Official Spam Topic

Maxtor

I was thinking about that, to revert it, but there are too many packets to edit in order to make it working.

Setekh & I decided to start on l2j c4 instead of.

Well, guessing you are going on a default L2J that is around for like 6-7 years? untouched, and the bugs it carried even to Interlude itself(lets not even mention c4 j) ..

guess you are pretty much digged into shit, and imho without real reason

Only the idea of C4 java turns away people, no matter what.

a ,maybe noobish question

Since original L2J C4 files are missing so many things and so buggy

Can't you take a interlude project that is quite good to start on

and downgrade?

lol what got into people you are the 34838377124576th guy who asks me about downgrading :D

Well 1st theres no interlude project that is quite good to start on, and no downgrading is a bad idea. Downgrading is a way for the noob to get some attention, let me explain why, take acis for best example of downgrading. Their skill engine is the l2j freya skills engine copied over 1:1, that means their skills work like they should IN FREYA so their pack is alredy failed to be interlude because of the different behaviour of the skills. Also when you downgrade you dont pay attention to code quality which ends up in performance issues or weird development concepts(again acis and its noobish 1 xml for every npc data thing). All in all dowgrading should never happen in any kind of software in my opinion.

lol what got into people you are the 34838377124576th guy who asks me about downgrading :D

Well 1st theres no interlude project that is quite good to start on, and no downgrading is a bad idea. Downgrading is a way for the noob to get some attention, let me explain why, take acis for best example of downgrading. Their skill engine is the l2j freya skills engine copied over 1:1, that means their skills work like they should IN FREYA so their pack is alredy failed to be interlude because of the different behaviour of the skills. Also when you downgrade you dont pay attention to code quality which ends up in performance issues or weird development concepts(again acis and its noobish 1 xml for every npc data thing). All in all dowgrading should never happen in any kind of software in my opinion.

Well, i don't have the knowledge of that, and i am wondering about possibilities

Still, Interlude is pretty close to C4 in this case, and i get that you don't get well with other people's works cause you dont agree with their style(you may be and probably be right)

But it's tough nevertheless :/

serious talk on mxc, seems like 2009 mxc :forever alone like a boss:

we cant troll 24/7 cmon :D

Well, i don't have the knowledge of that, and i am wondering about possibilities

Still, Interlude is pretty close to C4 in this case, and i get that you don't get well with other people's works cause you dont agree with their style(you may be and probably be right)

But it's tough nevertheless :/

Thats not even about personal preference, thats common sense...whats better to work with the current skills folder OR if you would have 1 huge 10-15mb size xml with all the skills in it. Eclipse would freeze out just by looking at it :D

Thats not even about personal preference, thats common sense...whats better to work with the current skills folder OR if you would have 1 huge 10-15mb size xml with all the skills in it. Eclipse would freeze out just by looking at it :D

I read in the internetz about many java devs using XMLs constantly without reason.

What's the upside on them though?

Btw, what you said about skills

Since IL skills works kinda like C4(and to be fair, you can't have exact knowledge of C4 skills anymore to make them perfect)

Maybe it would take less time to sort the ones that are not the same, than fix C4 ones to be working exactly like they should

I read in the internetz about many java devs using XMLs constantly without reason.

What's the upside on them though?

Btw, what you said about skills

Since IL skills works kinda like C4(and to be fair, you can't have exact knowledge of C4 skills anymore to make them perfect)

Maybe it would take less time to sort the ones that are not the same, than fix C4 ones to be working exactly like they should

XMLs are great stuff for static data and static data only, reading is better from an xml file while writing fits better for sql. About skills no you should never take another chronicle as reference for retail stuff. Sometimes people dont even notice changes that happen, the small tweeks on reuse timers or just small value adjustments. You should always try to get retail information instead of trying to use other chronicles as reference just because the skill got implemented 3 chronicles later.

XMLs are great stuff for static data and static data only, reading is better from an xml file while writing fits better for sql. About skills no you should never take another chronicle as reference for retail stuff. Sometimes people dont even notice changes that happen, the small tweeks on reuse timers or just small value adjustments. You should always try to get retail information instead of trying to use other chronicles as reference just because the skill got implemented 3 chronicles later.

acis used interlude values on skills rework by the way (i know it cuz i made some myself)

XMLs are great stuff for static data and static data only, reading is better from an xml file while writing fits better for sql.

Aren't skills static? Any more than NPCs , for example

acis used interlude values on skills rework by the way (i know it cuz i made some myself)

Yeap, and how could you even know that, the L2J C4 even use the right ones, instead of C3 that got changed in C4.

but the basic skill engine is NOT interlude, and 90% of their code is kind of crappy because its an l2j base with 0 optimalization :)

Aren't skills static? Any more than NPCs , for example

Yeap, and how could you even know that, the L2J C4 even use the right ones, instead of C3 that got changed in C4.

yep skills,npcs,drops are static but its the way you code them that counts :)