Topic about a serious server.

chris08

Question

Hi guys,I'm thinking to create a serious server with donate.But I mean really serious.I don't know if there are many people who play L2 now,but to be honest I like this game although is quite old.

So back to bussiness,I'm looking for good dedicated servers.

If anyone knows how can I create a donation system so the people who donated can get automatically staff they ordered.

I really liked L2 Elite in the past,but I'm planning to create it in l2j,since I don't know nothing about l2 off.

How can I create a beautiful webpage?(I only know about ucoz :(.This will ruin the server,I know.

I want seriously to blow away the competition in Hopzone.I'm thinking about a mid rate server maybe xp100,but really close to the official.And maybe another fun server x5000.

*I don't want to create the servers in order to play for my self,to have heroes players and fun with my friends.I see it strictly as bussiness.Even if I can earn in the beggining about 40 euros or 30 I would be extremely happy.

I really appreciate your help and I'm looking forward to your opinions.Pls be serious to your replies.Thanks for all.

As for the dedicated I will choose Hetzner,as Matim suggested who helped me extremely a lot and I can only thank you for that. ;).

(Probably the 1st package with 49 Euros.)

I'm thinking about the donate system,the one which confuses me.

Its your choose, I would strongly recommend Linux, but it may be harder in use for someone who is not experienced with Linux (console server control, putty etc)

Yeah I had a friend who was Ukrainian and studied in a university here in Sweden,he told me that Linux is almost the same as Windows.

But the server can be built the same as in windows?I've never tried Linux.

It would be a good idea if I set up the server in Windows in my own pc make the changes I want,back up it in SQL and then install it in Linux?

Why not, I did the same with my server.

Cool,

Can I choose this one,or is it only for websites?with 49 euros I mean.I don't undertand nothing about dedicated and although I know some Swedish I can't understand German:(.

http://www.hetzner.de/hosting/produktmatrix/rootserver-produktmatrix-eq

I have also found this dedicated pc from tophost.

AMD 64 4600+

2 x 1024MB this is 2g RAM?

Operating System:Debian, openSuSE, Ubuntu, CentOS, FreeBSD

Windows 2008 Web Edition +€20/month I don't know what is this.

Windows 2008 STD edition +€30/month

Traffic: 2 TB

OnBoard LAN: 1 GBit (100 Mbps)

FTP Backup: 100 GB

Network availability: 99%

Hardware Replacement: 10h x 5

Data Center: Germany

Yeah I had a friend who was Ukrainian and studied in a university here in Sweden,he told me that Linux is almost the same as Windows.

Linux and windows is not ALMOST the same thing. It IS the same thing - an operating system. Although both of them are working in a completely different way. I'd compare them like an manual transmission with overdrive vs automatic transmission - each driver chooses depending on the needs ;)

Cool,

Can I choose this one,or is it only for websites?with 49 euros I mean.I don't undertand nothing about dedicated and although I know some Swedish I can't understand German:(.

http://www.hetzner.de/hosting/produktmatrix/rootserver-produktmatrix-eq

I have also found this dedicated pc from tophost.

AMD 64 4600+

2 x 1024MB this is 2g RAM?

Operating System:Debian, openSuSE, Ubuntu, CentOS, FreeBSD

Windows 2008 Web Edition +€20/month I don't know what is this.

Windows 2008 STD edition +€30/month

Traffic: 2 TB

OnBoard LAN: 1 GBit (100 Mbps)

FTP Backup: 100 GB

Network availability: 99%

Hardware Replacement: 10h x 5

Data Center: Germany

I think is good.

Beware the first month you will pay 149+49 for installation and for the hire.

The 49 will be paid by the second month and later.

And yes Hetzner is one of the best host companies.Good choice. ;)

hetzner has also a english site as well ><

http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/produkte_rootserver/eq4

but u really should get a "partner" which know all the stuff u don't know! else just give it up!

In this one can I set up my server and start from there?

http://www.hostyourdream.net/ here in this site in the one with just 8.90 euros per month can I put a Lineage server there and run smoothly?(just for the start of it.)

As for the server it would be Interlude,because I think is the best choice.

I'm looking so low price at first because is a risk to buy a good dedicated from the very first day.Thank all for your replies,opinions and help ;).

the one for 8€ is a web server so no u can't run on them a game server^^

if u don't have money don't even start to think about to open a server...

but as u said u have 80€per month so hetzner should be a good solution even if u have to pay the first time 150€