Counter Strike Improve Computer Performance

`Rοmeο

Before you do anything, I am not responsible for any hardware or computer failures you may experience. I is suggested you do before hand research prior to the tutorials you may follow. Some of the how-to's I learned and some I discovered. I do not claim any credit for any of the material that is going to be displayed. I recommend making a backup to your current computer files before you follow anything here. Results may vary

Basic ways to speed your computer up.

Disabling Background Programs.

If you are not all that crazy about how graphic your computer is, a simple way of improving speed is by disabling them.

1. Go to your startmenu to the bottom right hand corner.

2. Right click on my computer.

3. Look for advanced system settings.

4. Go the "Advanced tab".

5. Click on settings under the performance area.

6. Go to the "Visual Effects" tab

7. And check off the option that says "Adjust for best performance"

Disabling System Restore

By disabling system restore reduces memory usage from system restore. It also speeds up the installation of programs by avoiding creating a system restore check point.

1. Go to your startmenu to the bottom right hand corner.

2. Right click on my computer.

3. Look for advanced system settings.

4. Go to the "System Protection" tab.

5. Where it displays avaliable drives click on one.

6. Click "Configure"

7. In the menu that pops up, look for an option that says, "Turn off system protection" and click it.

8. Repeat steps 5-7 if you have more than 1 drive.

If you want to delete the system restore stuff on the same menu go to the bottom right hand corner and check delete.

Deleting Junk Files and Temporary Files

By deleteing junk files it provides more space for you to work with and prevent probably perfomance degrade.

1. Go to my computer.

2. Right click your C: Drive and click properties.

3. Click on diskclean up, usually located below a picture of a pie graph.

4. Check the desired areas and click ok.

Defrag your computer

By defragging your computer, you increase access times of your computer.

1. Go to my computer.

2. Right click your C: Drive and click properties.

3. Click on the general tools tab.

4. Under defraggmentation click on defrag now.

Change Power Plan

By changing your power plan you can change the power consumption of your computer. By changing you power plan to high performance improves the responsiveness and the speed at which your overall computer runs, vice versa if it's changed to power saver. By default your computer is on balanced. Note: This setting might be limited to windows vista and windows 7.

1. Go to the startmenu.

2. Click on control panel.

3. Click power options.

4. If you cannot see high performance, click show additional plans, if not go to step 5.

5. Click on high performance.

Registry

DontVerifyRandomDrivers

"The driver verifier at random intervals verifies drivers for debugging. Disabling this functionality might improve system performance. For many high-throughput systems, every CPU cycle counts. Disable random driver verification with the following registry entry"

Quoted directly from microsoft.

1. Open regedit, go to the start menu and type regedit.

2. Go to the following directory HKLM or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\FileSystem.

3. Create the registry, right click and click dword.

4. Name the registry as follows DontVerifyRandomDrivers (It is case sensitive)

5. Make it 1.

Additional Delayed Worker Threads

"At system startup, Windows creates several server threads that operate as part of the System process. These are called system worker threads. They exist with the sole purpose of performing work on the behalf of other threads generated by the kernel, system device drivers, the system executive and other components. When one of these components puts a work item in a queue, a thread is assigned to process it.

The number of system worker threads should ideally be high enough to accept work tasks as soon as they become assigned. The trade off, of course, is that worker threads sitting idle consume system resources unnecessarily. Modify and/or create the following REG_DWORD values in the registry and then set to the recommended values listed below.

The AdditionalDelayedWorkerThreads value increases the number of delayed worker threads created for the specified work queue. Delayed worker threads process work items that are not considered time-critical and can have their memory stack paged out while waiting for work items. An insufficient number of threads will reduce the rate at which work items are serviced; a value that is too high will consume system resources unnecessarily." Quoted from microsoft.

By default, this key should be existant, follow steps 2 and 5.

2. Go to the following directory HKLM or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\SessionManager\Executive

4. Name the registry as follows AdditionalDelayedWorkerThreads (It is case sensitive)

5. Make it 16.

Additional Critical Worker Threads

"The AdditionalCriticalWorkerThreads value increases the number of critical worker threads created for a specified work queue. Critical worker threads process time-critical work items and have their stack present in physical memory at all times. An insufficient number of threads will reduce the rate at which time-critical work items are serviced; a value that is too high will consume system resources unnecessarily." Quoted from microsoft.

By default, this key should be existant, follow steps 2 and 5.

2. Go to the following directory HKLM or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\SessionManager\Executive

4. Name the registry as follows AdditionalDelayedWorkerThreads (It is case sensitive)

5. Make it 16.

Side Comments.

Registry tweaks such as unload dlls and tcpackfrequency and tcpnodelay have their respective outcomes.

Unload dlls- It has been stated by a microsoft individual that unload dlls is a mythn on os's like windows 2000 and on.

Tcpackfrequency- This has been a favored registry tweak all over the internet, but the outcome varies, such that it may work with your current os or not. Even people who share the same o.s might work it and you can't. But for those who want a crack at it.

2. Go to the following directory HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\

4. Name the registry as follows TcpAckFrequency (It is case sensitive)

5. Make it 1

"Specifies the number of ACKs that will be outstanding before the delayed ACK timer is ignored. Microsoft does not recommend changing the default value without careful study of the environment.

If you set the value to 1, every packet is acknowledged immediately because there is only one outstanding TCP ACK as a segment is just received. The value of 0 (zero) is not valid and is treated as the default, 2. The only time the ACK number is 0 is when a segment is not received and the host is not going to acknowledge the data." Quoted directly from microsoft.

In dumb terms, it may or may not reduce your latency/ping.

Tcpnodelay- Same as what was noted in tcpackfrequency.

2. Go to the following directory HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Paramet ers\TCPNoDelay

4. Name the registry as follows TcpNoDelay(It is case sensitive)

5. Make it 0.

."The tcp no delay parameter controls TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) packet batching. The default value is 1, which means that TCP packets are not batched.

TCP normally batches small logical packets into single larger physical packets (by briefly delaying packets) fill physical network frames with as much data as possible. This is intended to improve network throughput in terminal emulation environments where there are mostly keystrokes being sent across the network. However, applications that use small TDS (Tabular Data Stream) packets may benefit from disabling TCP packet batching. To disable TCP packet batching, set tcp no delay to 1." Quoted from sybase.

Basically it enables or disables the nagle algorithm.

0 to enable 1 to disable.

Windows 7 lag spikes

As you are playing in server's you may noticed that their are lag spikes here and there, your computer and it's whole being is problemless, why am i experiencing these spikes. When I first bought my new computer with win7 i noticed these problems after searching around i found a solution after stumbling upon a website. This website explained the causes of these possible lags and solved my problems. Note: Back up your registry, and my os is win7 64

1. Go to the startmenu, type regedit

2. Go to the following directory HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Audiosrv

3. Find a key that says depend on service. And delete the registry.

What that does is when you normally disable mmcs from services depending services stop, one of them is audio. By deleting the depend on service for audio you can then safely disable mmcs.

4. Reboot your computer.

5. Type services in the start menu.

6. Find multimedia class scheduler, right click it then click properties.

7. Disable the service, if the service is running, stop it.

Here is a program, it is called auslogics, it does absolutely everything when it comes to system cleaning and performance. It is compact and compatiable with windows xp, vista and win7.

Click Meh Here is the trial version