[Share]Name Color Item (Random Choice).

Well here's something funny I decided to make..

It's really nothing special, it just came to my mind and I thought to make it..

Plus that a guy made a similar request, soo..

Anyway.

It is an item, with which you can change your name color.

The choice is random (for example it may choose red, or green, or blue, etc.). Everything is configurable though, so you don't have to worry.

There is a risk option too, in which nothing happens, so the user will be kinda unlucky xD

Here you are.

http://pastebin.com/2ab0xYti

PS: If you have activated any events in your server, I would suggest you to add a few checks at the java file.

There may be a misunderstanding between the name colors, if there are custom name colors at your events.

Good Night.

cool dude.. you mind shits a lot of imagination ^^

1 thing.. u got a lot of boolean algebra operation involving Rnd... with kinda no point ><

can i give you some advice? XD

Use switch instead of all those if's... Like

switch (Rnd.get(4))
case 0:
                       activeChar.getAppearance().setNameColor(Config.NCI_COLOR_1);

activeChar.broadcastPacket(new SocialAction(activeChar.getObjectId(), 3));

activeChar.sendMessage("You are quite lucky, so your name color has changed. Have Fun!");

playable.destroyItem("Consume", item.getObjectId(), 1, null, false);
break;

P.S. Rnd.get(4) is not from 1-4, but from 0-4. You may have a unhandled value or not changing color.. :D

Use switch instead of all those if's... Like

switch (Rnd.get(4))
case 0:
                       activeChar.getAppearance().setNameColor(Config.NCI_COLOR_1);

activeChar.broadcastPacket(new SocialAction(activeChar.getObjectId(), 3));

activeChar.sendMessage("You are quite lucky, so your name color has changed. Have Fun!");

playable.destroyItem("Consume", item.getObjectId(), 1, null, false);
break;

P.S. Rnd.get(4) is not from 1-4, but from 0-4. You may have a unhandled value or not changing color.. :D

nah, it's simple.

Just Rnd.get(3) ;]

and include case 0.

Anyway, remade!

I saw 1 more thing.

How exactly are you calculating the 3rd case? I don't see anywhere something that handles the risk thingie..

Well, the risk is nothing serious.

There is just no name color for the player, which means that he purchased it with no reason.

• 1 month later...

i did include that code to l2jserver

but i have some bug of code at line

_itemHandler.registerItemHandler(new NameColorItem());

how i can handler register NameColorItem in GameServer.Java with l2jserver if here not support for l2jserver i am sorry to post here

if somebody can help for that line please tell me too

thank you :D this is a good cod need keep up

Coyote i test your code in Interlude l2jServer and i add the code perfectly without errors...i join in game to test it and i press on item and my char uses /socialvictory and in chat says "You are quite lucky, so your name color has changed. Have fun!"

but my name color it doenst change...so it didnt work...

any solutions?

ps: i test it and with admin char and with normal char and the results its the same on both characters.

EDIT: well no much time was passed from the time i added the code in my server and as i tell you i test it and it didnt work but when i use/remove a weapon/armor/skill then the color shows up...

any solutions?

please answer...thanks

Coyote i test your code in Interlude l2jServer and i add the code perfectly without errors...i join in game to test it and i press on item and my char uses /socialvictory and in chat says "You are quite lucky, so your name color has changed. Have fun!"

but my name color it doenst change...so it didnt work...

any solutions?

ps: i test it and with admin char and with normal char and the results its the same on both characters.

EDIT: well no much time was passed from the time i added the code in my server and as i tell you i test it and it didnt work but when i use/remove a weapon/armor/skill then the color shows up...

any solutions?

please answer...thanks

It works perfectly, your character just needs a change on his appearance/inv so that you can see the colour.