[HELP] About l2off developing

Nickgan

Question

Hello guys,

I have some questions and i would appreciate it if you could help me... At the beginning i bored and left my tries on l2off because i hadn't much support and knowledge either... Finaly i reached to understand and learn almost everything for l2java. The problem is that i am not intended to make a serious and good l2java server but my goals are a l2off server...

So, firstly, i would like to tell you in which "level" of knowledge i am right now... I have recently started C++ developing by having already knowledge on some other programming languages. Now my goal is becoming an l2off developer and i am really decided to learn anything on c++ for l2off developing. I also understood compeletely what an l2off server is and how exactly it works.

The question now is: do i have to work on a project like l2java and compile it with my way and onfigurations? MANY PEOPLE DO NOT ANSWER ME TO THIS QUESTION AND OTHERS TELL ME TO EXPERT C++ IN ORDER TO UNDERSTAND WHAT I HAVE TO DO THEN... Ok guys so let's say that i am an expert on c++ then what i have to do? You tell me that i must program lineage 2 from the begin with my way in order to give the game my own configurations? This is not sensible. Explain me on which project and files i must work... Like l2java we work on some basic projects already programed from the begin on lineage 2 and then someone can make his own configurations. On c++ i read somewhere that the files are stolen from the NCSoft originaly.. That means that those basic/official files exists and we can edit them and configure owr own server with different configurations knowing c++ of course.

IF YOU BORED READING THE ABOVE THINGS THEN JUST READ THE BIG LETTERS BUT PLEASE READ AND THE OTHER PARAGRAPHS BECAUSE I HAVE THOS QUESTIONS MANY DAYS-MONTHS....

WHERE CAN I FIND THOSE FILES? I DON'T WANT READY PACKS, I JUST WANT SOME PROJECT THAT I HAVE TO COMPILE AND CONFIGURE THEM WITH MY OWN WAY KNOWING C++. IS THIS TRUE AND IF YES WHERE CAN I FIND THOS BASIC FILES? IF NOT, HOW CAN I WORK ON L2OFF DEVELOPING?

I HOPE YOU HELP ME AND DON'T DO ME THE CLEVER BOYS THAT YOU KNOW EVERYTHING AND I MUST LEARN THE SAME THINGS... HELP ME TO THOSE QUESTIONS PLEASE...

Thnx :)

4 answers to this question

Hello guys,

I have some questions and i would appreciate it if you could help me... At the beginning i bored and left my tries on l2off because i hadn't much support and knowledge either... Finaly i reached to understand and learn almost everything for l2java. The problem is that i am not intended to make a serious and good l2java server but my goals are a l2off server...

So, firstly, i would like to tell you in which "level" of knowledge i am right now... I have recently started C++ developing by having already knowledge on some other programming languages. Now my goal is becoming an l2off developer and i am really decided to learn anything on c++ for l2off developing. I also understood compeletely what an l2off server is and how exactly it works.

The question now is: do i have to work on a project like l2java and compile it with my way and onfigurations? MANY PEOPLE DO NOT ANSWER ME TO THIS QUESTION AND OTHERS TELL ME TO EXPERT C++ IN ORDER TO UNDERSTAND WHAT I HAVE TO DO THEN... Ok guys so let's say that i am an expert on c++ then what i have to do? You tell me that i must program lineage 2 from the begin with my way in order to give the game my own configurations? This is not sensible. Explain me on which project and files i must work... Like l2java we work on some basic projects already programed from the begin on lineage 2 and then someone can make his own configurations. On c++ i read somewhere that the files are stolen from the NCSoft originaly.. That means that those basic/official files exists and we can edit them and configure owr own server with different configurations knowing c++ of course.

IF YOU BORED READING THE ABOVE THINGS THEN JUST READ THE BIG LETTERS BUT PLEASE READ AND THE OTHER PARAGRAPHS BECAUSE I HAVE THOS QUESTIONS MANY DAYS-MONTHS....

WHERE CAN I FIND THOSE FILES? I DON'T WANT READY PACKS, I JUST WANT SOME PROJECT THAT I HAVE TO COMPILE AND CONFIGURE THEM WITH MY OWN WAY KNOWING C++. IS THIS TRUE AND IF YES WHERE CAN I FIND THOS BASIC FILES? IF NOT, HOW CAN I WORK ON L2OFF DEVELOPING?

I HOPE YOU HELP ME AND DON'T DO ME THE CLEVER BOYS THAT YOU KNOW EVERYTHING AND I MUST LEARN THE SAME THINGS... HELP ME TO THOSE QUESTIONS PLEASE...

Thnx :)

Your expert or basic knowledge of C++ is useless.

Learn Assembly, x86-64bit.

And no, you build your own project from scratch ;)

EDIT:

Abit more info -we're supportive here on MXC!

Consider script the same as L2J Datapack.

You can only change already predefined variables and things in AI(Meaning quest and some smaller systems).

thnx for your help guys... so it would be better by downloading a basic pack (i basicly want c4 or IL) and then make my configurations from the database and from the files manually wihtout needing a compiler..? ok, basicly the compiler checks the work we have done but what i mean is that we can configure everything from the txt files? KEYWORD IS: "EVERYTHING". What i mean is that i may not have the ability to make some systems like the rebirth system only from the database and the txt files?

again thx for the help guys i would like to have some more replies... sorry for my rough writing but i dont have much time...