L2 Zombies - Realistic Zombie Apocalypse - unique highly customized server

DrizzLx

UPDATE 2/24/2013: The project was on hold because I moved and started a new job this month. I have resumed working on the project, updates soon!

L2 Zombies is unlike anything you have ever experienced before in Lineage 2. We are going to give players a new perspective of what direction a Lineage 2 private server can take.

Website coming soon

This is a fresh project under heavy development. Since development has only began, these are only details on the core gameplay and everything is subject to change.

Core Gameplay Overview

• Upon creating your character you will spawn at a random location in Lineage 2 with little to no equipment
  • The world is plagued with zombies and hell-like creatures. There is no safe haven or refugee
  • There are no levels. You are focusing on gear, skill enchants, and other things to make you powerful
  • It's realistic. You have no natural health regeneration and you have to eat food or hunger will debuff you. We will be using the vitality bar as the hunger system, there will be multiple stages of hunger
  • Trust no one. If you die you can lose equipped gear and items in your inventory. Some players may see that shiny armor and decide you're done using it
  • Whether you choose to be a lone wolf or party up with fellow survivors, you will explore the world in search of supplies, equipment, and even other players
  • Creating a clan and capturing a fortress or castle will give you a place to relax and possibly access to special shops
  • The Chest Spawn Engine will spawn supply, armor, and weapon chests all over the world, in random locations. The chests are respawned every hour so they may appear in different locations and refresh any opened chests. There are also different grades of chests: common, rare, and epic. Different types of chests will be implemented before release that will serve specific purposes
  • Chests are party-friendly and everyone in your party that is near the chest (except a dual boxed character) will roll their own loot, as if they opened the chest alone
  • There will be an achievements system with rewards
  • Bandit system - similar to the PK system, but killing a bandit will yield great rewards. Punish those players who choose to gain power through evil deeds

This is just a basic overview, we plan to have in-depth systems/features that will give players a new goal every time they turn. There is so much we can do with this server, I am very excited!

Additional Features

• Zombie AI controlled towns that players can siege to globally benefit the server. Player controlled towns will spawn shops and special NPCs. Once a town is controlled it will reset a few hours later, then there is a downtime in which the town can't be controlled.
    • Each town will have a different type of siege
    • Sieges will be dynamic and fun
    • Not every town will be siegable
    • The siege is a pvp zone and there is no penalty for dying

[*]There are no classes. Each race will have a racial skill and their original con, dex, etc. You will choose from skills available to everyone, but are limited to how many you can have. You can unlock more skills and/or special skills through achievements. You will be free to reset your skills at a player controlled town and try different builds.

[*]Undecided - Auction house built into the community board that will allow players to trade items

L2 Zombies Developers

• DrizzLx
    • Owner / Core Java / Website

[*]Sinnocent

• Client Mod

[*]TheArchitek

• Graphic Designer

Inside Development

Lines of code: 3,000 and counting.

• Chest System
    • Spawner Engine: Complete
    • Loot Data Loader: Complete
    • Loot Manager (logic/distributing loot): Complete
    • Chest NPC loot events/interface: Complete
    • Loot Database (500+ unique items): Complete

[*]Town Wars

• Gludio: In progress (engine complete)

[*]Community Board (custom features and information) In progress

This is not L2 , but , i am amazed of what you are trying to do.Give it your best shot , and prove you can create whatever you want with fantasy.

Thanks for the wonderful comments. You are right, this isn't Lineage 2 at all, but I hope it will give players a new perspective on the direction Lineage 2 can take. Combining all the wonderful elements of Lineage 2 with this unique gameplay is a challenge, but it's going to be awesome!

I'm hard at work, I hope my cofee maker can take this insane abuse.

Thanks for the wonderful comments. You are right, this isn't Lineage 2 at all, but I hope it will give players a new perspective on the direction Lineage 2 can take. Combining all the wonderful elements of Lineage 2 with this unique gameplay is a challenge, but it's going to be awesome!

I'm hard at work, I hope my cofee maker can take this insane abuse.

Courage mate , and keep it up.I always had admiration for such projects.

Not exactly promising.

But if you are enthusiastic about it - cannot wait to see what you come up with.

After a few weeks I will build a website with a splash page and forum. I haven't exactly made any official announcements because the project is still in early development.

It's definitely a risk putting so much time and effort into such a unique project, but I hope players will find it as exciting as I do. I'm able to code just about anything I can think of, so we will wait and see what happens in due time. I have committed to the project 100% and it will get done.

Thanks for the encouraging comments everyone!

I have been putting some thought into the skills/classes. What if there were no classes? You could choose skills before you start playing and could change them at a player controlled town. This would allow complete customization of play style.

Thoughts on this?

I have been putting some thought into the skills/classes. What if there were no classes? You could choose skills before you start playing and could change them at a player controlled town. This would allow complete customization of play style.

Thoughts on this?

so u mean that we can choose skills during the game?or just once?maybe u can give 6-10 skills in every class which will be basic and we can choose for 5more or something like this!

so u mean that we can choose skills during the game?or just once?maybe u can give 6-10 skills in every class which will be basic and we can choose for 5more or something like this!

Basically you would start with 6 or so books that would allow you to learn any skill (there will be both active books and passive books, for the different skills. So you would be able to get like 6 active skills and 6 passives starting off). You would choose the skills you wanted, customizing your character. Later in the game you can possibly get more books from achievements, and gain a few extra skills. You would be free to "reset" your skills at an npc and change them, if you don't like your build (or possibly free to reset on the community board at any time, but im not sure yet).

You would be able to choose from a lot of different skills, you could be a wizard/dagger if you wanted to be. However, hybrid classes would probably be weaker unless they synergize well together.