[Share][Interlude] Hats (Includes PSD)

• 3 months later...

Yo lemme first say Grr, that i seen your work and its amazing especially from development perspective.

I got to this by first trying Crit's hats which were also awesome and cool. But I like the backwards hat better than forward like a baseball player lol. But one that would be even better than both, would be a hat going, not sidways, but 45degrees from the front, and maybe up a bit. Now that's a player hat! xD

Saying that, I had problems when trying to install this into my client, but without having server access to change armor tables. I simply want to use it as a player.

The problem I was having with both Grr's and Crit's was where my hair is sticking through the hat. The game does not change hair to be changed for hats like it will with Wizard or Jester hat.

shot00119m.jpg

I have tried changing more values to be different in armorgrp.dat, and have also tried prying open helmet.grp and hairaccessorylocgrp but not sure what I do after that. I was thinking to add a new line into hairaccessorylocgrp.dat with the new textures for first or so value, but all of those seem to be for things that don't change hair like tiaras/etc, and the hats are already in right location.

So is there any way to get this working right without having to change the server's existing MySQL armor tables? Was I on the right track? The item I am trying to replace is the half-masks.

I am coming from Aion developing so thanks guys for baring with me.