[SHARE] Auto Backup System (batch file)

Features and advantages:

* Single batch file, no unknown programs to run.

* Does its job no matter what SQL Agent feels about you and server settings/components status.

* Easy to use.

You can make it daily or whatever you want (warning: backup file names are set to daily with overwriting).

How to use

1. Remove second extension (.txt) from the filename.

2. Place it somewhere :)

3. Open the file (check it out to make sure it does no harm to your server :)) and set basic settings:

SET ServerName=[i]mssql_server_name[/i]
SET BackupsDir=[i]Path to some folder for backups[/i]
SET LogsDir=[i]Path to some folder, where you wanna see your logs spam :P[/i]

4. Check the Parent process section, you may want to delete/add some databases from/to backup cycle. To add a new database, simply copy the line and edit the database name.

5. Set up your scheduler to run it at desired interval: Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Scheduled Tasks -> Add Scheduled Task, browse to script, set up run interval, start time and other stuff, enter administrator's login/password/confirm it, and we're done.

6. Check the script. Your MSSQL Server settings may prohibit this type of logon, so you have to set it up to audit failed logon attempts.

P.S. It's better to schedule this tool to run when your online is minimal. Other way your players will experience some SS-delays when backing up lin2world, but that depends.

HERE

src:postpacific.com

There you say exofil is a Guide .. i dont see anything the same .... he made a guide .... this 1 just a guide without screens ....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

ESTOE S FOR ASER BACK AUTOMATIC UP????

SPANISH= jajajaja tenes peor ingles q yo, pero si es un programita para hacer autos backups ^_^

ENGLISH= yes, this is for make auto backup, thanks for share :D

Czech: Díky, funguje to a vyplatí se to zapnout, protože z navicatu mám noční můry.

English: Thank you, it works and shall be paid to turn because of navicat I have nightmares.

• 10 months later...

good job thank you :D

it work for me

lol man!! This topic is from 2008...Check the dates before you post and read our rules.

1st warning...Next time -1 karma.

Locked.