hellbound [L2J] L2Force

Romotheone

Hello to everyone who is reading this topic!

I'm really bad at holding a speech and I would really like to write something else than "how great our server will be and how we are the best of the best, etc...", so let me try this my way. :)

We have been working on a custom freya high rate server for a while, which might be completely different than the rest, you might be used to. We basicly took Hellbound Island, turned it into a kind of story-line based farming/PvP zone/raid zone area, which will (lets hope) make you forget about the bad aspects of PvE.

To make PvE more enjoyable, we thought about ways to make it better:

- Various currencies which are exchangeable and tradeable

- rare and hidden monsters with a higher respawn time and better drops

- The choice of a rather luck based or 100% drop chance farm (whichever you prefer more, obviously the mobs with a 100% chance are harder to kill.)

- A few weaker raid bosses with about 1 hour respawn time for newbies.

- Drop distribution is damage done based. Who deals more damage overall, takes the drops.

- A small story-line which keeps the player interested throughout the PvE phase.

- a walker NPC with own monologues, who will eventually show you the hidden monsters while guiding you through Hellbound.

- Hall of Suffering, an instance (planning to open more instances) which gives everyone in the party a PvE cloak (increases PvE damage according to the cloak's stage level) as a reward.

- Teleportation skills, to different parts of Hellbound. You can get them by killing raids, farming ingredients.

- An Epic raid on Hellbound, with its own "trash" (monsters which patrol on the way to the raid, making it harder for another party to interrupt your raiding) and zone effects around the raid, which can help you to kill it.

lineage2hellboundmapm.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is only on Hellbound at the moment, in which you are able to farm your Vorpal armor set and your Legendary weapon, with PvP accessories. If people will like this kind of server, we want to take the whole thing over to another place, with a similar role, but the story would be more intense and more RPG-like.

Now what have we done for PvP?

This might be the hardest question to answer. Before you start acting all fed up and denying by reading the word "custom", please keep reading and let me try to convince you.

We have really spent a lot of time creating custom classes with skills which suit them the best, boosting and nerfing other ones, adding custom armor/weapon/accessory stats.

Now at this point, I would like you to take a big breath, chill down and read carefully and throw your mistrust away, because it has been tested already with a bigger audience and they kinda liked it. We are aware of the fact, that most of the custom servers totally mess up by adding this kind of stuff, but we are pretty confident and trust in ourselves.

- 95% of the debuffs have a 100% chance to work (INCREASED COOLDOWN, REDUCED DURATION). we have looked at all of the CCs (crowd control effects like stun, root, slow, etc..) carefully, designed them for the certain classes who have them and tried to recreate certain situations to make sure they don't destroy the gameplay. Most of the CCs last only a few seconds (1-3 seconds min/max for certain stuns, 2-5 seconds min/max for certain roots, 1-2 seconds for fear, etc...). We have put a lot of work into this, so please try to understand that this isn't anything bad we have done here. You might eventually enjoy it a lot more than the retail debuff/cc system. This one is more reliable and still makes use of most of the skills you have forgotten long time ago. We have tried to design the whole PvP system to be less random and require a lot more skill instead of luck.

- Removed reflects from items/buffs

- Removed elemental resistance effects from buffs, items, skills. We still have added some to a few skills and items.

- no attributes (adding attributes would only create chaos and and unnecessarily increased damage)

- no skill enchants (due to the edited skill powers, durations, the skill enchants would only mess up things)

- nerfed vampiric effects

- Most of the bleed effects reduce healing by 50%.

- we made a huge nerf to tanks' shield def power and rate, as well as reduced their PvP damage. They will remain as a disabler class, stunlocking, agroing, debuffing targets, being a great addition to party PvP.

- magic crit cap reduced to 10%, magic crit damage reduced to 2,5x. (can be increased later with items)

- physical crit chance cap is 100% (1000), but it cannot be achieved, only with very late-game items.

- no buff limit

- buffs won't disappear after death and are infinite (no time limit). Obviously, there are certain party buffs which have a buff time, but those are mostly short to avoid dualbox buffers.

- lots of edited skills. You can read their effects by looking at the skill descriptions below their name.

- 2 different PvP areas with respawn points there. If you die on Hellbound, you respawn inside the PvP area. You receive PvP tokens if you get a kill.

- Flood protection on the PvP coin system to avoid PvP farming.

- Each Legendary weapon has a skill added to it which give an even cooler twist to PvPs.

- Except Elven Elder, and the 3 summoner classes, we have boosted classes which are mostly not played on high rate servers. (Example: Prophets wear light armor and pole-arm. We added warp and blink, and remade prophecy of fire into a self-buff which increases offensive/defensive stats. Prophets have a chance on every hit to increase their own attack speed and a chance to slow down enemies. Due to their high natural Mdef and the mobility they received through these skills, they are exceptional anti-mage fighters.)

- Reworked support classes, like Overlords, Warcryers (and probably Elven Elders later on if needed).

- Forgotten skills can be bought via participation in events and collecting PvP coins. (every forgotten skill has been edited in reuse times, durations, powers.)

- Removed cancel, mage/warrior bane, steal divinity. We didn't like skills which give you an unfair advantage.

- Critical damage has been drastically reduced to make normal hit-crit hit ratio more realistic, no more 50 normal damage and 3k crit.

- Increased overall HP and speed of classes to make PvP last longer and be more fast-paced.

This is by far not every change we have made to make the PvP experience to be something different. After reading all this, you might ask yourself: "does this really work as good as they say?"

Well as you know, there is only one way to find out.

Okay, this is it. My temporary preview topic. I would like to hear you guys' opinions and the results of your observations. What do you think? Would you play here? If no, why? Do you have any suggestions?

I would like to beg everyone who decides to post in this topic. Don't go immature mode, if you post here, be objective and constructive.

Thanks in advance.

We do have a site, but there are still no informations about anything, only a template (http://www.l2force.hostage.hu/). This is basicly a preview about the server for players to know what to expect.

I thought about creating a short description about every class, describing how they are supposed to be played and what addition do they give to a party.

We know them in and out, so if there would be any inbalances found by players, we will surely know where and how we have to nerf/boost the classes to make the person who plays it not to ragequit and still make most of the people happy.

Discuss guys, ask questions, I am here to answer them.

i have been in the same situation of waiting a verywell advertised highly customised and promising server before, and it went completely wrong.what i care most of is how long have you been testing it (be honest) and how many u had testing it (be honest for this one too.).i would really like to help you with all the tests you want though, if,of course, u need help

i have been in the same situation of waiting a verywell advertised highly customised and promising server before, and it went completely wrong.what i care most of is how long have you been testing it (be honest) and how many u had testing it (be honest for this one too.).i would really like to help you with all the tests you want though, if,of course, u need help

I would really appreciate it! I have opened a "looking for testers/dev" topic before but only 3 people wanted to help, 1 of them asked for money, 1 simply deleted me after we talked and another guy who is about the same level as me so he couldn't help much. No testers yet. :(

After all the servers I saw here, no wonder you can't trust when I say we have tested everything.

Add me on my MSN:

daniel.ferencz@citromail.hu

PS.: being honest is always good.