[Discussion] pro/contra current lineage2 forks

Oh well I thought they did the GSR based only on their retail experiences.^^

Wasnt maven the idea of evil?

Yeah I dont know why they opened another forum too because everything can be handled easily in one forum too.. The other forum was designed for the users but isnt the "normal" forum for the users too? Because it wasnt ever changed to only dev or something.

Of course the devs who are still rareley active are GREAT at what they do (thats what I ment with quality instead of quantity) and I would never say something different but still they need a few more devs to implement stuff they cant atm because they are busy with other things (they got their own private servers as well) too. But this way you can take this project as a base and code a bit yourself and create the best project out of it.

1st yes Maven is the child of satan :D

2nd you cant really take it as a base unless you know how to recode it from maven depedency management :)

1st yes Maven is the child of satan :D

2nd you cant really take it as a base unless you know how to recode it from maven depedency management :)

Well first of all, the GSR is actually based on savor's L2CDP (Client Data Parser) and retail result comparisons, and in case you haven't noticed, its the other way around, L2j 'leech' the JFree's GSR - just check their timeline and see the "thanks l2jfree" comments everywhere.

Its true, we are a tiny inactive, but we do have lives of our own, and yes we have several private projects. Plus, if you guys really think we're the best and we'll continue being the best, then you could help us ^^ make contributions and so on. All the help is welcome.

The idea behind the L2jfree-users forum was Noc's (noctarius), to avoid the continuous flood on the Jfree forums with newbies asking newbie questions, which was a pain in the butt since people would focus on the newbie questions - which were already answered, if only they used the search button - instead of the real good ones and commits.

I think that sums it up ^^

Cheers m8s

PS- Its pros/cons

L2J:

Advantages:

- stability

- close to retail

- more organised...

Disadvantages:

- huge lack of features

- complex code structure

L2JFree:

Advantages:

- alot of features

- code a little more simple

Disadvantages

- stability issues

- old l2j branch(they should consider updating)

- maven

- almost no organisation..

L2JBrasil:

Advantages:

- idk

Disadvantages:

- alot of useless features

- complex code structure

- no organisation

L2J:

Advantages:

- stability

- close to retail

- more organised...

Disadvantages:

- huge lack of features

- complex code structure

L2JFree:

Advantages:

- alot of features

Disadvantages

- stability issues

- maven

L2JBrasil:

Advantages:

- idk

Disadvantages:

- complex code structure

- no organisation

Clear and well.

/agree

L2JFree:

Advantages:

- alot of features

Disadvantages

- stability issues

- maven

Just a few notes:

- L2jFree is actually the most stable pack out there. Not only performance related, but e.g. L2j has NPE's everywhere, there are no known NPEs in Jfree.

- Organisation code related ? Its the cleanest code possible, you're just used to work with L2j which is, the ugliest code possible - no offence l2j dudes.

- Maven is hard but worth it, trust me, been using it for 3 years now and its really worth the trouble. It just takes a while to learn it, but once you do, its all you want ^^

- Old branch, its true, even I who use it get tired of using GFinal too since Epi is out. Guess we've gotta work harder.

- Small note: L2jFree is actually by far closer to retail, in GFinal that is - since its not Epi yet - all GFinal features are done, skills, npcs,htmls and so on. Whilst on L2j... Htmls are mostly custom, skills are wrong - the ones that are correct are mostly, taken from JFree - and so on.

Just my 50 cents ^^

Just a few notes:

- L2jFree is actually the most stable pack out there. Not only performance related, but e.g. L2j has NPE's everywhere, there are no known NPEs in Jfree.

- Organisation code related ? Its the cleanest code possible, you're just used to work with L2j which is, the ugliest code possible - no offence l2j dudes.

- Maven is hard but worth it, trust me, been using it for 3 years now and its really worth the trouble. It just takes a while to learn it, but once you do, its all you want ^^

- Old branch, its true, even I who use it get tired of using GFinal too since Epi is out. Guess we've gotta work harder.

- Small note: L2jFree is actually by far closer to retail, in GFinal that is - since its not Epi yet - all GFinal features are done, skills, npcs,htmls and so on. Whilst on L2j... Htmls are mostly custom, skills are wrong - the ones that are correct are mostly, taken from JFree - and so on.

Just my 50 cents ^^

I was talking about Interlude. Brazil is Interlude project so I was talking about Interlude.

come on talk about real projects like l2jfree / l2j

they dont know those because of they use only the wannabe forks

they dont know those because of they use only the wannabe forks

True and pwnt ^^

The only decent packs are: l2j & L2jfree. everything else is crap, made by wannabes, kiddos who have absolutely no programming experience.

Oh cmon I think l2open isnt that bad too (at least I think that after searching a bit through their source code and they are russians so what but maybe I saw too less and I didnt really test it) even if im a fan of l2jfree.^^

They have their own code-style (really not good readable^^) but some nice mods.

• 2 weeks later...

hmm sr but where is your problem? :/ l2j brasil is free pack you dont pay you just compile :/ its FREE they DO IT FOR FUN I think that you have to say THNX TO GUMA becouse he give free pack he didnt say use my project :s oh god!! i am so so so angry with all of you :s you dont have to pay and its free if you dont like you dont compile :S only girls say blah blah becouse they dont know what to do if you are so pro go  and start your own project and be the best :@  why you do that??? it makes you huppy ???  i think that you only know to log in www.maxcheaters.com and becouse you havve a big position in mxc staff you think that it a web makes you man :/ pff i only have to say that i am disapointed with all of you !! (sr for my bad english) for me guma is a good man !! go guma cont your work ;)

L2JBrasil

I've been continuously telling that it doesn't deserve the "J" at the name.

1) Very bad coding

2) Imature developers who have zero knowledge on what they are attempting to do

3) DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRTY Core, even dirtier than the junk bin under my house. As kuba90 pointed out once, they have even the same methods twice in their core!

i totaly agree with you my friend.!

hmm sr but where is your problem? :/ l2j brasil is free pack you dont pay you just compile :/ its FREE they DO IT FOR FUN I think that you have to say THNX TO GUMA becouse he give free pack he didnt say use my project :s oh god!! i am so so so angry with all of you :s you dont have to pay and its free if you dont like you dont compile :S only girls say blah blah becouse they dont know what to do if you are so pro go  and start your own project and be the best :@  why you do that??? it makes you huppy ???  i think that you only know to log in www.maxcheaters.com and becouse you havve a big position in mxc staff you think that it a web makes you man :/ pff i only have to say that i am disapointed with all of you !! (sr for my bad english) for me guma is a good man !! go guma cont your work ;)

You get the whole thing wrong.

1st off you are disappointed and?I personally disappointed too because forks like l2jbrazil can exist.

2nd off yes its free but only because of it dont worth a penny.

3rd off i really dont know how this related to a maxcheaters rank.

4th its an internet community everyone is free to express a negative/positive/neutral opinion if you dont like it its your problem.

L2J:

Advantages:

- stability

- close to retail

- more organised...

Disadvantages:

- huge lack of features

- complex code structure

L2JFree:

Advantages:

- alot of features

Disadvantages

- stability issues

- maven

L2JBrasil:

Advantages:

- idk

Disadvantages:

- complex code structure

- no organisation

/agree with xAdditzu