How To Create Your Own Icon & How To Import It.

`iAndre

I need some help please i want to edit the Macro Icons like change the colour of macros but wich archive i must edit? L2UI.utx and  extrac as TGA  the archive of macro1 with UTPT  but what is next  step to import the TGA edited in to the L2UI.utx file?? how can i do that ??

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have a few questions :

scroll_of_unidentify_wp_a

scroll_of_unidentify_am_a

What exactly is this  wp_a and am_a ? Is it mandatory to include them in the name ?
What if we don't wanna change the scroll icon but another icon ? we need to find the matching name ? If so, how ?

Hi,

I have a few questions :

What exactly is this  wp_a and am_a ? Is it mandatory to include them in the name ?

What if we don't wanna change the scroll icon but another icon ? we need to find the matching name ? If so, how ?

no you dont have to have it named like that, it's just the way that ncsoft likes to organize their icons

I see, thanks.

Any clue to edit an existing utx file ? I wanna change the maccro icon included in L2UI.utx but can't find how to do it, I can rad it with UTPT but can't open it with Unreal Engine Editor (encrypted or decrypted)

• 8 months later...

I dont know if it is a bug or my problem or something,but when I try to drop the item to the ground the cursor remains default and it doesn't change to item's icon.The item can be droped succesfully but sometimes may be confusing.
Thanks in advance and excuse my bad english :P

EDIT:I did it with DXT3 insteed of DXT1 lol Solved

Edited by henrar

• 1 month later...

I have followed your wonderful guide and created my icon. I know where to change the icon inside etcitemgrp.dat. But where do I put my icon.utx file inside L2 folders?

Sorry for my silly question :)

Thanks in advance

I have followed your wonderful guide and created my icon. I know where to change the icon inside etcitemgrp.dat. But where do I put my icon.utx file inside L2 folders?

Thanks in advance

systextures/textures

Thanks in advance

At Systextures mate.

• 1 month later...

I have all things and understand the way but only need a decrypt for utx file so I can open it with unreal engine

or need the command that I write in bat file in order for l2decrypt to decrypt the utx file

this is command bat for encrypt              l2encdec -e 121 L2Font-e.utx

I need the command for l2decrypt

• 3 months later...

Hi, I followed all steps, made my Icon2.utx file for Interlude, encoded (I've used encoder before with l2 other projects, it works fine),

edited etcitemgrp, named icon2.(name) , all steps 1:1 as in guide, but my inventory shows blank black. The image size etc. is fine - its an icon taken from gracia icons - cave crystal, nothing new/self made. Why is it now working?

EDIT: sorted, instead of .tga format, I imported bmp into Unreal, it even showed the picture there of the icon.

Did the rest as before, and worked for me.

Edited by zilbe333

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...