[Help/Question]Server in Windows Server 2008 Web Edition?

besd

Question

12 answers to this question

If it has a GUI and you can install programs im sure you could.

yes gui(interface/graphic etc) is so importent :D, you can allso install a server whit just using a cmd example linux.

you need to be sure that the OS is supporting the Required Programms needed for a l2jserver and if the l2jsource is compatible and able to run whit the os.

dunno about web edition never used it cant tell the difference.

Give us more details do u have remote desktop access or general access to the pc...is it a dedicated server or a home server?

If you have it's simple just follow this guide: http://maxcheaters.com/forum/index.php?topic=50068.0

And download java - mysql - and any other program you need for the 64bit version!!!

They are all free after that everything goes according to the guide

If you don't have access to the machine by remote desktop and you are using a plesk - ftp access upload the right files through it and then you will need someone more expert than me to guide you through cmd commands cause i have no idea how to do it!!!

Well my opinion get a remote desktop service install to the machine like <<teamvier>> and install the files through it!!!

It's free...and you can also use windows service Remote desktop ask your provider to config it for you also free!!!

Give us more details do u have remote desktop access or general access to the pc...is it a dedicated server or a home server?

If you have it's simple just follow this guide: http://maxcheaters.com/forum/index.php?topic=50068.0

And download java - mysql - and any other program you need for the 64bit version!!!

They are all free after that everything goes according to the guide

If you don't have access to the machine by remote desktop and you are using a plesk - ftp access upload the right files through it and then you will need someone more expert than me to guide you through cmd commands cause i have no idea how to do it!!!

Well my opinion get a remote desktop service install to the machine like <<teamvier>> and install the files through it!!!

It's free...and you can also use windows service Remote desktop ask your provider to config it for you also free!!!

OMG I AN NOT NEWBIE, I KNOW HOW TO INSTALL SERVERS! I JUST I ASKED IF WINDOWS SERVER 2008 WEB EDITION CAN RUN L2J SERVER

READ BETTER...

OMG I AN NOT NEWBIE, I KNOW HOW TO INSTALL SERVERS! I JUST I ASKED IF WINDOWS SERVER 2008 WEB EDITION CAN RUN L2J SERVER

READ BETTER...

Calm down while someone is trying to HELP you!

Calm down while someone is trying to HELP you!

yes sorry about caps, but his post is totally off topic! i just asked if it is possible to open l2j server in Windows Web Server 2008! not how to open server..

READ BETTER...

Ok bro don't be upset idk if you are newbie or not...

So the answer is simple!!! Yes windows server 2008 web edition supports l2jserver i personally tested it with one of my old servers!!!

You just need to download all the tools to open server for x64 version of windows that means Java-MySql

The l2jserver you keep the same compiled version it's the same for almost all operating systems...

Hope i helped you!!!