My Server Rules / Help With Ideas [+Wall!]

Hi,

This got quite big, sorry.

If anyone would mind sharing/discussing with me some ideas for my server, some general rules so I don't screw it up making the game too easy in the long run, but also modify some concepts that don't apply to me. I want to make it balanced, feeling "correct" to me. so its more of a moral input on how to balance my server, set the rules.

For starters, I run my server (gf) for me only, and play the game alone with a party consisting of my tank and 8 bots. My plan is to play for years and years to come, so the server is x1, no vitality, and only modifyng stuff that is really annoying.

A) Spirit Ore/Summon Crystals?

I thought about modifying the scripts to remove the need of using such items OR, but I see that such items are a necessary money-sink for a long running server, or in 2-3 years I will have all the adena in the world. However, their weight is pretty annoying. I had years of having to restock characters in retail and I don't find that fun at all.

Should I remove the items weight, so that I can stock a lot at once (and will suffer atm as I'm poor on my 60s and poor, but this is l2!), or modify the skills to use adena directly and no more restocking?

B ) SoulShots?

Make an NPC that sells all shots (I'm leveling a dwarf with me, so it wouldn't be cheating) or craft everything? Any ideas as how to distribute the shots to the characters that I want to - not having to trade 1 by 1?

I wonder if one could make adena be used instead of soulshots too lol - if yes, I doubt it could be disabled/enabled on the char tho;

C) Acquing Raid Boss Jewelry?

Now this is a subject that I really don't know how to proceed. Some events give you boss jewelry at a horrible rate, but well, I will play for years to come, so I could acquire AQ/Zaken that way. Now, other RB jewelry can't be acquired this way.

Should I lower the RB stats to try and fight them in some years? Edit Zakens/AQ/Baium/Orfen levels to match the end game? Make custom event drops on the scripts? Try to somehow find the korean events and set their drops to my events?

I'd love any ideas on this one and how could I balance the npcs to be realistically killable but not retardedly easy as they drop quite a shitload of items.

D) Gear and Songs/Dances

These I plan on keeping as retail. Having to farm every recipe, material, craft. Same for the s/d on 2 minutes - I'm running scripts on l2walker so its the same as retail mana management.

E) HellBound/Gracia - Elemental Stones

I have no idea if these are working correctly in the MXC extender (if it had any bugs, and if so, if they were fixed). If they are fixed, do you think that teleporting to places in HB/Setting the stage to 13 at once would be ok? Maybe set the stage levels way lower and modify the script as to not lose any levels? Maybe having to play on each stage of HB for a month not having to do any of the crazy grindy "missions"?

About elements, make every stone tradeable (fire-water-dark...), or whatever drops stays with me till I have enough of the element that I want?

F) Events

I'm running a modified npcdata done by me (will share when finished, not that I think anyone cares), as for my needs the eventdata files doesn't work well (items drop in sequence and etc). On my data, I have one npcdata for each event that I have the details/played on retail, and set drop rates as close as possible to what I remember (pretty good as I ran bots 24/7).

Do you think that modifying our events, like the medal event, to add other items would be "cheating"? Making christmas_presents drop from mobs instead of santa deliverying the items (not sure if it works on the server) would be ok? Modifying whats inside the presents? If yes, what stuff could I add for example?

G) Single Player

When running my solo char, an archer, do you think it'd be ok to edit a pet (like a kookabura), to use the same buffs a prophet has at the same level? Whats the limit - every buff? Add s/d effects too? Prophecy?

H) Last - Castle/Fort Siege/Clan Levels/Skills/Points

Any ideas as how to make castle sieges any fun at all? Once I get a castle, I won't lose it. Edit on the tables every 2 weeks to lose castles? But what about the rep points?

Clan levels, I see no point in farming it, so I could make my clan level 13 at once. Levels 9-10 have also retardedly annoying fabrics and all. Farm the needed clan rep for skills only? For the levels and no fabrics? 

How to obtain clan points? Add myself a fixed value every month? Get clan points only after I'm a hero (9k every month)? Modify some aspect of the game?

If anyone has the patience to give me any input on these or has any other ideas, please tell me =p

I want something balanced, fun, but not easy at all. For example, my tank has gate chant on a 1second cooldown, as I don't find teleporting chars 1 by 1 any fun or challenging at all and I didnt' do 2nd class change quests as I had done about 100 before lol.

Thank you anyway, not sure if anyone will bother  reading all this =p

Edited by ericvini

Your like the weirdest l2 player - ever.

I have to agree.

To think that when I used to farm, I hated it because it was all only to fund my main.

Now I want to farm for "fun" - pretty fucked up, but I love this game's world.

I think you can do anything you want.

Your essentially trying to conform a game designed for X to your Y scenario.

There's no cheating, no unfair - there's pretty much only you and your design ideas.

Everything you do - will only conform to your oppinion.

I'd remember however that in order to experience the awesome of anything - there needs to be the shit as well to know what's awesome and what's shit.

Careful - changing way too much to your singleplayer world might eventually kill the experience in itself.

Edited by mcbigmac

I bet my left nut that you won't last a month without using //summon; either dont change anything or use it.

Or you can join my server, you can farm there for years...it is retail like since I allow bots, lol.