Sick of leech servers, please provide something featured!

Livity

Okey. The time of leechers should be ending soon. I don't want to see anymore these 2000x, 100x, 10x servers with normal TVT event and meaningless PVP for nothing else than pvp points -> feeding ftw.

The lineage 2 as we know will be soon f2p, don't ask for proof, go and find out about it somewhere else than this topic.

And I'm sick after 6 years in normal servers. I beg you. Someone must have enough skills to do a FEATURE FULL server.

suggestions? Skip to end if you don't want suggestions.

Improved mana system -> no potions -> EE/SE to glory -> improved mana usage on fighters.

Full time CTF/Domination event in open area farm zone with award for clan (reputation?)

Raid boss system which encourages to PvP. We all know for example retail like baium makes some PvP.

So, what about system which announces a time when raid boss is going to spawn -> you can teleport to area where teleport will activate -> auto flag. The boss zone will also be chaotic zone so no need to PK your opponents(if not in clan war)

Enough easy farming to get basic items for PvP. Raid bosses has something epic which gives a little advantage? A LITTLE. Or reputation for clan.

Castle siege/Fortress/TVTVT(3 teams) auto events. With actual prizes. -> Achieve samething as killing raids with PvP. (Easier to do raids, advantage for clans).

Aden castle could provide more than 1000 reputation and chance to challenge Boss FREYA?

Epic bosses and jewels: Epic jewels from normal epic bosses, but jewels with almost same stats(a little reduced)from shop, to provide a chance in PvP for new players.

Cancel skills -> debuff which locks down couple buffs for xx time. No more rebuffing and annoyed yells in globals. (This can be leeched from l2jforums or here on mxc)

Best PvPers of the hour on main pvp zone/farm zone. Anti feed, best healer, best killer. Providing MP/HP/CP is counted as healing. (Done in some TVT events, so the main idea of the code can be again leeched from some scripts which are already shared)

Vote reward system with Browser shop for Epic jewels, elixirs hp/cp/mp, etc.. (rent a wyvern system? for fun?)

Donations for epic jewels, if +16 is max in enchanting then +18 with donations. Shouldn't hurt much. No hero donate nor stats improved.

Now I got into too basic things, so I stop here.

The main message in this topic is to make a featured server. Guaranteed popularity!

If someone knows server with good Features tell!! Or some new admin with ambition could provide us a server like this, or something else.

Hopefully this topic is readable. At least I didn't write everything without any deferral :)

Sorry for bad grammar xd couldn't really check it all the time I wrote. ^^

NO MORE LEECH SERVERS.

Okey. The time of leechers should be ending soon. I don't want to see anymore these 2000x, 100x, 10x servers with normal TVT event and meaningless PVP for nothing else than pvp points -> feeding ftw.

The lineage 2 as we know will be soon f2p, don't ask for proof, go and find out about it somewhere else than this topic.

And I'm sick after 6 years in normal servers. I beg you. Someone must have enough skills to do a FEATURE FULL server.

suggestions? Skip to end if you don't want suggestions.

Improved mana system -> no potions -> EE/SE to glory -> improved mana usage on fighters.

Full time CTF/Domination event in open area farm zone with award for clan (reputation?)

Raid boss system which encourages to PvP. We all know for example retail like baium makes some PvP.

So, what about system which announces a time when raid boss is going to spawn -> you can teleport to area where teleport will activate -> auto flag. The boss zone will also be chaotic zone so no need to PK your opponents(if not in clan war)

Enough easy farming to get basic items for PvP. Raid bosses has something epic which gives a little advantage? A LITTLE. Or reputation for clan.

Castle siege/Fortress/TVTVT(3 teams) auto events. With actual prizes. -> Achieve samething as killing raids with PvP. (Easier to do raids, advantage for clans).

Aden castle could provide more than 1000 reputation and chance to challenge Boss FREYA?

Epic bosses and jewels: Epic jewels from normal epic bosses, but jewels with almost same stats(a little reduced)from shop, to provide a chance in PvP for new players.

Cancel skills -> debuff which locks down couple buffs for xx time. No more rebuffing and annoyed yells in globals. (This can be leeched from l2jforums or here on mxc)

Best PvPers of the hour on main pvp zone/farm zone. Anti feed, best healer, best killer. Providing MP/HP/CP is counted as healing. (Done in some TVT events, so the main idea of the code can be again leeched from some scripts which are already shared)

Vote reward system with Browser shop for Epic jewels, elixirs hp/cp/mp, etc.. (rent a wyvern system? for fun?)

Donations for epic jewels, if +16 is max in enchanting then +18 with donations. Shouldn't hurt much. No hero donate nor stats improved.

Now I got into too basic things, so I stop here.

The main message in this topic is to make a featured server. Guaranteed popularity!

If someone knows server with good Features tell!! Or some new admin with ambition could provide us a server like this, or something else.

Hopefully this topic is readable. At least I didn't write everything without any deferral :)

Sorry for bad grammar xd couldn't really check it all the time I wrote. ^^

NO MORE LEECH SERVERS.

Sth like that is under development. Ulready has such unique features like physics suport (can script eg, action when thrown item hited mob or something else etc..), extended ai with mobs that can change spawn region, can pickup any found item, can eg. fight over an found item and levelup by sucessfully killing other mobs/players, transform at some point eg to minion leader or raid boss, and so on... Soon we'll be opening open beta, and then running free public server based on that soft.

Sth like that is under development. Ulready has such unique features like physics suport (can script eg, action when thrown item hited mob or something else etc..), extended ai with mobs that can change spawn region, can pickup any found item, can eg. fight over an found item and levelup by sucessfully killing other mobs/players, transform at some point eg to minion leader or raid boss, and so on... Soon we'll be opening open beta, and then running free public server based on that soft.

You srs? Any preview?

Physics engine server side? Wouldn't that be a lot of complicated geometric and physics calculations?

Not trying to sound smart, but what you say sounds to good to be true.

+1 on OP.

Private servers need to become largely unique now. Less quantity, more quality.

Not going to tell ur has all your features, but server has almost 90% of whats ur asking. Because ur asking for a dream choise server.

Try this: www.l2-hardstyle.com

You can check features here: http://maxcheaters.com/forum/index.php?topic=222088.0

Not going to tell ur has all your features, but server has almost 90% of whats ur asking. Because ur asking for a dream choise server.

Try this: www.l2-hardstyle.com

You can check features here: http://maxcheaters.com/forum/index.php?topic=222088.0

Thx for answering. But as I read features I saw the flaw which every server makes. To earn elemental attributes you need to PvP. How in hell could a new player win players who have full items?

Maybe it's just the end of lineage 2 for me. I don't see any point in these servers. No one seems to think through what they do. Something has driven all players away from that server.

Not to be a suck up or anything, but you are not the only one to feel that way.

I'm sure the people that left this game for good thought this way as well, though.

Maybe this game really is too old. I wouldn't know since it is literally the game I played the most through out the last 4 years. Hard to know if it's old or not...

Not to be a suck up or anything, but you are not the only one to feel that way.

I'm sure the people that left this game for good thought this way as well, though.

Maybe this game really is too old. I wouldn't know since it is literally the game I played the most through out the last 4 years. Hard to know if it's old or not...

It's because it is beyond easy to set up a L2J and call it the best server in the world with false features. I have been developing a 'real unique' server (yeah same feeling) for a while but progress is slow.

Nowadays all servers are the same or very much a like.

You srs? Any preview?

Physics engine server side? Wouldn't that be a lot of complicated geometric and physics calculations?

+1 on OP.

You srs? Any preview?

+1 on OP.

Yup. Physics implemented like nearly year ago. Tested and fully working. Server has thousands of other unique features, you wont find anywhere. Even such toys like tac renderer (gameserver has capabilities of rendering eg. siege battle with all player positions, movements, actions - on high res .jpg map: to help with tactics [mby in the future]. for now its useable only by admins to see eg. movements and actions logs ;)). Server has also support for expanded ingame player management features. For example there are over 32 predefined message channels, that are used for example: 1 to show item brokers/auctioneers advertise shouts, other to announce incomming events, yet another to live inform about PK and PvPs etc. Each player can freely select with easy GUI tool, what types of messages he wanna see, and which doesnt (so no flood and players see only what they're interested in). Ofc fully operational ingame drop calculator, with browser, pinning and bookmarking mobs or items or locations, ingame mailing system with customizable notifications (eg. olympiad report email sent at the end of the month with summary of monthly fights etc, to players who enable subscription in panel in game) and other. As for more unique features: mobs ai heavyly expanded. They can scavenge, steal, can fight each other (eg. over an valuable item found on ground). Once mob picks up an item, its been added to its individual droplist (yup, each mob can have totally different drops). Mobs can advance in social status, by killing other mobs (or players). There are by default few social ranks I've made for tests: basic level is the one that mob is "borned" with by default. Once it kills enough and scores certain amount of frags, it advances to minion. If there is around an minion leader (thats the next social rank after "minion"), and that leader meets certain mob requirements (eg. some mobs hate other races and wont join to leader of race that they hate etc.), he might join that leader band, and become his support. When minion advances, it may become minion leader by itself (then splits current leader and starts looking for own asslickers). After minion leader there is one more rank: miniraid. So far only that much, but feature is been made as configurable as possible, so anyone might make hes own mob advances rules. Other worth mentioning (in between of many more features concerning only AI changes of "basic" mobs) is that mobs build their like/hate stats live. Nothing is predefined from top, and how they will behave in the future, depends heavyly on how players were doing with them. Other feature is that mobs do not have const. spawns/regions. Its possible for them to migrate to different place (not "teleport" - they will just go "on foot") - for example if an place is often ravished by players that massacre them. Ofc many new types of behaviours (for example panic, cowardeness, hidding, avoiding, helping [possible also to help players] etc...). What else is worth mentioning about mobs: even ones within same type (so called "ID" in game) are not the same. They differ in height, their basic stats are randomized with some max allowed amounts, they can wear different items, armors etc.

Like I've said - thats really small part of whole project. Anyway, for any open beta u will need to wait probably like 6 months at least. There are some frapses on youtube showing some features. If u wanna really bad to see it live (possible selling some features of it to your l2j projects ;)), contact me and Ill give u info necessary to login on our dev test server where its being made ;)

--

vid is made on previous project and showes some of the stuff i mentioned:

//EDIT: wanted to add links that will open vid at bookmarked places. Unfortunately dont works on mxc... Sry.

Epic is Epic.

Don't know what to say really, you mostly thought of everything.

I guess I can only hope it will LOOK great. Maybe I am biased - no old mobs please :P

But good job.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm impressed. Usually I don't even bother reading such text without any parsing, but... Well I read it.

Don't forget the thing why everyone plays Lineage II tho. PvP. Improving the PvE you get the attention of players and make the game interesting again, but after all... It's just PvE, boring after you have done it all.

PvP is the thing which changes always, skill appoints the players rank.

This is more unique that I was asking for, but I like it already. Hopefully you won't screw it. ^^

And I hope you have more than only 1 developer to give their opinions on features and the way your server will work. One mind cannot create something what would be liked by all. Of course everyone won't like your server which is obvious and you have to keep going the road you choose, not change it if 1 person starts a fight on a forum.

Good luck and see you there. :)

Its really funny how some people hope and think without taking into consideration the scene around lineage 2. To make a unique server with things that you have not seen in others needs way too much work. Its not just about having a good idea. The main complication is to implement this idea and to implement it completelly, bugless.

L2J has a couple of game features that have been developed through years and years of debugging. Coding something custom and big from scratch is a very difficult work to do. There do exist people with such ambitions but they usually fail because they do not comply by the standard way of making a server.

By that i mean appealing to the mass of idiots than the few. You have to spend time in public relationships, advertisement, vote scripts, anti bots, balance ranting etc. If you neglect those things and focus in custom features you end up with a bad quality unplayable product.

And the cause of all this, is open source. Everyone can open a server and when everyone has that ability the population scatters. When that happens player manipulation skills are a greater asset than being a good programmer and entrepreneur ( killed it ! ).

And here comes the verdict. Spend 8 hours a day coding new features and debugging them. Then come back and tell me how you found time to do all the other social requirements that a server needs. Cause i haven't found a way to do it.

And to second that, do not compare custom unique highrates with lowrate sucessful servers. Most people who make lowrates dont have to care about writting 40 new classes and 40 new sql tables. Its a huge gap in innovative and programming ability between being a lowrate server developer and a custom highrate server developer. And by custom i mean servers that DO implement things and not leech every public share. And those are counted in fingers.

I never said that developing was easy. I have said that GM's and probably admin are the ones who communicate with the community. GM's shouldn't be picked by their skills nor experience, they should be trustful and social. It's every admins own fault if they screw server without getting to know with GM before he recruits him.

Anyway, the topics idea is to find good server, with features. I don't suggest anyone to spend their time for developing some shitty game like this without any profit. Developers should be payed, and that is why I support donations idea.

Never donated, cause I rarely pay for any games.

Server needs more than one developer, social GM's and time. This is just too much. Never found server with all those things.

It takes forever to make server ,i just started to learn about l2j and etc though i will done in less than 1 month ,but lol? i guess il finish in 1 year xD (really) ,and from my point of view ,is worth the waste of time ,because making a server like you wish and knowing that most of players would like ,its more fun than playing your favorite server  ;)

The only special custom servers from my opinion are L2Dreams,L2 Blackbird,L2 Dubai (weird servers with neither exagerate custom and neither simple = balance)

PS: The same way you wasting your life to have fun staying playing games ,is the same way with creating a server ,you have same fun feeling and etc ,that's why even if you fail or you wasted a year creating a special server but you don't have enough money to host it isn't a regret ,is a preview of your own capacity and make's you know that you're better and help you TO go on xD ,after all most of us are boring of life and we try to create something special

My conclusion is that people who like copy/paste and fast things and they don't put soul and effort ,are the kind of people who like drugs,sex,alcoohol and they have a selfish personality (haha lol rly ,call me crazy) ,conclusion 2: you don't wanna talk to these kind of people or having a deal with xD

Its really funny how some people hope and think without taking into consideration the scene around lineage 2. To make a unique server with things that you have not seen in others needs way too much work. Its not just about having a good idea. The main complication is to implement this idea and to implement it completelly, bugless.

L2J has a couple of game features that have been developed through years and years of debugging. Coding something custom and big from scratch is a very difficult work to do. There do exist people with such ambitions but they usually fail because they do not comply by the standard way of making a server.

By that i mean appealing to the mass of idiots than the few. You have to spend time in public relationships, advertisement, vote scripts, anti bots, balance ranting etc. If you neglect those things and focus in custom features you end up with a bad quality unplayable product.

And the cause of all this, is open source. Everyone can open a server and when everyone has that ability the population scatters. When that happens player manipulation skills are a greater asset than being a good programmer and entrepreneur ( killed it ! ).

And here comes the verdict. Spend 8 hours a day coding new features and debugging them. Then come back and tell me how you found time to do all the other social requirements that a server needs. Cause i haven't found a way to do it.

And to second that, do not compare custom unique highrates with lowrate sucessful servers. Most people who make lowrates dont have to care about writting 40 new classes and 40 new sql tables. Its a huge gap in innovative and programming ability between being a lowrate server developer and a custom highrate server developer. And by custom i mean servers that DO implement things and not leech every public share. And those are counted in fingers.

This is how advanced our AI was few months ago. Stay tuned ;)

• 2 weeks later...