Greetings

daimokatos

First off much appreciation and respect to this site's owners, admins, and mods.  It has only been a week since I found this website and I've learned far more from this site alone than hundreds of others I've visited in the past couple months.

A little about myself I've been playing videogames for over 2 decades, started playing mmorpg's with Ultima Online and never stopped since.  I played Lineage 2 since closed beta and have been playing private servers since I first heard about the leak back in 2004.  I started messing with L2J around 2005, and at that time it was still missing important features needed for me to do what I wanted with the server.  Thankfully development has finally reached that point and I'm now working feverishly on my project.

The simple idea was that Lineage 2 was released with broken pvp, and it was never fixed.  During closed beta everyone was screaming at NCSoft about it, and one of the head GM's at the time(Spam) told us it would be fixed after the Prelude.  Sadly along with so many other things said it was nothing but a lie.  The fix the testers suggested was to have players set off the pvp flag when they attack reds. 

The pvp at the time offered very little reward(during closed, open, and through the first couple weeks of Prelude all players had a chance to drop items on pvp death) with way too much risk.  NCSoft made it even worse by stupidly removing the small chance for everyone to drop items on pvp death. 

Thousands stopped playing because the pvp system rewarded the exploitation of it.  Anyone who has played L2 knows about tricking players into turning red.  This is the broken system I am speaking of.  Because of that exploit players could lose months of work by dropping a good weapon or armor with no way of getting it back.  Compounding this problem was the fact that players who were tricked into turning red had no way of defending themselves, if they fought back they would only end up with higher karma and an even higher chance of dropping items who many people spent time to help craft.

With my own project I have contemplated the ruleset for years and I am expanding on that idea by offering much more reward and much more risk.  If I could make one suggestion to anyone who owns or is developing his/her own private server it would be to at least add a way for pk's to defend themselves.  I'm not even using karma on my project as I've set the equip/inventory drop rate to 100% for all players.  I'm working on many other things to balance this out but so far I like the direction the server is taking.

Anyways, sorry about the wall of text.  I don't post often but I like to make it count when I do.  Thanks again to everyone here, I've learned so much from all of you and I will be sharing all code and server ideas I can come up with.  :)

O.o.

First:Welcome :)

Second:I Untestand Max 70% Of The Text Cause My English Sux ;D[And I Was Borred Too Much ;D]

Third:Belive Me If You Start Sharing With Usefull Things You Will Be Rewarded As Hard You Work.

Sry For My English ^_^