[Question] Dedicated Hosting Plan...

ethos

Question

Hi there people of mxc,

i have 2 questions.

I'm thinking to host an l2j server and for start i think to host it here: http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/produkte_rootserver/x4

and i want to ask you what OS should i use Windows Server 2008 or Linux...

I don't have any experience with Linux but i am willing to learn because some people say that Linux is way more secure to host your server than windows...

And windows server 2008 have a monthly fee of 25e (i dont get why there is monthly fee and not setup fee (once)) that means more money..

What do you suggest me?

Also i want to ask about the Plesk Panel?

Is it a must or it is optional?

If its optional do u suggest me use it and why? (also have monthly fee)

thanks to anyone whom helps me..

About OS,

If you dont know a shit from linux then choose windows,yeah is true Linux is well protected but only when you know how to protect them,if you are "newbie" then you shouldn't choose linux.

better to buy this http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/produkte_rootserver/x5

and add windows 2008 if you dont know anything about linux.

it's 85 per month

A properly setted up windows is better than a fucked up linux.

With that beeing said use the 1 that you have more experience with.

i recommend Linux

about dedicated host.....

really cheep price but ... AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+  suck

About OS,

If you dont know a shit from linux then choose windows,yeah is true Linux is well protected but only when you know how to protect them,if you are "newbie" then you shouldn't choose linux.

better to buy this http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/produkte_rootserver/x5

and add windows 2008 if you dont know anything about linux.

it's 85 per month

A properly setted up windows is better than a -beep-ed up linux.

With that beeing said use the 1 that you have more experience with.

Ok thanks for the answers guyz.I will go for windows 2008 then since im total noob with linux..

btw if u want to use one of the servers' date=' then u have to get at last an EQ 4 and not a x4 ^^[/quote']

Yeah m8 i know its more powerful server but it wants 150e for setup and i think for start i better choose a more cheaper plan and if eveything goes ok then i will move that that server ;)

ok and what about the plesk thing.?

Is it a must or it is optional?

If its optional do u suggest me use it and why? (also have monthly fee)

Thanks.

You cant avoid any flood type so you MUST ONLY think of the quantity of players and forget the security because I can use my bots for 5 minutes and f*ck your server for fun!  :D Thanks

You cant avoid any flood type so you MUST ONLY think of the quantity of players and forget the security because I can use my bots for 5 minutes and f*ck your server for fun!  :D Thanks

You are my friend sadly mistaken your bots are useless if the pack is protected properly and the os is on good condition(or even if its not the kind of bots you scriptkiddos can get are useless at all) :)

off topic...

You are my friend sadly mistaken your bots are useless if the pack is protected properly and the os is on good condition(or even if its not the kind of bots you scriptkiddos can get are useless at all) :)

You cant imagine how hard can hit 30k bots from my bot, with my hosting machine, so dont say nothing and of course IF you can changee and make some fixes to avoid it you would do them and make money, but the truth is you cant... Fred selling his programms and "security" for a lot of money without sense and if you have been GM in MXC like me you would understand the DDoS rulles...

Go ask Maxtor for his pack price... 2500 - 3000 euros for nothing. ok now?  ::)

[GR] Ethos προσωπικη μου αποψη, τζαμπα θα πεταξεις τα λεφτα σου, ισα ισα ψάξε community να μπεις ως μελος. Σκεψου τα χρηματα, την απογοητευση αν σου κανουν ζημια και επισης ποσους εχθρους θα αποκτησεις. Υπαρχουν ποσες εκαντονταδες servers του Lineagε ][ , μην κανεις λαθος κινησεις αυτες τις εποχες! [/GR]

Sorry for double posting "."

You cant imagine how hard can hit 30k bots from my bot, with my hosting machine, so dont say nothing and of course IF you can changee and make some fixes to avoid it you would do them and make money, but the truth is you cant... Fred selling his programms and "security" for a lot of money without sense and if you have been GM in MXC like me you would understand the DDoS rulles...

Go ask Maxtor for his pack price... 2500 - 3000 euros for nothing. ok now?  ::)

You are a nice little scriptkiddo :)

1st of all ddos is always avoidable its just a matter of effort.

2nd of all you shut down l2dreams if not shut up little wannabe :)

3rd you were gm at mxc well i guess thats why the server was crap^^

You have no clue about what ddos is you just have a flooder made by some wannabe scriptkiddo like serk or dragonhunter and you try to play the big boy.

Get out of the topic for good with your stupidity since you proove nothing.

I have botnet with 30k bots, everything goes offline in some secs. It's obviously DDoS damages your systems haha  :-*

ontopic : Ethos stop asking for security , you cant have security for something unsecured for ever.  ::)

[GR] Ethos προσωπικη μου αποψη, τζαμπα θα πεταξεις τα λεφτα σου, ισα ισα ψάξε community να μπεις ως μελος. Σκεψου τα χρηματα, την απογοητευση αν σου κανουν ζημια και επισης ποσους εχθρους θα αποκτησεις. Υπαρχουν ποσες εκαντονταδες servers του Lineagε ][ , μην κανεις λαθος κινησεις αυτες τις εποχες! [/GR]

Sorry for double posting "."

[en]If i dont try by myself i will never know whats going on with servers...about the money i dont care if i spend 100-200e since i got a standar job with 1000+e.

Im not thinking to make a server to become number 1 and for protection im thinking about lameguard...im still searching..

[gr]An den dokimaso kai monos mou omws file mou den tha mathw ti pezei...oso gia ta xrimata me 100-200e den egine kai tpt otan exw standar douleia me 1000+e mistho. den skeftome na sikoso server gia na ginei number 1 kai kati allo skeftome gia lameguard protection...akoma sto psaksimo eimai...

I have botnet with 30k bots, everything goes offline in some secs. It's obviously DDoS damages your systems haha  :-*

ontopic : Ethos stop asking for security , you cant have security for something unsecured for ever.  ::)

Against the low.

Do it and if the admin is serious not a kiddo he will report you for the hosting company the hosting company will find teh botnet server(s) and sue you for good so feel free to go against big servers.

And stop threatening ppl with shutting their server down you are a nobody to do that the fact that you live in a cave girls never talk to you because you suck and you have no friends because you are a piece of useless junk dont allow you to play the allmighty hacker here.

PS.: your signature is a joke itself