Connect To Another Computers Db Via .php

Nitzamc

Question

i dont know if this is the correct section if it isnt sorry,i posted here because i saw some php guides  in this section... anyways

i have a database in a dedicated server and i want to connect to the dedicated server's database from the web servers computer 

i know how to script a db connection(local) but i dont know how to connect the db of another computer can u please help me? 

9 answers to this question

If you know to create a db scrip then, you have to be sure your computer with database have port 3306 allowed in firewall for outside connection then in your  db conection script you have to enter ip of computer user / pass...

so i  tried to connect  and it was giving me instantly a error that cant connect to the mysql server then i opened the port  and it is trying to connect and after a minute error message tells that cant connect

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to MySQL server on '78.87.60.73' (4) in /home/l2gold/public_html/test.php on line 7
Failed to connect

this is the php code 

<?php
// Create connection
$con=mysqli_connect("78.87.60.73","root","","l2jesios");

if(!$con)
{
echo "Failed to connect";
}
else
{
echo "Connected";
}
?>

i disabled FireWall and now it gives this msg

Warning: mysql_connect(): Host 'ns5001871.ip-192-99-16.net' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server in /home/l2/public_html/test.php on line 7
Failed to connect

i opened the port 3306 on 192.168.1.9

Edited by Nitzamc

You need to give privilieges to your host, then it will be able to connect.

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO mysql@'ns5001871.ip-192-99-16.net';

Execute this query and then try connecting using your same host. 

gived privileges and now it gives another message 

Warning: mysqli_connect(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'web@192.99.16.76'@'ns5001871.ip-192-99-16.net' (using password: YES) in /home/l2/public_html/test.php on line 7
Failed to connect to MySQL: Access denied for user 'web@192.99.16.76'@'ns5001871.ip-192-99-16.net' (using password: YES)

Edited by Nitzamc

gived privileges and now it gives another message 

Warning: mysqli_connect(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'web@192.99.16.76'@'ns5001871.ip-192-99-16.net' (using password: YES) in /home/l2gold/public_html/test.php on line 7
Failed to connect to MySQL: Access denied for user 'web@192.99.16.76'@'ns5001871.ip-192-99-16.net' (using password: YES)

Thats mean you have added wrong password

i WILL MAKE A TUTORIAL FOR THIS & no one will get error! i understand everything because i was trying to make a db connection from another server like 4 hours and finally i did!!!!!!

i had wrong username xD

i WILL MAKE A TUTORIAL FOR THIS & no one will get error! i understand everything because i was trying to make a db connection from another server like 4 hours and finally i did!!!!!!

i had wrong username xD

I guess it can be locked then.