[Question]The Best Project

DeVBlaze

Question

9 answers to this question

ok guys i make a question and you are out of topic but anyway, couse l2jesios is closed if you read the news my friend Tryskell that's why i make this question to see which is better also i have to deal with l2j develop at least 2 years so i'm a bit out of date for the news at project and insted of searching i ask nicely for a abbreviation(shortcut) :)

I'm not really out of topic, you "promote" a pack on a sig and you don't even know what is it about... The error is most about calling you "developer", using/promoting stuff you don't even know about. Anyway, I stop to be mean. For now.

If I was making remarks about your sig is because L2JEsios ("was" from what I understand) is a fork of aCis.

About IL, speaking of serious projects (lifetime / commits) you got only 2 choices for open source - added to the numerous russian forks which are at best private, and at worst leaked and outdated : aCis and L2JFrozen.

About aCis, with the "99-page topic" on those forums AND my own forums you should have quite enough informations, I made Announcements section on my forums to avoid to copy-paste such informations.

About L2JFrozen, you have to know the pack isn't actively maintained anymore (10 revs after 1 year), IRL issues.

Both packs have bugs, both got a different PoV about what must be done, and both got a different public (but so far, and that's good for my e-penis, no one is gone from aCis to go to L2JFrozen - when the versus happened few times).

Both packs got at least one major issue :

• aCis is a giant "sandbox", where many things are reworked and so you will find many things missing (not because of crappy code, but because of "waiting" state and complete reworks). That's the reason I ask ppl to contribute, what I aim isn't possible for a single human (and I don't want to use 10y to finish it), anyway read my forums / topic on MxC to get an idea about what I talk about. The pack asks also a "decent" level of knowledge as many customs are dropped, and due to new systems. That's not a problem if you want to learn, as I myself "teach" ppl to do things (my quest makers), but for lazy asses => [YOU'RE NOT WELCOMED].
  • L2JFrozen made a lot of "crap" commits ; while the latest finally correct things, you can find numerous exemples of "addition/revert" stuff. Understand in the past they didn't test what would be needed to be tested before a commit. Also, and that's a personal PoV, aiming customs mean the time you wasted on it could be applied to fix retail things.

There are also few packs who poped up those days, like L2JDream. I got no clue about content, and to be honest, I don't think there is something to care about. I walk my own unique way, ppl are free to follow me or another.