as increasing stats for B armors, which can be quite cool actually if done well), but for love of heavens no "epic" armors. NEVER!

That's all for now, I don't really have much time for any long consultations here, if you're interested about more ideas just PM me (of course it all depends on your developer skills).

Either way, good luck with your project!

-H

Edited by Herlitz

Thank you for your time and advice.

I have decided to go with High Five 100x, with no custom armors or weapons or skills or even mobs! Normal lineage 2 game with NPCBuffer/GMShop.

The GMShop will not have enchants or lifestones or element stones or boss jewels or giant books, these will need to be farmed from normal mobs & raids. Including epic raids.

Im worried abit about the balance so im planning to limit the elemental system to level 4, max +10 weapons/armors, max 20+ skill enchanting, 28/12 buffs/dances/songs.

Your thoughts?

I have decided to go with High Five 100x, with no custom armors or weapons or skills or even mobs! Normal lineage 2 game with NPCBuffer/GMShop.

The GMShop will not have enchants or lifestones or element stones or boss jewels or giant books, these will need to be farmed from normal mobs & raids. Including epic raids.

Im worried abit about the balance so im planning to limit the elemental system to level 4, max +10 weapons/armors, max 20+ skill enchanting, 28/12 buffs/dances/songs.

Your thoughts?

There are some skills that need to be nerfed cause of overbuff.For example soulhound if his steal divinity is like retail with full buffs its really easy 1 party full of soulhounds to cause huge problems.So need to be nurfed to time cooldown or how many buffs takes or if the buffs will return to the target after some seconds.Also about max+20 skills is risky a bit.For example paladin uses his sacrifice to heal him self or someone else but only when is overenchanted.plus 20 sacri is not so usefull (heals but too low doesnt worth to use it).So maybe skills like those will cause serius problems about some classes that ppl will avoid to play.i hope that you will invest to a very strong ddos defence as well cause if your server will be good means that you will have ppl.And ppl brings ddos attacks ad you will lose all your work,time,money.So sad but thats the true.

Your thoughts?

These are just basics. If you really want to balance the PvP, you need to start thinking of your server as PvP server, not official 1x with no GM shops, no NPC buffer and no further assistance at all. That's something that 1 in 100 developers realize, and 1 in 1000 to do something about it.

Either way, good luck.

I understand there are skills that will be overpowered, such as steal divinity and cancel. I already have it restore buffs after 5-10 seconds, and its disabled in olympiad.

What other skills I should worry about?

If we can list all skills that cause inbalance, we can work on it away from players, because players are most of time interested in helping their loved class, not balance!

I understand there are skills that will be overpowered, such as steal divinity and cancel. I already have it restore buffs after 5-10 seconds, and its disabled in olympiad.

What other skills I should worry about?

If we can list all skills that cause inbalance, we can work on it away from players, because players are most of time interested in helping their loved class, not balance!

The skills in retail isnt so overpower like in mid rates and the reason most time is the overbuff.In retail no one make walks all the day full dance//songs summoner buffs,overenchanted skins,cc and all of this kind of buffs.And no one have 1 bot judi with overenchant skills to farm bosses or to rock even more in pvp for some seconds.So when all this went to the L2 everyone who wants to make a server have to check what is overpower for his opinion.i will give you 1 small example that in mid rates can be done easy.Paladin with sacrifice+30 power,antharas,zaken (healing effects),some clan skills (healing effects),augment passive active healing empower (healing effects) buff prayer (healing effect),talisman (dont remember the name healling effect),weapon oe (heals more) and some shits i forgot for sure...and vouala 1 paladin can use sacri and heal for 4k or 5k hp.if you count his heal with the proper buffs as well +wit he heals in 10 seconds more hp than a bishop without waste mp.The same and even worst is for elf tank cubic.So as you understand is not matter of skill but matter of "abusing" a skill with all this cause at retail to do all this for 1 skill you need a loooot of time and a looooot of money.Btw i play paladin a lot.