Custom skills at armor

CaptainA

Question

Hello guys!!

Lets say i want to make an armor ( lets say Draconic armors ) have the noblesse effect ...

So when someone wears that armor doesnt lose buffs on death .

How can i do that ? Any ideas ?

I tried these :

a) I added to draconic main part in database in item_skill the noblesse skill id

b) The a didnt work so i tried to add the effect of noblesse from noblesse skill on draconic armorset skill

c) The b didnt work either so i tried to replace the skill that you get when you enchant set +6 or more with the noblesse skill ..

Again nothing... What can i do ?

5 answers to this question

Easy...find the itemequip method and add there a check to add noblesse buff to the char if hes wearing the whole draco set, than just find the itemunequip method and remove the buff if they unequip the item.

Easy...find the itemequip method and add there a check to add noblesse buff to the char if hes wearing the whole draco set, than just find the itemunequip method and remove the buff if they unequip the item.

Oh so i need to mess with java code..hmm thanks !! I thought i needed to do something with the xml files or something !!

Oh so i need to mess with java code..hmm thanks !! I thought i needed to do something with the xml files or something !!

Well that depends on the pack itself, for example if you use anything newer than interlude than you can use as reference the agathion implementation and give a skill to an item that way but in my opinion hardcoding such custom stuff is better because if you update the pack with anything, you might mess up something in the XMLs.

Adding the skill itself is pointless, as it's an active skill. What you want to do is to add effects of the skill itself. As Intrepid suggested, do it on inventory listeners onEquip / onUnequip.

If you really want a PASSIVE icon, you have to implement a custom skill. Would work pretty fine with the passive skill system of armor sets, and avoid ugly hardcore changes on onEquip/onUnequip.

If you really want a PASSIVE icon, you have to implement a custom skill. Would work pretty fine with the passive skill system of armor sets, and avoid ugly hardcore changes on onEquip/onUnequip.

This, I'd do it by this way. Just make a new skill, noblesse passive. Should work :P