So how long till L2 dies?

People still try to theory craft economy, level, progression, raid boss system, "unique" gameplay. The best part people want retail gameplay <- just makes me rofl.

Sorry but your answer was a bit confusing.

You're saying L2 players want to play it retail-like and not see innovative features? Well for retail-like they have...retail,its free.

l2 was and will always be divided in 2 parts. prelude - interlude lovers and kameal+++ lovers. the old school players like myself do not like the star wars gameplay in kameal++ but thats another story.

now about servers. there is no serious server around. the community is dumber every day. no mature ppl mostly spoiled kids playing. servers have always the same features or max enchants over 9000 etc.

dont get me wrong.. i tried kameal++ but still it was not the same as cronicle 3 which was the best cronicle in my opinion. then again interlude is the most alike to cronicle 3 this is why i am almost always playing interlude. i used to play low/mid rates but i dont have time anymore to play servers like that and when i chose to play high rate its always the same. kids who spam hero 24/7, corrupted staff, clans zerging and thinking they know to play l2 when they even dont know how to assist, who to kill first,second,third... i could write more but i am not bothered.

anyway i think l2 will still live for some year untill they will shout down official. death of official will be the death of l2.

L2 is a strange game... Cannot say its dead or live.

It's not dead for sure,you just can say that still alive,because if it was dead atm it wouldnt exist a section for l2 in this forum :D !

L2 its in a zombie state atm. Nobody likes change yet everyone complaints its boring. I am pretty sure there have been servers with legit staff and a lively community but its always a bunch of players that will ruin any reputation a server has in a second for no good reason.

L2 its in a zombie state atm. Nobody likes change yet everyone complaints its boring. I am pretty sure there have been servers with legit staff and a lively community but its always a bunch of players that will ruin any reputation a server has in a second for no good reason.

Absolutely true.

L2 won't die,come on.

Does any of you have check what's happenin' in private servers section & req dev help gr/eng l2j daily?

I'll tell you,every random start creatin' his own server.No matter if they got knowledge or not,if they got money or not,if they are mature or not they just wannabe create a homemade server in order to increase their pennis and pretendin' the god to his friends.That's the fact.

L2 is not dieing,just the community has been splited,

the one side,wannabe developers/server owners without any actually knowledge practise

the other side,the players who are just keep playing l2 but they are tryin' other games aswell,and their l2 time is decreased.

Right now l2 is on its last breaths. I will give it another 3 years tops. How did i get to that conclusion? Well i remember 2 years ago that on hz there were around 390-410 servers registered, right now its like 210 servers, thats a huge drop in 2 years. Up until 2010 there were like 500-400 servers around.

this is cuz Official is freetoplay now

witch player will play low rate l2 now in a crap server from homade dedi server?

(i talk about god nor hi5 and below clients)

In first post u should add what u mean by "dies", everybody have got different opinion about what u may mean. For example some ppl may think "Lineage 2 will never die because its in our memory" or "Lineage 2 is already dead because it dont have as many ppl as 2 years ago" or "Lineage 2 will die in 1 year because nobody will play anymore". Without that such question will bring u nothing :)

It won't be long,with all these ignorant players who play interlude and all the spanish/brasilian noobs opening so many servers.

And greeks who still made servers onyl for money

L2 is like a zombie, it's not dead, but not quite alive either.

100% agree!

l2 never dies !!!

We will see. In my opinion, here's needed something new, different in gameplay, in gamestyle like Guild Wars 2 give us.

Lineage will not die so soon... The only thing Lineage needs is less servers! Why?

Every 2nd retard opens a f*cked server with corrupted srv or anything and the good servers can't be found, which are about 10 out of 200! Also good servers are almost always getting bad reputation because of dumb players who die in pvp because they seriously don't know how to play or there is a player who is better than them... And instead of trying to get better or just leave server they complain on forums, ingame and where ever they can. That makes good server disappear.

One more thing that helps L2 die is the 24/7 cries about staff being corrupted or server being 100% bugs no balance etc. That's one thing that makes good Developers/GM Team get depressed and just leave the server die or just close it.

Seriously instead of saying "srv ful baggss.... fuuu srv fuu gm! nooob srv" go to their forum and write "I found a bug. *reporting bug*". That would help everyone!

Sorry I went a bit off topic :P

So to keep lineage alive what we as players/developers have to do.

Less QQ more report.

Let noobish servers die.

Less DDoS attacks on server which have more population than your own.

As a player if you like the GM Team/Server support them, not with money but with everything they can't do themselves!

Also unfortunatelly Lineage 2 Low Rates have died because most players are bored of farm and just want to bang... And less time for most players!

@DeathSpank287:

The too many servers situation would not be a problem is people had a brain,simple, after seeing 100 equal servers (IT mostly), same features,balblabla, people should ignore them, period. If people ignored them, after a while such servers would not open anymore.

As for the rest, well, it depends on the players themselves, players have to learn, many of them need to gain maturity, and think before speaking. You are absolutely right on what you're saying, but I'm willing to bet my house that things will not change.

About the players crying and making bad advertisement, well, its a moderator's job to prevent that and punish those who do it. E.g. I saw a couple of good servers in MxC's advertisement zone, but they just get flooded by players complaining, most of those complaints aren't even true. What happens then is readers just assume its a crappy server based on those comments, and a good server is lost.

@Horus:

As you are probably aware like 90% of players are dumb as shit or just spoiled brats... That means we won't see any difference untill Lineage is dead!

The real players (aka veterans) who seriously know how to behave and don't cry about every sh1t have almost all left due to work reasons or no time or they found themselves a better game :/ That's why L2 will die sooner or later!

@Horus:

As you are probably aware like 90% of players are dumb as shit or just spoiled brats... That means we won't see any difference untill Lineage is dead!

The real players (aka veterans) who seriously know how to behave and don't cry about every sh1t have almost all left due to work reasons or no time or they found themselves a better game :/ That's why L2 will die sooner or later!

or they figured out that there is a new game called real life overthere..