[Help] Database changes

starletgti

Question

Ok when i make some changes to the database like changing username (to offline player) or adding items (to offline player) if i want to see them in game i have to restart l2server and cached.

Is there any way to see the changes without restarting the server each time?

Thank you.

9 answers to this question

Ok when i make some changes to the database like changing username (to offline player) or adding items (to offline player) if i want to see them in game i have to restart l2server and cached.

Is there any way to see the changes without restarting the server each time?

Thank you.

If im not wrong, you cant change the names directly in the game, but for the item,

you should be able to do it trought opening a port directly to the CacheD, so it can take the data and write them in real time.

But i can be wrong, i have never tryed it.

i know servers that they give you items throw their web site...so they are sending queries to their databse but they dont need to restart their server each time. when you login with your character you can see the items in your invetory.

i know servers that they give you items throw their web site...so they are sending queries to their databse but they dont need to restart their server each time. when you login with your character you can see the items in your invetory.

Them are not communicating directly with the database,but with the cacheD

If you want to do it trought a website too, write php/asp function to open a connection and interact with the sql/cacheD server,and send the packets / data to it,i think that you can do it trought the admin port ( default 2012).

Has to be opcodes and formats shared and even some based framework somewhere, search the forum.

In short, CacheDaemon has a opened port, that accepts connections, and will read packets/data, and then execute them.

Incl, adding items, changing charlevel, name, moving char to new acc, announcing ingame blabla.

Check out my automatic donation script, it uses it.