[Question] Dedicated Hosting Plan...

ethos

Question

Hi there people of mxc,

i have 2 questions.

I'm thinking to host an l2j server and for start i think to host it here: http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/produkte_rootserver/x4

and i want to ask you what OS should i use Windows Server 2008 or Linux...

I don't have any experience with Linux but i am willing to learn because some people say that Linux is way more secure to host your server than windows...

And windows server 2008 have a monthly fee of 25e (i dont get why there is monthly fee and not setup fee (once)) that means more money..

What do you suggest me?

Also i want to ask about the Plesk Panel?

Is it a must or it is optional?

If its optional do u suggest me use it and why? (also have monthly fee)

thanks to anyone whom helps me..

Against the low.

Do it and if the admin is serious not a kiddo he will report you for the hosting company the hosting company will find teh botnet server(s) and sue you for good so feel free to go against big servers.

And stop threatening ppl with shutting their server down you are a nobody to do that the fact that you live in a cave girls never talk to you because you suck and you have no friends because you are a piece of useless junk dont allow you to play the allmighty hacker here.

PS.: your signature is a joke itself

ΜUAHAHAHA I AM NOBODY? AND  WHO YOU ARE? A SMALL L2J DEV WHO CANT OPEN HIS OWN SERVER? OKAY NABZOR FIND MY IP OFFSHORE HOSTING AND LICK MY BOTNET'S SKILLS  :-* :-*

An den dokimaso kai monos mou omws file mou den tha mathw ti pezei...oso gia ta xrimata me 100-200e den egine kai tpt otan exw standar douleia me 1000+e mistho. den skeftome na sikoso server gia na ginei number 1 kai kati allo skeftome gia lameguard protection...akoma sto psaksimo eimai...

Οκ σου ευχομαι μεσα απο την καρδια μου καλη επιτυχια , αλλα να θυμασαι τα λογια μου, χιλιες φορες να ασχολιόσουν με κατι που θα εβγαζες χρημα παρα με αυτο. Αν το γουσταρεις καντο , ισα ισα δεν θα το μετανιωσεις απλα θα βαλεις μυαλο. Απλα απο θεμα ασφαλειας, το DDoS δεν μπορεις να το ελενξεις. Καλη σου μερα  ;)

Shell booters can be avoided,anyway(99% of ddos @ L2j servers are made by them)

But don't care for protection from now,just buy a hetzner machine ;) with Windows 2008 or 7(like Intrepid said you)

Οκ σου ευχομαι μεσα απο την καρδια μου καλη επιτυχια , αλλα να θυμασαι τα λογια μου, χιλιες φορες να ασχολιόσουν με κατι που θα εβγαζες χρημα παρα με αυτο. Αν το γουσταρεις καντο , ισα ισα δεν θα το μετανιωσεις απλα θα βαλεις μυαλο. Απλα απο θεμα ασφαλειας, το DDoS δεν μπορεις να το ελενξεις. Καλη σου μερα  ;)

english topic you freeking moron...

Shell booters can be avoided,anyway(99% of ddos @ L2j servers are made by them)

But don't care for protection from now,just buy a hetzner machine ;) with Windows 2008 or 7(like Intrepid said you)

ah at last an answer on the topic...i still haven't started the server and people threaten me about ddos...

Anyway can anyone explain a bit what is going on with the whole plesk thing and if i can avoid it? thanks.!

ah at last an answer on the topic...i still haven't started the server and people threaten me about ddos...

Anyway can anyone explain a bit what is going on with the whole plesk thing and if i can avoid it? thanks.!

Plesk panel is a system monitoring service not necessary to use if you pick windows its usefull only if you have a linux with webmin.

english topic you freeking moron...

Οκ σου ευχομαι μεσα απο την καρδια μου καλη επιτυχια , αλλα να θυμασαι τα λογια μου, χιλιες φορες να ασχολιόσουν με κατι που θα εβγαζες χρημα παρα με αυτο. Αν το γουσταρεις καντο , ισα ισα δεν θα το μετανιωσεις απλα θα βαλεις μυαλο. Απλα απο θεμα ασφαλειας, το DDoS δεν μπορεις να το ελενξεις. Καλη σου μερα  Wink

He said:

Ok if wish you from my heart good luck, but u should remember my words , you should do something else to make money than hosting a server. If you wanna do it then do it, you wont regret but you will learn. About security thing, you cant control DDoS. Have a good day.

Οκ σου ευχομαι μεσα απο την καρδια μου καλη επιτυχια , αλλα να θυμασαι τα λογια μου, χιλιες φορες να ασχολιόσουν με κατι που θα εβγαζες χρημα παρα με αυτο. Αν το γουσταρεις καντο , ισα ισα δεν θα το μετανιωσεις απλα θα βαλεις μυαλο. Απλα απο θεμα ασφαλειας, το DDoS δεν μπορεις να το ελενξεις. Καλη σου μερα  Wink

He said:

Ok if wish you from my heart good luck, but u should remember my words , you should do something else to make money than hosting a server. If you wanna do it then do it, you wont regret but you will learn. About security thing, you cant control DDoS. Have a good day.

The biggest bullshit of the day i think i found the biggest noob of mxc in hes presence :D

so i can avoid it...thanks a lot for the answer dude..

It's not that easy,it requires some extra knowledge as well.Search net to find some info ;)

I am sorry,but i can't help you more,since i don't have this 'knowledge'

For start,buy a hetzner PC,and just blacklist ur IP @extremebooter/advanace booter(most attacks to java servers come from there ;P )

It's not that easy,it requires some extra knowledge as well.Search net to find some info ;)

I am sorry,but i can't help you more,since i don't have this 'knowledge'

For start,buy a hetzner PC,and just blacklist ur IP @extremebooter/advanace booter(most attacks to java servers come from there ;P )

ok thanks for the info m8.have a nice day!