Guide How to create\set up a faction server(like gve)New &Fully Updated!

Well because noone  knows how to create a faction server or at least the most such as gve server i create a mini guide to help you

Be sure that you mst spend time and work because i will not give it to you 100%

First of all faction system was created by Evill33t and for his old server and now the files are stored in his l2jteam "L2JFREE"

Note:The guide was created by EzEraL(John Lamprou)

Step 1

Go to www.l2jfree.com and brownze the forum to see l2jfree svn and guides of how to complie with maven

L2jfree is not use ant for complying but maven.In l2jfree forum you will find the guide and support

Step 2

With eclipse download l2jfree source.When you finish(it will take some time)you will see 3 folders.(Trunk,tags,branches)

Well interlude version is in trunk folder.So open trunk folder.You will see many other folders but keep in mind that only 2 folders

consider you.The "Gameserver Int" and "Datapack Int"Then go to gameserver int folder

Step 3

The faction files are located in:

1)src\main\java\net\sf\l2j\gameserver\instancemanager.Here you will find FanctionManager.java and FanctionQuestManager

2)src\main\java\net\sf\l2j\gameserver\model/actor/instance.Here you will find the L2FanctionQuestManagerInstance

3)src\main\java\net\sf\l2j\gameserver\model\entity\faction.Here you will find the  Faction.java the  FactionQuest.java and FactionMember.java

Read these files carefully and you will understand many things of what you must to do!

Step 4

After you read a bit the java files(faction source)you will understand that you must create some new tables and some htms

Well so now it begins your work.But during the previous guide that many ppl didnt know how to do it i will help little more.

Sql part

Well you must create 3 new sqls called "faction_quests.sql" "faction_members.sql" "character_faction_quests.sql"

Be carefull that the sqls must be in the correct sql syntax

Htm part

Well simply create the followings htms:

start.htm

already.htm

switch.htm

join.htm

accepted.htm

noadena.htm

switched.htm

declined.htm

askquit.htm

story.htm

quited.htm

quest.htm

shop.htm

wrong.htm

The htm files must be located in data\html\faction

Well thats all.Well if you dont know how to create these sqls and htm files you dont deserve to have a server like this...

FAQ :

What is faction system?

Faction system was created by evil33t for his server.It is like gve but it is not gve.You can choose factions that characters will join and many other things such us faction points and faction war event

Is this a gve system?

No but it is the most close for it.It has 3 factions (default good,evil,neutral)and many other things  that related on gve for example the buff coin and you can take a town in your side by winning it

How i can change the faction names because the defaults are neutral,good and evil?

In the file faction.java which is located in "src\main\java\net\sf\l2j\gameserver\model\entity\faction"

Have fun....

Regards EzEraL(John Lamprou)

well, nice share, but it is not for newbies, you just tell us to paste your file somewhere and then do everything else alone, that's not a guide

thx anyway...

Some files are missing like L2PcInstance.java that must be modified so I dont think it will work like this on its own. Its not ready to work needs more.  But thx of course for sharing.

well, nice share, but it is not for newbies, you just tell us to paste your file somewhere and then do everything else alone, that's not a guide

thx anyway...

Noone said is for newbies but even to do the htm and sql files as John said you need some understanding of java.

Btw you truly must be Ezeral and actually you were banned, you didnt even know it?  :o

Some files are missing like L2PcInstance.java that must be modified so I dont think it will work like this on its own. Its not ready to work needs more.  But thx of course for sharing.

Noone said is for newbies but even to do the htm and sql files as John said you need some understanding of java.

Btw you truly must be Ezeral and actually you were banned, you didnt even know it?  :o

No because 3 month now i have some family problems and i was off so i give my account to my friend to check the forums.And he dint say anything

And thx for the comment.As i say it is not fot the niebies.And man i try and works but you mst change in java file to be welcome.htm not npcdefault.htm

No because 3 month now i have some family problems and i was off so i give my account to my friend to check the forums.And he dint say anything

And thx for the comment.As i say it is not fot the niebies.And man i try and works but you mst change in java file to be welcome.htm not npcdefault.htm

Actually it may work but if you dont do any more modifications you wont earn faction points when you kill.

Too bad then you were banned :/ for spamming and flaming...

When you mean exactly it worked, what worked? And at which pack?

these files are already in l2jfree

Hello Guys!!

I am Adreas Friend of Ezeral!!

One day i give Him GvE Files Not Complete(not mine its Evill3t Work)!!

Ezeral Fix them and Reshare it!!

Trust him and try to Compile them!!

EzeRaL keep working for Java!!

If you wanna make the gve server btw better use l2jfree that already has the files and you just need to activate it or you will have compatibility problems and it will probably need to be converted. Need some fixes, most of them shouldnt be hard too: not attack faction members,not pm other faction members,faction chat, not invite to party/clan/ally other faction etc.

If you wanna make the gve server btw better use l2jfree that already has the files and you just need to activate it or you will have compatibility problems and it will probably need to be converted. Need some fixes, most of them shouldnt be hard too: not attack faction members,not pm other faction members,faction chat, not invite to party/clan/ally other faction etc.

Lol man these include in the code.This is complete.Rewrtite the files to work on another pack and create some htmls and thats all

hi John!!!

Really nice share.

This is the TRUE EzEraL.

I was his friend who looked the forum while he was having some family problems.So ...

HE IS EZERAL!!!

I am a friend of him...and my name is Nasos.

Thanks.

PS:I said "nice share"?Oh yes... ^^

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there and thx for sharing this guide.

I have problem in making that sql parts, i mean i ve tried but i cant figure out the correct structure of tables. can anyone post those scripts for making those tables here plz?

thx...