[MEGA complete GUIDE]Warlock from Noble®

This guide is 100% made by Noble® so if you seek to post it to other blogs/forum  else give proper credits to Noble®(ME)

Warlock

undead_warlock_800x.jpg

What is a Warlock ?

Warlock is DoT(Damage over Time) DPS character.Probably the best DPS char in all terms!Lock is a wizard,that means that he is a cloth wearer.

What type of skill does a Warlock use?

WL relies mostly of curses,demons,status changes,shadow magic!WL has many game styles! we will analyze them further down!

Which races consist a Warlock class?

Human(53hp/140mp),Gnomes(43hp/200mp) for the Alliance

Orcs(73hp/109mp),Undead(63hp/110mp),Blood Elves(42hp/200mp) for the Horde

in the parenthesis you can see the starting hps and mps of every race.starting stats dont affect game play that much

Why should i choose a Warlock?Do they have a chance or a spot in Raids or Dungeons?

UNDOUBTELY YES! as i said they are a heavy DPS machine and can deal a lot of damage single target or even mass DPS!His demon followers can change the whole situation in an instance good(for pros) bad (for newbies)!Warlocks are preffered on instances for their SS(SoulStones) allowing to the casted one to instantly resurrect at once.

What are his Specs?

Affliction(pve)--->Mostly enforces Curses and affliction spells

Demonology(pve/pvp)--->empowers the demons the warlock possess and allows him to unique summon the felguard...strengthens the SS and the power of the demons!

Destruction(pvp)--->this pvp tree learns direct instant cast spells,increases damage and critical chances of your spells

What are the requirements in order to summon a demon?

All demons except Imp require a SoulShard! a SoulShard can be acquired by casting and channeling "Drain Soul spell"...Some vendors or AH sell Soul Bags which store SS in specific bag!

What can every demon do?

IMP:

*increases HP for all the pt members in 30yds range!

*has great damage,ideal for instances

*has very goodregen but it is very fragile(medium defences)

Voidwalker:

*IMBA tank and aggro holder for your farm

*Can tank in low level instances

*Has Taunt ability

*Great Armor and HP

*can sustain a lot of damage and can shield you and absorb damage

*Can heal itself

*Can detect invisible foes

Succubus:

*can deal very good damage

*can seduce every humanoid(mob or player) vital in a combat

*can take a lot of damage too

FelHunter:

*ANTI-Mage demon(can silence or interrupt)

*can dispel magic(antibuffs etc)

*PVP demon ideal for arena matches again casters

FelGuard(available only in Demonology Spec):

*a DPS/tank demon

*can inflict pretty good damage as you advanced demonology talent tree

*battle initiator

*can stun

What should i raise on a Warlock?

As a caster you need STAMINA because you are fragile with clothes only

Intellect

Spell Power

A little spirit

some ppl may prefer critical over SP because WL has some instant cast direct spells...both are ok...but why sp? imo because you can really use the critical only in DESTRUCTION spec. Demonology and Affliction rely mostly on other spells(curses,DoT+fear,demons)

Im in a Dungeon Group.What must i do ?

1)SS(SoulStone) your healer. NOT the tank nor the dps...

2)never use Fear or howl of terror in a raid or in a dungeon!(it is a noobish act).a feared opponent will taunt all the other nearby patrols or guards and will probably lead you to a wipeout and you kicked!

3)depends on the instance choose wisely your demon.in the most instances you ll find yourself using IMP.sometimes you might have to reconsider your strategy and lesser your damage and be a little more supportive.(example)you can use FelHunter in instances with many caster mobs(like Magister Terrace) or like Molten core (you can banish elements).Alternatively you can use succubus in BRM(Blackrock Mountain instanceS) in order to seduce the humanoids that use divine shield,or enemy healer or runners.

4)Provide HealthStones your comrades if you have SoulWell

5)Always keep some Soul Shards in your pocket.you need them for everything.(skills,Summon,SS,HS)

I saw Ritual of Summoning Spell.What is it?

that a spell!needs +2 players in order to summon a summoning stone.it can be used to summon players wherever you are.the only requirement is a soulshard and 2 assistant summoners.that spell is ideal when you are in a raid. you can summon a replace player for a leaver.now with the random dungeon configs that spell is not needed that much except if you all play on the same realm.

What are the most preferable and suitable professions for a Warlock?

due to life tap,fragility and need for hp recovery since you dont have any healing other than potions and Healthstones i suggest Herbalism/Alchemy!...you re free to choose whatever you like though!

What are the roles i can take on as a Warlock?

DPS

but in some low-mid levels only you can have your Voidwalker act like a tank if you lack a good tank!(rare)

An enemy skill explanation in my status screen indicates that i receive 45dmg per 3seconds but it inflicts me 65damage per 3seconds.Why does that happen?

it is increased enemy spell power.probably a weapon or an item  echanced by enchanter/scroll that raised the spell damage of your enemy.take the advantage for yourself too

How can i find out how many damage i ve dealt to an enemy /w or /w-o SP increase?

lets take "Corruption" spell. it says 40dmg over 12 sec(about 3dmg/sec--->9dmg/3sec...that is the spell damage done to an enemy if you raised your SP by 0.

now lets suppose that we added 30sp on ourselves.and at your enemy's profile you will see that it will keep indicating 9dmg/3sec but in his portrait you might see the number 15. this is actually the real damage you inflict  with your DoT or direct spell to your enemy.so try to keep your SP on high levels

Shall i use a 2H Staff or dagger/sword /w an offhand item?

Depends your gear and your stats you raised!search for your needs and choose wisely which stats you missed or avoided raising. both are good ,accepted and playable!

How can i get every minion(demon)?

By Quests.they are relatively easy.click on the links below for the guidethrough on these quests)

IMP:taken by the first trainer in the starting places at 1lvl

How to get and complete the Warlock Quests+quest givers

Hey,Noble! do you have any video with a Warlock to watch?

Does the Warlock has a unique mount or something?

Yes 2!

FelSteed 60% speed needs a few coins only at 20lvl

felsteed.jpg

DreadSteed 100%speed(apparently needs gold in order to learn the skill and 16-18g to aquire it)

126263941839.jpg

Noble®

PS:due to limitation of characters i ll pm TheEnd in order to edit

PS:dedicated to Commodus

Another awesome guide from you Noble!

You can also add some info about leveling specs. Which is easiest or something like that. ^^

+1 Karma mate keep up the good work.

oh god i totally forgot it :P i ll send pm to the end to fix it :)

btw thnx

What I'd like to see in yer guides is some macros, some PvClass tactics and some arena strategies.

Overall is a pretty nice guide, simple and helps players get started.

But its problem is that it's mostly for PvE realmers - Endgame stuff is missing.

Nice effort though!

What I'd like to see in yer guides is some macros, some PvClass tactics and some arena strategies.

Overall is a pretty nice guide, simple and helps players get started.

But its problem is that it's mostly for PvE realmers - Endgame stuff is missing.

Nice effort though!

i had the strategy about pvp and arena on the 1st topic but i reached characters limit and i want to edit it

about gear they are missing on purpose :P

i thought that they wouldnt be that understandable to users unfamiliar with warlocks plus they wouldnt be that respected :P (it happens a lot these days for me)

Well that's the first and hopefully not the last guide you post that give a clear view of the subject. I said in your Druid Guide that it's not full since you've started speaking about something and didn't finished your thought here you finished everything it's a nice guide overall yet there's always something more to ask but i'll keep that to myself this time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Actually I think that you can play as a Destruction PvE warlock as well.

Or some people use a Destruction - Demonology "Hybrid" spec.

And with the last patches, Demonology has been boosted and also deals extreme amounts of damage, and gives a lot of extra spell power to the whole raid.

Actually I think that you can play as a Destruction PvE warlock as well.

Or some people use a Destruction - Demonology "Hybrid" spec.

And with the last patches, Demonology has been boosted and also deals extreme amounts of damage, and gives a lot of extra spell power to the whole raid.

have to login wow from march :) so sorry for outdate :D