Deticated With Ddos Protection For Lineage2 Server

McKenZiex

Do you figure, that the first month is the most critical one ?

You may loss your time and investments pretty quickly if you are underestimating this.

So he should rush hyperfilter ?

Dude keep your marketing tricks out of this forum

@nekys yeah, the purpose of OVH adding ddos protection (real one), is that they had too many customers leaving, due to downtimes caused by customers receiving ddos attacks.

Even I was one of them initially, because I had 10 video streaming servers there, that would constantly have issues due to other customers in the same racks or near it, receiving high traffic, causing the switches to crash or become unresponsive.

After they've added this to their network, at least this issue was resolved, at the price of degrading the quality of the service, but not making it get completely offline (for the customer receiving the attacks).

So at the same time, they reduced the number of complaints on their network, they managed to somewhat keep some of these customers running with a mid-sized impact, it is better than nothing, considering the size of their business and that they have about 5 independant networks to keep up with.

We can't expect much, because since of the price they are practicing, even their teams or staff, may suffer from lacking hand work being available, so the most they automate it, the less they have to rely on support, the best it is.

In fact, it may work good enough to some people, while for others it will be a nightmare, anyways DoS/DDoS is a serious problem so always you can expect having problems with it, since it is not a normal situation.

@nekys yeah, the purpose of OVH adding ddos protection (real one), is that they had too many customers leaving, due to downtimes caused by customers receiving ddos attacks.

Even I was one of them initially, because I had 10 video streaming servers there, that would constantly have issues due to other customers in the same racks or near it, receiving high traffic, causing the switches to crash or become unresponsive.

After they've added this to their network, at least this issue was resolved, at the price of degrading the quality of the service, but not making it get completely offline (for the customer receiving the attacks).

So at the same time, they reduced the number of complaints on their network, they managed to somewhat keep some of these customers running with a mid-sized impact, it is better than nothing, considering the size of their business and that they have about 5 independant networks to keep up with.

We can't expect much, because since of the price they are practicing, even their teams or staff, may suffer from lacking hand work being available, so the most they automate it, the less they have to rely on support, the best it is.

In fact, it may work good enough to some people, while for others it will be a nightmare, anyways DoS/DDoS is a serious problem so always you can expect having problems with it, since it is not a normal situation.

Can't deny that. Especially the last words.

So you guys what recommend for me?

what's the best deticated & DDoS protection so i can start the first month?

Well, if you don't have budget available, you can try to start with ovh and see what happens... if you want to take the risk it is a way to go, if it doesn't works, then you didn't lost much anyways, because getting a dedicated somewhere else, with a cheap ddos protection, would be the same as doing this anyways... So, thats what you can do.

In the other hand, if you want to invest money and improve your quality & reliability and reduce your risks, check the companies with a good reputation and choose any of them :).

• 2 years later...