[Help] How to compile l2off (c++)

Nickgan

Question

Hello guys,

after some days of search i finally understood what a l2off server is and diffrences of l2off and l2j. Now what i want is learning to compile my own l2off pack. I read that it made at c++ and this is good because i know c/c++ programming but i don't know what files i must compile in order to make my final pack. What is want is something like this:  http://svn.l2jserver.com/branches/          But this link is for l2j and it is compiled with eclipse. I don't worry about  c++ compilers because i have the knowledge about that. If you want give me your own c++ compiler recommendations but the most important of all is something like the link above but for l2off and not for l2j. I hope you take my questions into consideration. Thnx!

9 answers to this question

Hello guys,

after some days of search i finally understood what a l2off server is and diffrences of l2off and l2j. Now what i want is learning to compile my own l2off pack. I read that it made at c++ and this is good because i know c/c++ programming but i don't know what files i must compile in order to make my final pack. What is want is something like this:  http://svn.l2jserver.com/branches/          But this link is for l2j and it is compiled with eclipse. I don't worry about  c++ compilers because i have the knowledge about that. If you want give me your own c++ compiler recommendations but the most important of all is something like the link above but for l2off and not for l2j. I hope you take my questions into consideration. Thnx!

u should not get it for free

If you know c++, you wouldn't even begin to make such retarded statements as you just have.

Learn the difference between l2j & l2off , as you clearly don't.

What is the defined difference?

Grow older and try again or just give up.

Result will be the same.

If you know c++, you wouldn't even begin to make such retarded statements as you just have.

Learn the difference between l2j & l2off , as you clearly don't.

What is the defined difference?

Grow older and try again or just give up.

Result will be the same.

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

void main()

{

cout << "Hello World!" << endl;

cout << "Welcome to C++ Programming" << endl;

}

I AM NOW LEARNED ALL IS NEEDED TO BE LEARNED TO KNOW C++ NOW YES?

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

void main()

{

cout << "Hello World!" << endl;

cout << "Welcome to C++ Programming" << endl;

}

I AM NOW LEARNED ALL IS NEEDED TO BE LEARNED TO KNOW C++ NOW YES?

No, you didn't.

When installing Visual Studio 2010 select custom and when selecting languages extend the "C++" option and select  "x64 Compiler Tools" or something similar to that.

After that @ Build -> Configuration Manager select(create) x64 platform.

Hopefully my information is more useful than the information Anders gives.

When installing Visual Studio 2010 select custom and when selecting languages extend the "C++" option and select  "x64 Compiler Tools" or something similar to that.

After that @ Build -> Configuration Manager select(create) x64 platform.

Hopefully my information is more useful than the information Anders gives.

You should NEVER use Visual Studio 2010 for l2off extenders.

2005 must be used for C4, and 2008 most likely for Gracia Final (i haven't checked yet)

There are very important differences between stl containers/classes in each visual studio version, which when you are compiling a full program cause no problem, but when you are compiling an extender it can cause havoc with your classes.

Best example is vectors, in 2008 microsoft added a new pointer to the stl vector which makes the vector 8 bytes bigger on 64bit, when extending an application compiled in 2005 with an ext compiled in 2008, different vector sizes means the first 8 bytes immediately after a vector in a class are now inaccessible.