Question About Opening A L2Off On A Weak Machine

Not sure if this is the right section to ask but

I have a very bad laptop with 4 gb rams max ,i cant use the linux since i dont have access to it, of course im not thinking right now to work on a l2off  (later)

i remember i used the bugged l2off one few months ago for fun just to open a server and check ,trying to disable the geodata yet my ram was still at 100% and then pc freeze even with geodata disabled...

Edited by Karasu

Use Windows Server 2005 64bit, clean the additional proceses, make it fresh as hell and it will work, but you will have l2server and l2npc startup issues like a shit load of time to start-up... plus if you will have more than 100+ players...well lag will happen i guess..depending on your bandwidth.

Its posible...just tweak your windows to use as much less ram as posible.

Hint : Use flash usb drives as virtual ram addons...it will boost a lil of your apps usage.

4 GB on a consumer OS - with tons of bloated sysinternals will be hard to run C4.

Testserver sure - but bloated.

GF will be impossible.

whats that suppose to mean? it is related?...

100 players on l2off ,whoot????????

im talking about ME running on MY OLD LAPTOP with WINDOWS 7 with 4 GB RAM ,the l2off gracia final (windows 7 use lot of rams though)

lets say that i will delete geodata ,anything left?

Edited by Karasu

Edit this in l2server.ini and l2npc.ini, will reduce a lot of ram usage:

IOBufferCount=3000 

Also I would only load the NPCs in town, make sure you delete a lot of stuff in npcpos.txt

And maybe, just maybe, it will playable.

GF will be impossible, even if removing all NPCS.

The objects\npcs memory footprint is too large.

You cannot use l2off without geodata for one - so removing is not an optin.

And by testserver on C4 BASE - i mean loading server and then connecting perhaps locally with 0 npcs.

It will lag as a bitch tho - since it will not be able to reserve ram (aka not use it, but just reserve) it and try to churn out routines faster.

If you can operate under laggy conditions when switching windows and looking at stuff - while client is open then yes you can run C4.

GF, not a fat chance.

8GB will also not help - you won't even finish loading l2server before itll most likely run out of memory footprints and shutdown itself.

For a test server you can virtualize your RAM, you know pagefile but as i said will make your hard drive scream, so TEST server only, as for GF, 4GB isn't enough, even with virtual memory.