Apple ~ Our Topic :)

Blane

This mac costs so much money. I don't think you should spend so much for a mac. Better buy the other one (with the i3 processor).

This mac costs so much money. I don't think you should spend so much for a mac. Better buy the other one (with the i3 processor).

Yeah, that's what I am thinking. It has 3.1 GHz CPU(I think) and it's available in 24 hours. I will buy it in summer if I pass the exams! :D Making dreams since now :D

I don't know who noted it, but the  iOS 4.1 from the iPhones is draining 10 times faster the battery than normal. I got my iPhone in Tuesday and right now the battery is below half. From Tuesday since now i used it for max 4 hours. Do you had the same issue with the iOS 4.1 ?  :-\

• 2 weeks later...

Today I went to an exhibition about hotels and different cultures of the islands in Greece. They had 10-15 iMac <3 !

I had never see a real iMac ;o ! They didn't have the Apple Mac and Keyboard, shame ;s

They had a HUGE screen, I supposed it was 27". Thank God they let me check the iMac, I played around with the buttons and stuff.

Some questions:

I couldn't find the button which make the current window bigger. There was a (X), a (_) and a (+) button. (X) was closing the current window, the (_) was minimized and the (+)? I was pressing it and nothing happened. Finally after 10 minutes I found how you make the current window bigger. I also noticed that there isn't a menu, like "Start" in Windows.

But anyway iMac look awesome, I will definitely buy one! 21" probably because 27" was HUGE!

Today I went to an exhibition about hotels and different cultures of the islands in Greece. They had 10-15 iMac <3 !

I had never see a real iMac ;o ! They didn't have the Apple Mac and Keyboard, shame ;s

They had a HUGE screen, I supposed it was 27". Thank God they let me check the iMac, I played around with the buttons and stuff.

Some questions:

I couldn't find the button which make the current window bigger. There was a (X), a (_) and a (+) button. (X) was closing the current window, the (_) was minimized and the (+)? I was pressing it and nothing happened. Finally after 10 minutes I found how you make the current window bigger. I also noticed that there isn't a menu, like "Start" in Windows.

But anyway iMac look awesome, I will definitely buy one! 21" probably because 27" was HUGE!

Well "+" button doesn't really maximize the window.It "fits" it in you screen somehow.It's strange, yes.In many programs (like Mozilla), "+" works for maximization, but generally it's not the same as in windows.Of course there's a custom modification to put that in (like, in window$), but it's senseless.Using the right bottom corner you can resize all the windows as you wish.

And yes, they don't have a start menu.They have something similar, which is in the upper left corner of the screen.It's the "Apple" logo.But why to need a "start" button, since we have a dock ;)

If you have any other question, let me know, I can help :)

Well "+" button doesn't really maximize the window.It "fits" it in you screen somehow.It's strange, yes.In many programs (like Mozilla), "+" works for maximization, but generally it's not the same as in windows.Of course there's a custom modification to put that in (like, in window$), but it's senseless.Using the right bottom corner you can resize all the windows as you wish.

And yes, they don't have a start menu.They have something similar, which is in the upper left corner of the screen.It's the "Apple" logo.But why to need a "start" button, since we have a dock ;)

If you have any other question, let me know, I can help :)

What you mean deck? That kind of bar at the bottom of the screen? I saw there was a file "Documents" which have all programs of Apple, but they were locked, rofl.

What you mean deck? That kind of bar at the bottom of the screen? I saw there was a file "Documents" which have all programs of Apple, but they were locked, rofl.

Well I can't really know, what they had in dock, but imagine that you can have all your shortcuts/programs/documents/apps there.So it's more than useful :)

Well I can't really know, what they had in dock, but imagine that you can have all your shortcuts/programs/documents/apps there.So it's more than useful :)

They have locked the Safari, I couldn't enter in any website except the one that they had.

The iMac is: 2.8 GHz CPU, 4 GB RAM 1333 MHz