How a pvp server should look (interlude)

mocsu

So i've been looking for some time for a server that could match l2energy wich is offline for a while now. Until now nothing came up this is why i want to leave here my thought on "How a pvp server should look".

[shadow=red,left]RATES:[/shadow]

General rates: XP: 100x || SP: 100x || ADENA: 500x

Enchant rates: 45% with regular scrolls and 55% with blessed.

[shadow=red,left]NPC's:[/shadow]

Gmshop from wich you can buy all your gear with adena. Scrolls of enchant, life stones, bog's, S grade elixirs should be available for purchase only with extra-items*.

BUFFER with all the buffs. (resists, blessings/gifts, prophecies, pp/bd/sws/ee/se/wc/ol buffs). The effect should last for 2 hours at least.

[shadow=red,left]CUSTOM ZONES:[/shadow]

Custom zones should be placed in easy areeas such as E.G. so that there is no interference with the harder zones in wich one (and by one I am totally referring to the carebears 8)) should grind for adena. In custom zones you should be able to find monsters from wich you could get the extra-items. Also here you could find custom rb's from wich you could acquire clan rep items, clan skills eggs, bog's, ls's, blessed/regular enchants, adena etc.

Feel free to add.

i dont agree with all buffs, there is some buffs that should not be add imo, like song of windstorm, if a npc have that buff with lets say 2h duration you will kill the gameplay of all archers class's.

Non of this.

Nothing here drives the intention to PVP.

It would be a typical carebear server.

And just because a server is high-rate, neglecting support classes is pretty aweful.

In any case, like 10 of these servers exist down below in the private server section.

@sandpants I was merely suggesting that pvp servers do not need that much effort to put into as a player.

@andre_f My mystake. I changed the topic's title. Now you should see "[...] (interlude)".

@toby95 You are way off. Be more specific, have your own opinion.

Please stay on the "casual" side of the game and have in mind people who don't spend that much time ig. (this is why pvp based servers were created in the first place)

The problem is that the meaning of a PvP server is shifting.

It is now becoming that which you suggest - High rates, everything accessible, whilst maintaining open world gameplay.

That's bad.

First it's easy to do -> shitloads of servers as such, and the population is spread through out several. Eventually people follow wherever there is more people, but not features. But that alone doesnt cause the server to be profitable, and therefore it closes.

No incentive to actually PvP. There is just no reason but to gank and grief. And if there is  any form of GroupVGroup then it is typically carebear. One side eventually EMOquits. Server loses IG competition.

No long-term struggle. If everything is available in a week of dumb farming, or even longer - some very specific people will stay online 16 hours a day just to get ahead of everyone else, get the best gear, and gank the weak. The weak may not complain and leave, but the strong will leave because of boredom.

Current PvP servers are missing these fundamental points and various other small things. Regardless of chronicle.

Increased rates make a server just that. A server with faster progression. But PvP is scarce.

First off, my general impression is that you consider pvp having more meaning in low-rate servers.

There is nothing wrong with that. You have fair and valid arguements. I don't want to give away to much ground by agreeing with everything. Fact of the matter is that on many servers you can actually play this game without end. Things have a natural order even in our virtual setting.

I played l2energy and l2blizzlike wich were exactly as I described earlier. I want my next pvp driven server to have the same casual feel to it.

First off, my general impression is that you consider pvp having more meaning in low-rate servers.

Not really,no.

My impression of a PvP server is logging on, and not have to look for PvP. Current "PvP servers" offer nothing over retail, except faster rates.

L2 is a complicated game. Naturally the content is there to be found by players. There is no definite or linear progression scheme.

But if a server is to concentrate of player versus player combat, I fail to understand as to why there is a need for farming mobs, gathering currency to buy gear, and... pretty much it. That's all they are about.

A good PvP server, whilst not named as such, IMO would be InfiniteL2. It does get repetitive but not a lot of things are "simply there" with no meaning, unlike on many high rates, where every mob in the game is spawned, every instance is working, every raid has retail AI and classadobalancado 99% (and other things they brag about).

Many things just do not make sense.

P.S. I hope I do not sound hostile. It is just that so far, following the same "PvP server scheme", admins and developers are not achieving much by creating servers which repeat their predecessors consistently.