Some help here

sabas

Question

Questions about l2jserver interlude

1:Is there any good and free DDos protection for my server..if free dont exist can tell me one with money??

2:Linux or Windows????

3:If i put linux which is the best???(debian,centOS,ubuntu)??

4:If i put linux(any version) i have protection from DDos attacks and other attacks????

2 answers to this question

1:It would be better to buy a good host to have protection from itself.

You will not have problem really.

2,3,4:I never used Linux so i can't answer you rly.

Well, dunno why people are so busy with ddos, because from the moment you include L2J securities (like IPv4 filter etc), you're secured of 80% of noobs.

About real ddos, if someone want to fock your server (and the entire company which host your damn server), he will do for sure. But do you know why it will never happens ? Simply because it don't worth it. If you think your 80 players server will aggro russian mafia, you're paranoid type and I can nothing for you.

About MxC "jokers" shutdowning servers, it have nothing to do with ddos. They just exploit errors than L2J correct one after one. Update your server with last security and you won't have any problem. And check the "exploit" section to find/test bugs aswell.

The real fact, and it's sure you will have problems, it's IL securities itself, which are non-existant from a fresh L2J IL repo checkout. So you have to hardwork.

Linux/windows have nothing to see about ddos. Go check google to understand what is a DDoS. This is connection flood. So basically, what is behind the router have totally non-incidence. Could be Mac, Iphone or microwave, same shit.

The choice of Linux or windows is the eternal war between the light and the dark, each side is right so... Pro-linux say "linux", pro-windows say "windows"... As linux is surely free on your host, I suppose this will be the main argument.