Questions About An L2 Server!

xXObanXx

Question

Hello Maxcheaters..!

I want to explain me some (maybe) "stupid" things about an l2 server that i'm searching for but i can't find something..!

so let's start:

1. What is Telnet on Server Configs, what exactly is it and what is it doing on server? is better to Turn it on or off?

2. I found on L2j's SVN on trunk some repositories:

a. JavaEngine

b. JythonEngine

c. MMOCore

d. Netcon

What exactly are these? their .jar files is and on Server's Project!

want more these .jar files have? is better than normal .jars from server pack? and if yes what are helping for?

Is it better to use for my server those "custom" .jars or not? and if yes, why?!

3. (the last question) what is gameguard? what exactly is it? what helping for on a server? is better to use gameguard for my server or not? and if yes, why?!

Thank you very much everyone that will read this post and answer on my questions!

I will appreciate it! :)

5 answers to this question

1) Telnet is a way to communicate with your server using command line (without game client). The main issue is it isn't secured, the whole stuff is deprecated as fuck and it could benefit of a GUI.

2) The given projects you listed are part of L2JProject. MMOCore is the network core, Java Engine allow external .java scripts to work, Jython Engine is kept for compatibility with .py scripts but will disappear with time (as it did on my own pack). No clue what's netcon. All those project exist "in case of" a update needs to be made. You don't have to bother about it if you're not a really advanced developer.

3) GG is the hacking protection tool for NCSoft, it never worked but always bored a lot of players.

2)These are not "custom" jar files, you just need it to compile correctly and get your server working, don't even think about removing it.

2)These are not "custom" jar files, you just need it to compile correctly and get your server working, don't even think about removing it.

1. Thank's

2. No i don't think to do that cause without those i don't think the server is running... but... what is the diferrence with the other .jars from server's pack?

are just the same files or have something "better" on their source?!

3. Thank's!

Jars that aren't the server source are needed to compile correctly and to make it work, maybe Tryskell or someone else can explain it to you, better.

ok thank you very much for your time and your help... for all my topics! ;)