[WTS] nwatch - l2 armory

you can ask him to write user and pass, but you will have to controll the security

To create that you need either forum accessing gameserver, or gameserver accessing forum (presume they're on different hosts).

or the user will have to first create forum account, and only after he will be able to create game acc, like sublimity (not exactly, but smth like that)

That's how I'd implement it for myself, but reality is about 90% or more l2off servers have a seperate gamecp hosted on gameserver which is in NO WAY connected to forum.

This causes a problem since you, yet again, need either gameserver to connect to webserver (to check for user), or webserver to connect to gameserver (to grant permission to user for registering).

In which case you must either allow one forum account to register several game accounts, or allow users to register many forum accounts for 1gameaccount = 1 forum account. Latest one poses a security risk since you're basically shouting, HEY LOOK, MY ACCOUNT NAME IS...

I thought all these ideas through carefully and took the approach that works for me.

You must however know that whatever approach you take, forum and gameserver need to be customized in some way.  Sure I can integrate nwatch into forum, customize forum to make the whole system work and write necessary scripts on gameserver end if someone desires it, but clearly I won't do it for free ;)

p.s. I admire your enthusiasm. <3 it when someone gives suggestions. It's a great source for new ideas!

p.p.s L2j version is about half way done. I got it to work fine. All that is left now is bugfixing (1-2 days) and testing (click if you want to help).

• 2 weeks later...