[Discussion]Is it worth voting on sites like gamesites200.com?

After I posted my sales thread about selling votes some members sent me pms asking me if it is worth buying votes.

Answer is: yes, it is.

But it very much depends on the # you are at and amount of votes you buy.

Here is a very good example of a server that I voted on.

perdaygraph.php?id=20636&category=lineage2

You can see that before I began they had almost no in and no out

In = votes they have

out = clicks that people do to visit their site.

As soon as I started voting they started receiving more visitors to their site (red line goes up).

There is a slight delay to the next day because this was happening at night and people saw them higher in the ranking next day.

They climbed very high on the #rank but since they stopped buying votes and other servers still did they droppd on the #rank and their out dropped as well.

Buying votes is probably THE BEST best way how to get players.

It is still important to do propaganda over facebook, emails, forums but votes give you by far the biggest amount of visits.

Also, compared to work invested votes are again the best way how to get visitors since you do not have to do anything other than buy votes.

When they bought 2000 votes they got 4000 visits to their site from that!

To get that many from emails forums and other means of advertisement you really need to work your butt off to do it or have a lot of people help you spam your site.

One big mistake that this server did is buy a good amount of votes but then STOP buying them.

Instead of buying 2000 votes they should instead buy 10.000 and have 1000 delivered every day.

This way price would be only double of what they paid now, but they would get FIVE times more visitors than now.

So in other words, it is important to buy a bigger amount of votes at the 1st of month to get high on #rank and then keep getting votes every day to stay there.

I should also mention that buying votes does not mean you will get players 100%.

Votes will bring you visitors. Players that are interested in your server. But if your site sucks badly or your server sucks then those players will just leave to another site.

So best combination is to first make a good site, then advertise it on forums and at the same time buy votes.

Important!

If you are launching a server BUY VOTES BEFORE you launch AND after you launch.

Do not make a common mistake that many people do which is to wait until server launches and then get votes.

This is wrong because what you want to do is get as many people on the launch as possible. And by buying votes BEFORE you launch this is exactly how you will get them.

If you buy votes later and server was empty on launch it won't have as big of an effect.

Anyway, I hope this cleared some questions.

If you see anybody saying votes suck, or asking if it is worth getting them, give them a link to this thread.

If you don't believe me what I wrote above we can easily post more examples so you will see it is true :P

Moore

Yes its worthy every kind of advertisement is worthy even if you dont get votes(which we all know not based on any kind of usefull data).

But imho the best advertisement way is NOT vote sites.

Yes its worthy every kind of advertisement is worthy even if you dont get votes(which we all know not based on any kind of usefull data).

But imho the best advertisement way is NOT vote sites.

What would you say that it is then?

I did a lot of advertisement for myself and many different servers by now and I haven't seen anything give so many visitors in such a short time like votes did.

Facebook, emails, forums, nothing brings THIS many visitors THAT fast.

Not to mention they all take more work.

With FB for example you need to pm people like crazy, invite friends, spam their fb and crap. It's time consuming and not very efficient. Unless if your server goes viral then it is possible but it is not very often this happens.

Next are forums. Which pretty much comes down to posting on mxc and few other sites, among 34253453 other servers just like yours with people just waiting to flame you.

Spamming forums of other servers is even worse. Waste of effort cause players there hate you and admins ban you as soon as they see your thread.

Then there are emails. A good way IF you get the email into inbox. Which is HARD. Most people just use a list of thousands of emails that they buy from somebody and then send it to.. spam ;D

It's very inefficient unless if your ip already has a reputation + you send slowly + you use special software that changes your email on every send.

Skip one of those and you go to spambox where about 3-5% check spam.

5% out of 10.000 = 500

What else is there? Irc is useless. Msn is also pretty much useless. You can maybe spam to 200-300 people IF you have a lot of friends.

What would you say that it is then?

I did a lot of advertisement for myself and many different servers by now and I haven't seen anything give so many visitors in such a short time like votes did.

Facebook, emails, forums, nothing brings THIS many visitors THAT fast.

Not to mention they all take more work.

With FB for example you need to pm people like crazy, invite friends, spam their fb and crap. It's time consuming and not very efficient. Unless if your server goes viral then it is possible but it is not very often this happens.

Next are forums. Which pretty much comes down to posting on mxc and few other sites, among 34253453 other servers just like yours with people just waiting to flame you.

Spamming forums of other servers is even worse. Waste of effort cause players there hate you and admins ban you as soon as they see your thread.

Then there are emails. A good way IF you get the email into inbox. Which is HARD. Most people just use a list of thousands of emails that they buy from somebody and then send it to.. spam ;D

It's very inefficient unless if your ip already has a reputation + you send slowly + you use special software that changes your email on every send.

Skip one of those and you go to spambox where about 3-5% check spam.

5% out of 10.000 = 500

What else is there? Irc is useless. Msn is also pretty much useless. You can maybe spam to 200-300 people IF you have a lot of friends.

The best advertisement is quality :)

You see the best way to get noticed by people telling your stuff to eachother and to get that you need a great server. I know tho many people think "my server is great" and stuff like that but the thing is.

Vote sites are overrated and dont bring as much stable player as they should(most of the players log in and if the server isnt good enough they leave in no time).

In my opinion the best way of advertisement is a great server since a great server is the base of everything in that case.

You seem to be speaking about different thing than I am.

I am speaking about FRESH visitors to your page. Not returning visitors.

Fresh visitors are people that see your website the first time. You need to get these somehow by one of the ways I described above.

What you are saying are returning visitors. Players that come back to your server over and over again because they see it is good and they like it.

Every visitor is always considered as fresh visitor first (aka first time visitor).

After that it may or may not return. If he does he is a returning one.

Don't confuse these two.

Way of advertisement you mentioned above is most likely msn (viral?). Votes can EASILY beat msn advertisement and they beat it by far.

We can do tests if you are interested.

We make a new server site and publish it on 1st of the month.

I will advertise it to top #3 and I will keep it there for a week. I will not use any other means of advertisement.

You go on msn and spam as many people as you possibly can.

We then compare results by using google analytics.

all the visitors with referrer from gs200 are those from votes.

All those that are without referrer are yours.

I can assure you votes will win by far.

I did these tests before on my own.

p.s.

All I need to do is load proxies and run the voter.

You need to spam like a madman the whole day to get the word out. Clearly my way is easier :P

You seem to be speaking about different thing than I am.

I am speaking about FRESH visitors to your page. Not returning visitors.

Fresh visitors are people that see your website the first time. You need to get these somehow by one of the ways I described above.

What you are saying are returning visitors. Players that come back to your server over and over again because they see it is good and they like it.

Every visitor is always considered as fresh visitor first (aka first time visitor).

After that it may or may not return. If he does he is a returning one.

Don't confuse these two.

Way of advertisement you mentioned above is most likely msn (viral?). Votes can EASILY beat msn advertisement and they beat it by far.

We can do tests if you are interested.

We make a new server site and publish it on 1st of the month.

I will advertise it to top #3 and I will keep it there for a week. I will not use any other means of advertisement.

You go on msn and spam as many people as you possibly can.

We then compare results by using google analytics.

all the visitors with referrer from gs200 are those from votes.

All those that are without referrer are yours.

I can assure you votes will win by far.

I did these tests before on my own.

p.s.

All I need to do is load proxies and run the voter.

You need to spam like a madman the whole day to get the word out. Clearly my way is easier :P

We talk about the same BUT...

fresh visitor:

someone who look at your site and done thats all thats useless in most part and not what you need as far as a server goes.

returning visitor:

the one who come back day to day to your site play on your server day to day maybe donate for your server...thats what you need.

As far as your question with voting sites i answered that before :)

Your English is very bad. I can barely understand it :S (not flaming!)

Please try to take your time to write a better post so I can understand you better. :)

Thnx.

My english seems fine to me sorry but i dont see any problem and never heard about problem besides when i make a typo but i didnt.

By the way...i just checked your signature and from that point useless to talk with you since you just want to hype an overrated service to get money out of people who dont know how to advertise properly. :)

My english seems fine to me sorry but i dont see any problem and never heard about problem besides when i make a typo but i didnt.

By the way...i just checked your signature and from that point useless to talk with you since you just want to hype an overrated service to get money out of people who dont know how to advertise properly. :)

Your English is anything but fine. It is very hard to understand what you mean.

I am trying to have a good conversation with you but you keep on posting stuff that doesn't really make sense and now you are even flaming me.

I stated a lot of facts and things you can verify yourself. You didn't post any.

So why exactly are you saying I am wrong and providing no proof to backup your claims?

Come on, we can talk or go flame somewhere else.

Also, since when is there only the PROPER way to advertise?

Any kind of advertisement that brings you visitors is a GOOD advertisement.

I hope you are not one of those people that must always be right even if they aren't.... I hate that kind of people.

Your English is anything but fine. It is very hard to understand what you mean.

I am trying to have a good conversation with you but you keep on posting stuff that doesn't really make sense and now you are even flaming me.

I stated a lot of facts and things you can verify yourself. You didn't post any.

So why exactly are you saying I am wrong and providing no proof to backup your claims?

Come on, we can talk or go flame somewhere else.

Also, since when is there only the PROPER way to advertise?

Any kind of advertisement that brings you visitors is a GOOD advertisement.

I hope you are not one of those people that must always be right even if they aren't.... I hate that kind of people.

1st of all its not hard to understand what i mean only when you dont want to understand it.

2nd you stated a bunch of fake data to provide source for your deals which you advertise in your signature.

3rd i say you are wrong because a server never needs 1 time visitors a server need players and to get players you can have the biggest vote count on any site if the server is bad you not going to have any.

4th theres always a good and bad way. Bad way is to not use what you can to advertise your server, good way is to use every possible chance to advertise your server. But you should know what kind of advertisement worth it and not overrate or underestimate any kind of service you can have.

Still tho you going to come up with pointless facts and 1 invalid picture to proove that your services are worthy so you can get money but think again you are clearly a scammer since you try to make money out of something worthless :)

Fake?

Dude I posted a link to GS200. Stop being an idiot.

It's OBVIOUS that server got 2200 votes out of nowhere.

100 were preview. 2000 were bought. 100 were extra for free.

Don't call me a liar just to make yourself look good.

You provided NO data whatsoever and just call me wrong.

Your logic doesn't make any sense.

I told you already.

EVERY visitor MUST be a 1st time visitor.

You cannot just magically have visitors out of nowhere. Its easy to understand that but it seems you do not.

nobody just magically comes to your site by having a dream.

They must see your site somewhere. I told you loud and clear the ways to do it. I even wrote what is good and bad about it.

you didn't. You just flame.

I ALSO wrote that if a server sucks votes won't help you. That is completely up to the admin.

But we are not discussing quality of the server here. or the website.

I am saying how it is good to ADVERTISE. Get it? Get the word out to GET people to VISIT your site.

Get it now?

4th point is nonsense. It's just a lot of words that don't mean anything.

Show some proof man. PROOF.

I did. You just flame and trash. :(

p.s. Right click on image. Check the source.

Its directly from GS200 which means = NOT FAKE!

Smartass...

p.s. Maxtor, check your pms or get on msn! I can see ur reading this :P

edit: Here is more proof for you Mr. Shittalk for calling me a scammer.

Server 1:

perdaygraph.php?id=17242&category=lineage2

Server 2:

perdaygraph.php?id=19581&category=lineage2

Server 3:

perdaygraph.php?id=25727&category=lineage2

Every time I do votes OUT increases = more visitors to server.

Need more proof?

I can easily show you 10 more servers with the same images.

Out depends a lot on the server name and quality but it ALWAYS rises.

The better the server is the MORE it will rise.

Now GTFO with your shittalk for calling me a scammer.

Fake?

Dude I posted a link to GS200. Stop being an idiot.

It's OBVIOUS that server got 2200 votes out of nowhere.

100 were preview. 2000 were bought. 100 were extra for free.

Don't call me a liar just to make yourself look good.

You provided NO data whatsoever and just call me wrong.

Your logic doesn't make any sense.

I told you already.

EVERY visitor MUST be a 1st time visitor.

You cannot just magically have visitors out of nowhere. Its easy to understand that but it seems you do not.

nobody just magically comes to your site by having a dream.

They must see your site somewhere. I told you loud and clear the ways to do it. I even wrote what is good and bad about it.

you didn't. You just flame.

I ALSO wrote that if a server sucks votes won't help you. That is completely up to the admin.

But we are not discussing quality of the server here. or the website.

I am saying how it is good to ADVERTISE. Get it? Get the word out to GET people to VISIT your site.

Get it now?

4th point is nonsense. It's just a lot of words that don't mean anything.

Show some proof man. PROOF.

I did. You just flame and trash. :(

p.s. Right click on image. Check the source.

Its directly from GS200 which means = NOT FAKE!

Smartass...

p.s. Maxtor, check your pms or get on msn! I can see ur reading this :P

Yes its fake because it just shows a 1 time increase which is useless when it comes to worth it or not people want to see a result in getting more player so for example they buy 100 vote and than votes start to increase without buying any, that means they got players from it.

What i see is you just added a few votes out of nowhere(bannable offense ftw) get money out of someone and than wait till hes server got noticed and banned.

Sorry but the idiot here is you since you just hype your service without knowing anything about how or why it can be usefull to any server you just hype a freeking number nothing more :)

Best advertisement is mouth to mouth by the players and the community. If the people know you are going to open something worthwhile word will spread like fire. If your going to open just another shit pack server than ya expect to have to spam your ass off and use the vote sites..and cheat even on the vote sites to get players.

Best advertisement is mouth to mouth by the players and the community. If the people know you are going to open something worthwhile word will spread like fire. If your going to open just another shit pack server than ya expect to have to spam your ass off and use the vote sites..and cheat even on the vote sites to get players.

Thank you atleast someone understand what i said.