Ryze

Hi ive played ryze for quite some time now and always use 9/0/21 however after speccing the MLG I noticed azubu ambition and curse both used 21/0/9 on ryze mid and even had AP runes. Could some explain 2 me why everyone uses 9/0/21 apart from the pros? Cause I looked at 21/0/9 and I dont think it'll be good for ryze and I cant see why they've used it.

simple.

2 patches ago riot reworked ryze and made him rely on AP too rather than stacking mp and defence.

His ratios are still way too low.

still not that super mega tanky that he used to be

yes he is and i dont see a problem building old build ryze..it just works fine with me ..

dafuq.. the nerf wasnt that big

• 1 month later...

yes he is and i dont see a problem building old build ryze..it just works fine with me ..

dafuq.. the nerf wasnt that big

indeed...Actually i think its quite better now..cause with the build i use i have around 4-5 k mana and 400-500 AP.So,with the increased Ap ratios it works kinda better for me..more dmg :P

• 3 months later...

Why would you go 9/0/21?With the new masteries ryze needs only the movement,the mana regen,the mana per level and maybe the biscuiteer from utility,the rest of the points won't be needed in utility since everything else is more  suitable to a support than a mid champion.

• 1 month later...

Hi ive played ryze for quite some time now and always use 9/0/21 however after speccing the MLG I noticed azubu ambition and curse both used 21/0/9 on ryze mid and even had AP runes. Could some explain 2 me why everyone uses 9/0/21 apart from the pros? Cause I looked at 21/0/9 and I dont think it'll be good for ryze and I cant see why they've used it.

Your 9/0/21 is just better for ryze.

Why would you go 9/0/21?With the new masteries ryze needs only the movement,the mana regen,the mana per level and maybe the biscuiteer from utility,the rest of the points won't be needed in utility since everything else is more  suitable to a support than a mid champion.

and why you need ability on Ryze while you play with max mp?

True but still,the abillity is better than the last points in utility.

nah i dont think so,as chyba said,that items are enought to increase your ability.

I tried ryze in an other way...Masteries:21-9-0,Runes:seal-armor,glyphs-mr flat,marks-m.pen,quint-ap!This is rly usefull early level!

Items:

boots-m.Pen

Rod of ages(Usefull starting item(Ap,hp,mp)

Manamume(When it upgrades is really usefull)

Rylai's Scep(Prety tanky)

Iceborn grau(Slow all the time+dmg)

Frost Armor(Tanky)

with this items you go like 4k mp 250 dmg 3k hp and 300-400 ap!

Thats how i play Ryze!