[HELP] 3D Modeling

Hi there, long time no see  :)

So I've been thinking of making a hat for gracia epilogue. Believe me I checked every tutorial and every video in maxcheaters and elsewhere but it seems that those tutorials are only to show off "skills".

Give me a little help here, about the hat, I made a nice hat in 3ds max 2012.

Question 1: In 3ds max 2012 you can color your model, but in order to implement it in lineage 2 you must not color it, but make the colors separated in photoshop, after import it in UE. Right?

Lets take it from start. In order for a model to work you need a .ukx file which goes in the "Animations" folder and another .utx file which goes in the "SysTextures" folder. You also need a line for armorgrp.dat or weapongrp.dat which goes in the "system" folder. This is the client part.

Question 2: Do you also need a line for e-itemname.dat or any other things?

About the server part you have to insert lines in sql custom weapons/armors and a .xml file,

This is the server part.

Question 3: Do you need anything else? Probably not.

About creating the model. There are 2 ways. The first one is to take an existing model and modify it and the other way is to create a model from scratch.

What I did,  followed elfocrash's tutorial and I made a hat model from scratch in 3ds max 2012. After that export as hat.3DS import the hat.3DS in zModeler v1 'to fix the terrains'-

Question 4: I couldn't find the import/export plugins for zModeler v1 so I imported it in zModeler v2 with the plugins I exported it as .3ds and when I imported it in 3ds Max 2012 the model was messed up. What is wrong the zModeler version or the 3ds Max version? Any link for zModeler v1 with plugins?

-export the hat.3ds import it in 3ds Max and export it as hat.obj.

Question 5: Let apart the messed up model when I exported the hat.3ds from the 3ds Max as hat.obj I noticed in elfocrash's tutorial (3ds Max 9) it was written "Wavefront Object (*.OBJ)" while in my 3ds Max 2012 it was written "gw::OBJ-Exporter (*.OBJ)" Does this mean that mine .OBJ is not "good" ?

After you have to move hat.obj into OAUKX_C7 to get hat.ukx and you put it in the "Animations" folder.

55864801.png

Question 6: As you see in this image it shows an error. However the hat.ukx is still created. Is this related to the "not good" .obj? Is this normal? If not, what can I do to fix it?

Next step is to save the colors image from photoshop as hatutx.TGA and import it in UE2 Editor. After the editting you export it as hatutx.utx-

Question 7: Is this right?

-and encode the hatutx.utx with Enc and then put the hatutx.utx in the "SysTextures" folder.

Question 8: This encoding part is only for .utx? Or you must do it with .ukx too?

Next edit the armorgrp.dat and put the line.

Question 9: If your model is from scratch you need to make your own line, so how to do it? And if e.g. for the hat we use the existing Wizard Hat line, what parts to edit to make it work?

I would be grateful if you answer my questions and please tell me if i missed anything or correct me if I said something wrong.

Any help appreciated

Thanks in advance.

1. you can colour it from 3dsmax and then export the map ( i dont remember how ) and edit it on photoshop if you want to add more details

2. take a custom accessorie from the lines your client already has and simple change when it needs it, for example replace the baium.utx with hat.utk and keep replacing the whole line ( for one item it will be easy, for a whole armor set it will be a pain in the ass )

3. no

i can't the rest cause i have more than 2 years to edit so i dont remember

9. no just copy and edit a ready line from the client like i mention

1: You can use the material editor in 3dsmax to test it, but guess it depends if you're doing it from 0 or it was a existing model. Texture should be done separately in Unreal (like import)

2: If you want to see it not as NoitemName or if you use it in regular server not pawnviewer

3: Hat? dunno should be fine xD

4: zmodeler doesn't need plugins and try not to use 3dsmax 2012

5: Try to use an earlier version of 3dsmax

7: right I think so D:

8: UKX is fine (not needed)

9: sofaki

1: You can use the material editor in 3dsmax to test it, but guess it depends if you're doing it from 0 or it was a existing model. Texture should be done separately in Unreal (like import)

2: If you want to see it not as NoitemName or if you use it in regular server not pawnviewer

3: Hat? dunno should be fine xD

4: zmodeler doesn't need plugins and try not to use 3dsmax 2012

5: Try to use an earlier version of 3dsmax

7: right I think so D:

8: UKX is fine (not needed)

9: sofaki

Thanks alot. As for the zModeler v1 when I opened it it said "no plugins detected you can use neither import or export". I ignored the message and when I tried to import the hat.3ds nothing happened. Can you give me your zModeler? :)

Thanks alot. As for the zModeler v1 when I opened it it said "no plugins detected you can use neither import or export". I ignored the message and when I tried to import the hat.3ds nothing happened. Can you give me your zModeler? :)

it's rly kind'a hard question for a part of your mind, but why you use this Filter, in wich ELFOCralfo is the Only one and the best who can share with you knowledge in something that you can do by yourself,

you rly think that it matter when someone show you, and you didn't see that all the point of doing this all is to get more Money(paper) by getting more Filters(opend)- for who is doing( elfoprelpo or anyone else) - means Fame, popularity, do you RLY Doesn't see this ?

why you think you had answeard so fast and by Those AAaaa de bzestd ?

no rly ?

IF i tell you that if you WIll make a HAT by using only logic and NO tutorials, IT will give you much more, inspiration that may help accomplish and invent new ideas in project you had( i got that thing, and it allowed me for exmple to create this

- its new mind variables)

to make it simplier it would give you same effect as NZT tablet in Movie - Limitless cause you'r mind will create new variables, its sound strange but the idea that the author of that movie had - he implied in it,

its yeah not the right place and its not - a RIGHT role to play but! rly

you may not think about that whole your life, cause you where impliet in your mind that way.

But rly there are far more important things that THIS DAMn pixels you see now.